Who wants another KOTOR

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ObxChillin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Who wants another KOTOR (10 votes)

I do 100%
I dont 0%

I know i would love another Knights of the Old Republic, the first one was one of the best games on Xbox, im a huge fan of star wars and i would love a new KOTOR.

Playing Mass Effect right now and it reminds me of KOTOR a bit.

• 
udUbdaWgz1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By udUbdaWgz1
Member since 2014 • 633 Posts

tough one for me, since, I wouldn't want bioware to make it if they can't create a game that isn't dumbed-down and simplistic with great gameplay mechanics.

in general? heck yes.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2  Edited By Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

I want another Star Wars RPG, but no more Old Republic. It's simply uninteresting.

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#3 ZZoMBiE13
Member since 2002 • 22934 Posts

I'd like another single playerRPG set in the Star Wars universe that played like KotOR, yes. But after that MMO nonsense, I'm not sure I have a lot of faith in it as a brand or in BioWare as a developer.

I played the original Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 6 times start to finish (and at least 2 abandoned games that I got pretty far in). It's safe to call me a fan. But man oh man did I just hate Star Wars: The Old Republic.

Unicronus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 243

#4 Unicronus
Member since 2008 • 42 Posts

maybe Bioware will finish Star Wars 1313

ObxChillin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ObxChillin
Member since 2012 • 180 Posts

@ZZoMBiE13: the star wars the old republic was not that great, they should have just made KOTOR 3 intead of an MMO that would b free to play in 6 months

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#6 ZZoMBiE13
Member since 2002 • 22934 Posts

@ObxChillin said:

@ZZoMBiE13: the star wars the old republic was not that great, they should have just made KOTOR 3 intead of an MMO that would b free to play in 6 months

The saddest part of all was that Old Republic could have been 2 games in and of itself. They could have made a light side full game and a dark side full game and just let you play it single player. The MMO stuff added nothing to the concept.

There were the seeds of a decent story driven game in there though. I am not a fan of MMOs to begin with, but I do like Star Wars. I thought TOR might be the MMO that would hook me. And it did manage to keep my attention longer than most MMOs before it. But I still never got a character as high as lvl 20 before I got fed up and bailed. Just not enough interesting stuff happening. It's all just the usual MMO tropes that I never cared for and the Star Wars wrapper just wasn't enough to overcome a style of gaming I don't care for.

Shame really. I could see potential under the slog. It just wasn't worth going through the slog to get it.

Namgis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Namgis
Member since 2009 • 3592 Posts

I have long been a proponent of another Kotor title. These days however I agree with @Black_Knight_00 and @ZZoMBiE13, single player Star Wars universe RPG. The universe is too vast to stick with one era. I have little faith however, in EA creating something worth getting excited over.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

Yes please!!!

MrYaotubo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9  Edited By MrYaotubo
Member since 2012 • 2884 Posts

While I agree with some of the opinions in this thread we already know there´s not going to be another Kotor,certainly not from Bioware at least,SW ToR is actually a pretty good game though with some glaring flawas but the reality is,it has made a heck of a lot more money than both kotor games combined,lest we forget that the single players games weren´t exactly huge comercial sucesses,and though ToR wasn´t as well,it was still bigger and made more money for EA/Lucas Arts,so from a company standpoint its obvious why they went with it instead of Kotor 3 because even as F2P now,it´s still makes tons of money.

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21701 Posts

Only if it's a single player rpg.

donmuath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#11  Edited By donmuath
Member since 2008 • 64 Posts

@ObxChillin said:

That's an understatement, the old republic sucked, they ruined KOTOR and for what, so EA could pad their pockets.

Avatar image for deactivated-63dfa0b8f0214
deactivated-63dfa0b8f0214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By deactivated-63dfa0b8f0214
Member since 2003 • 378 Posts

Heck yeah!