Who wants another KOTOR

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by ObxChillin (117 posts) 9 months, 24 days ago

Poll: Who wants another KOTOR (10 votes)

I do 100%
I dont 0%

I know i would love another Knights of the Old Republic, the first one was one of the best games on Xbox, im a huge fan of star wars and i would love a new KOTOR.

Playing Mass Effect right now and it reminds me of KOTOR a bit.

#1 Edited by udUbdaWgz1 (631 posts) -

tough one for me, since, I wouldn't want bioware to make it if they can't create a game that isn't dumbed-down and simplistic with great gameplay mechanics.

in general? heck yes.

#2 Edited by Black_Knight_00 (18507 posts) -

I want another Star Wars RPG, but no more Old Republic. It's simply uninteresting.

#3 Posted by ZZoMBiE13 (22911 posts) -

I'd like another single player RPG set in the Star Wars universe that played like KotOR, yes. But after that MMO nonsense, I'm not sure I have a lot of faith in it as a brand or in BioWare as a developer.

I played the original Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 6 times start to finish (and at least 2 abandoned games that I got pretty far in). It's safe to call me a fan. But man oh man did I just hate Star Wars: The Old Republic.

#4 Posted by Unicronus (42 posts) -

maybe Bioware will finish Star Wars 1313

#5 Posted by ObxChillin (117 posts) -

@ZZoMBiE13: the star wars the old republic was not that great, they should have just made KOTOR 3 intead of an MMO that would b free to play in 6 months

#6 Posted by ZZoMBiE13 (22911 posts) -

@ObxChillin said:

@ZZoMBiE13: the star wars the old republic was not that great, they should have just made KOTOR 3 intead of an MMO that would b free to play in 6 months

The saddest part of all was that Old Republic could have been 2 games in and of itself. They could have made a light side full game and a dark side full game and just let you play it single player. The MMO stuff added nothing to the concept.

There were the seeds of a decent story driven game in there though. I am not a fan of MMOs to begin with, but I do like Star Wars. I thought TOR might be the MMO that would hook me. And it did manage to keep my attention longer than most MMOs before it. But I still never got a character as high as lvl 20 before I got fed up and bailed. Just not enough interesting stuff happening. It's all just the usual MMO tropes that I never cared for and the Star Wars wrapper just wasn't enough to overcome a style of gaming I don't care for.

Shame really. I could see potential under the slog. It just wasn't worth going through the slog to get it.

#7 Edited by Namgis (3577 posts) -

I have long been a proponent of another Kotor title. These days however I agree with @Black_Knight_00 and @ZZoMBiE13, single player Star Wars universe RPG. The universe is too vast to stick with one era. I have little faith however, in EA creating something worth getting excited over.

#8 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (6198 posts) -

Yes please!!!

#9 Edited by MrYaotubo (2709 posts) -

While I agree with some of the opinions in this thread we already know there´s not going to be another Kotor,certainly not from Bioware at least,SW ToR is actually a pretty good game though with some glaring flawas but the reality is,it has made a heck of a lot more money than both kotor games combined,lest we forget that the single players games weren´t exactly huge comercial sucesses,and though ToR wasn´t as well,it was still bigger and made more money for EA/Lucas Arts,so from a company standpoint its obvious why they went with it instead of Kotor 3 because even as F2P now,it´s still makes tons of money.

#10 Posted by Renegade_Fury (17209 posts) -

Only if it's a single player rpg.

#11 Edited by donmuath (62 posts) -

@ObxChillin said:

That's an understatement, the old republic sucked, they ruined KOTOR and for what, so EA could pad their pockets.

#12 Edited by lumzi32 (332 posts) -

Heck yeah!