Who is your favorite Final Fantasy XIII character?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by Pffrbt (6564 posts) -

BESIDES Lightning.

Mine are Vanille and Sazh. I love Vanille's incomprehensible accent and I liked how she tries so hard to be upbeat to mask how awful she feels. I like Sazh because it's refreshing to have a JRPG character that's a grown man who's completely down to Earth.

Also, how do I add a poll?

#2 Edited by CTR360 (7100 posts) -

vanille

#3 Posted by IncisionX (157 posts) -

Probably Snow and Vanille but I found the entire cast fairly lack luster when compared to FF of old ^^

#4 Posted by blamix99 (2043 posts) -

Actually i like tham all except vanille, she's kinda annoying for me

#5 Posted by IncisionX (157 posts) -

@blamix99 said:

Actually i like tham all except vanille, she's kinda annoying for me

You can't like Hope... he's just... argh...

#6 Edited by Bigboi500 (29999 posts) -

Snow and Fang.

#7 Edited by ShepardCommandr (2735 posts) -

Nobody.They all suck.

#8 Posted by benleslie5 (7875 posts) -

Lightning, Fang and Sazh

#9 Posted by Archangel3371 (15731 posts) -

Fang is my favourite although I generally liked them all Hope was my least liked.

#10 Posted by Netret0120 (2197 posts) -

Fang and Snow are my favourite. Fang had a good look and playing Snow was fun.

#11 Edited by EnoshimaJunko (209 posts) -

Besides Lightning, I liked Sazh. Never liked Snow and Hope.

#12 Posted by Ragnarok-64 (1295 posts) -

If you can bring XIII-2 in the picture I'd go Caius.

#13 Edited by Evil_Saluki (4878 posts) -

Characters are not as good as Final Fantasy X but if I had to pick, Sarah.

I can't stand Hope, he's the only one I find annoying in the end and don't get why they chose to give him large rolls in all 3 games. The English voice actor was pretty good for him but the character itself was like an alien, can't relate to anything and he just whines or passes down on everything.

I liked Sarah due to the surprise at the time of her becoming the next protagonist, but also she's your typical upbeat Japanese cutesy girl, thrown into a dark situation that she takes in her stride. It was a nice touch that she knew what her fate was but kept it to herself. Truly selfless character and not hard on the eye. Plus I like to imagine her and lightning had a thing going on the side, call be a dirty bugger but there are a lot of hints to it.

#14 Posted by GreySeal9 (24404 posts) -

Lightning

#15 Posted by Metamania (12015 posts) -

None of them. Final Fantasy XIII is one of the worst games in the history of the franchise. Fuck Square Enix for having us to deal with three games of shit!

#16 Posted by The_Last_Ride (72255 posts) -

Lightning is my favorite without a doubt

#17 Edited by SlyRoxas97 (59 posts) -

How can anybody like Lightning? She has no emotions at all and she never seems to have any real motives throughout the game, plus she only seems to care about herself. Sazh is my favorite character, he actually has depth and emotions.

#18 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (18507 posts) -

I think the most impressive thing about FFXIII is that for the first time since FFVII they managed to make a JRPG without any character I want to set on fire with a gasoline tank.

#19 Posted by jobosayo (20 posts) -

Noel Criss and Lightning haha

#20 Posted by Pffrbt (6564 posts) -

@Evil_Saluki said:
Plus I like to imagine her and lightning had a thing going on the side, call be a dirty bugger but there are a lot of hints to it.

Uhh..

#21 Posted by Pffrbt (6564 posts) -

@Metamania said:

None of them. Final Fantasy XIII is one of the worst games in the history of the franchise. Fuck Square Enix for having us to deal with three games of shit!

The games are more entertaining than other games in the FF franchise.

#22 Posted by sukraj (23032 posts) -

@ShepardCommandr said:

Nobody.They all suck.

This

#23 Posted by Metamania (12015 posts) -

@Pffrbt said:

@Metamania said:

No they're not and no other person on this forum will convince me otherwise. The FFXIII is pure shit. Period.

#24 Posted by Korvus (3886 posts) -

This reminded me that I haven't played a FF since 8 =/ Damn games that come out only in those non-PC-things...

#25 Posted by MrYaotubo (2709 posts) -

There isn´t a single good character in that game,even for videogame standards.

#26 Posted by gamingqueen (31076 posts) -

@Metamania said:

@Pffrbt said:

@Metamania said:

No they're not and no other person on this forum will convince me otherwise. The FFXIII is pure shit. Period.

this.

#27 Posted by GreySeal9 (24404 posts) -

@slyroxas97 said:

How can anybody like Lightning? She has no emotions at all and she never seems to have any real motives throughout the game, plus she only seems to care about herself. Sazh is my favorite character, he actually has depth and emotions.

She doesn't have much in the way of emotion, but she's cool.

#28 Posted by Pffrbt (6564 posts) -

@Metamania said:

@Pffrbt said:

@Metamania said:

I enjoyed it more than Final Fantasy 11 and anything pre-6.

#29 Edited by PrincessGomez92 (3609 posts) -

They're all so amazing though. Probably Vanille.

#30 Posted by Metamania (12015 posts) -

@Pffrbt said:

@Metamania said:

@Pffrbt said:

@Metamania said:

I enjoyed it more than Final Fantasy 11 and anything pre-6.

Good for you pal. More power to you for liking FFXIII from start to finish. Still, it's pure shit in my eyes. Bravely Default has been the one RPG, BTW, that doesn't have Final Fantasy as a title and STILL makes it one of the best things to ever happen, because it's just about everything a FF game needs to be.

#31 Posted by stuff238 (692 posts) -

Vanille because she is the hottest one.

#32 Posted by The_Last_Ride (72255 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

Lightning is my favorite without a doubt

ops, you said without Lightning, i have to say Sazh and Snow

#33 Posted by hellangel_boy (180 posts) -

I actually liked Hope, lots of people seem to hate him, but forget that he was a child that lost his mother, so it's normal that he acts like whinny child. I also liked Fang, Sazh was also cool, though I didn't like his stereotypical attitude sometimes. I can even argue that Hope is a better character than lightening because lightening showed almost no emotions through the entire game, and acted a lot like a 1 dimensional character. That's just my opinion though.

#34 Edited by MasterTankallex (94 posts) -

Snow, Caius, and Cid.

Hard for me to say I like any of the characters though, seeing as the trilogy was absolutely horrible.

#35 Edited by Ballroompirate (23021 posts) -

FF13 (and it's sequels) is actually the first FF game that I don't have any fav character nor any character(s) I like.

#36 Posted by Pffrbt (6564 posts) -

@Metamania said:

Bravely Default has been the one RPG, BTW, that doesn't have Final Fantasy as a title and STILL makes it one of the best things to ever happen, because it's just about everything a FF game needs to be.

Why?

#37 Posted by chessmaster1989 (29376 posts) -

Sazh is awesome. Lightning is good as well in the first one at least.

#38 Posted by yokofox33 (29867 posts) -

Nobody. I didn't like any of them honestly.

#39 Edited by firefox59 (4402 posts) -

@Pffrbt said:

@Evil_Saluki said:
Plus I like to imagine her and lightning had a thing going on the side, call be a dirty bugger but there are a lot of hints to it.

Uhh..

Lol Wincest.

My favorite would have been Vanille. Part of it was how she acted because she had information that the others didn't. It made her character more interesting. The actual best character was probably Hope because as a child he had to hang around with someone whom he thought had gotten his mother killed. You can't really judge VG people by their character, it's more by what they have to go through and how they handle it. Snow had no conflict, so he was boring. Sazh just complained about his son the ENTIRE game. I can't see how people liked him.

#40 Posted by voljin1987 (735 posts) -

Fran and Balthier.. oh sry you meant ff 13.. nobody then

#41 Posted by Pffrbt (6564 posts) -

@voljin1987 said:

Fran and Balthier.. oh sry you meant ff 13.. nobody then

Oh come now.