Who hasn't smashed his/her controller yet?

• 106 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gamengineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 gamengineer
Member since 2009 • 51 Posts
C'mon we all had times when we weren't able to clear some frustratingly difficult levels in some toughest video games. I smashed my snes controller while playing teenage mutant ninja turtles game when I wasn't able to get past something I don't remember and kept on dying forever. - Do you remember when did this happen with you and - with what game and - how many times? - Did you damage something?
LightR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 LightR
Member since 2009 • 17739 Posts

Ismashed a controller but put it back together with wood glue. Siaxis controllers are so fragile.

StealthMonkey4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 StealthMonkey4
Member since 2009 • 7434 Posts

I've actually never thrown my controller once as far as I can remember.8) i did crack my CoD: Finest Hour disc right in half though. :P

johndoh4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 johndoh4
Member since 2003 • 1743 Posts
If you ask me I'll just deny it...
Knuckln_Futz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 Knuckln_Futz
Member since 2004 • 12125 Posts
I used to last gen, but I had anger issues. Damn that SmackDown ShutYourMouth!
UT_Wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#6 UT_Wrestler
Member since 2004 • 16426 Posts
I think I once smashed an snes controller when I was at a particularly frustrating part of Donkey Kong Country 2.
MadVybz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 MadVybz
Member since 2009 • 2797 Posts

Every time I got close to smashing a controller, my brother or sister would walk in before I did so because 5 minutes of screaming and shouting would come first. xD

gamengineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 gamengineer

Every time I got close to smashing a controller, my brother or sister would walk in before I did so because 5 minutes of screaming and shouting would come first. xD

MadVybz
Lol...that's hilarious...I used to frown and make angry faces and was fuming with frustration. But no one was looking at me when I used to do that.
ALazyMonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#9 ALazyMonkey
Member since 2008 • 47 Posts

Broke my headset when playing Red Faction: Guerrilla. Broke PS2 controller when playing Grand Theft Auto 3. Smashed GameCube controller when playing another game remember which one, that is about it. I hate when games have that one mission that is pretty much impossible. I almost broke my 360 controller when playing Braid.

fkbwii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 fkbwii
Member since 2006 • 2392 Posts

I have never broken any controller but I have broken a Gamecube by playing it 50 hours a week for 2 weeks straight. Luckily I still had the warranty.

Apocalypse324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 Apocalypse324
Member since 2007 • 1486 Posts

If you ask me I'll just deny it...johndoh4
Same, all 32 controllers that have lost their lives in (and then out)ofmyhandsIve had nothing to do with

PetJel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 PetJel
Member since 2009 • 3725 Posts

Quoting myself from another topic..

I never bit my controllers but I have destroyed at least 4 Playstation controllers, 1 pc gamepad, 3 keyboards and 3 pc mouses by throwing them against the ground, wall or breaking them on my knee. :evil:

PetJel

CrashMan09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 CrashMan09
Member since 2009 • 261 Posts

I like to think that I have a reasonable amount of self-control, so I can honestly say that I've never thrown a childish temper tantrum and broken a controller.

X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
I used to toss them because i picked it up from my brother, then i realized how dumb it would be having to buy another controller when we were already poor. It's just a game, if you're that frustrated you should do something else. My cousin once threw the wiimote at our plasma, good thing nothing happened and good thing i got rid of the Wii, my bro still does it occasionally and since it's my PS3 i tell him to GTFO or buy me a DS3 since i have the original Sixaxis :P
treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts

I have not destroyed a controller ever, but I have abused them a bit :P It's just that the controllers I have abused weren't very fragile (Xbox, Dreamcast Astropads, Gamecube).

It's nice when the controller can get it's ass kicked, and then play some more games :)

jazznate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 jazznate
Member since 2008 • 1202 Posts

I did when I was a kid, not anymore. I do come close every time I fight Seth in SFIV in the arcade mode, guy is such a *****. I cringe everytime I think of that bloody piledriver he always destroys me with.

crazymonkey092

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 crazymonkey092
Member since 2005 • 974 Posts
Ive never broken a controller becuase I was mad or anything, actually, the worst i do is grip it tighter if im getting a little frustrated. But I also have a problem pressing too hard when in tense moments, which sometimes causes the controller or keyboard to wear out faster than it should. Its not from anger, just one of the things i do when playing games that are fast paced.
TheKingOfTacos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 TheKingOfTacos
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Three words: Mario Kart Wii.

I threw my WiiMote at the wall and only the Remote broke, but not the WiiWheel. And now theres a crack in my wall.

Anthony01355

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Anthony01355
Member since 2006 • 1486 Posts

I never brake something because I'm angry over a video game, I respect my property and the property of others. I do want to use it again after all. Someone has to lose for someone to win so it doesn't get to me.

I did actually break something once when I was about 15. My friends and I were playing Halo 2 4v4 over system link. We got into a pointless argument over who was the better Halo player. He kept making an annoying remark that got so irritating I threw my Halo case at his face. It shattered on impact of his eye socket/ bridge of his nose. He was fine though and I gave him another case.

Amster_G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#20 Amster_G
Member since 2009 • 4329 Posts

To be honest, since the late 90's, starting with the PlayStation up until now I have gone through hundreds of dollars worth of controllers :oops:

eh-ut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 eh-ut
Member since 2009 • 563 Posts
I ever smashed my controller when i felt upset when i play video game, but right now i can control my emotion.
Sacif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#22 Sacif
Member since 2006 • 1830 Posts

Sorry no smashing here, when you are as good as I am you don't lose :P I kid, but seriously I don't think I have ever been that frustrated with a game to be able to slam a 60 dollar controller into something, I guess I just have more patience??

blackwingzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 117

#23 blackwingzero
Member since 2009 • 1683 Posts

I've never smashed may controlers against anything because when I start getting really pist at a game I just turnthe gameoff and play something else for a while. However I've gone through a couple of controllers for both PS2 and Xbox for some reason. Either because I my hands sweat alot at timesor something acts up in the internal components.:(

Travo_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Travo_basic
Member since 2003 • 38751 Posts

I've never smashed a controller. I guess I have a little self control. :|

sirkibble2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 sirkibble2
Member since 2005 • 981 Posts
I've thrown my controller at most. Worst damage I've had so far is a smashed L button on my 360 controller which still moderately works. All my other controllers have been fine.
gamengineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 gamengineer

Quoting myself from another topic..

[QUOTE="PetJel"]

I never bit my controllers but I have destroyed at least 4 Playstation controllers, 1 pc gamepad, 3 keyboards and 3 pc mouses by throwing them against the ground, wall or breaking them on my knee. :evil:

PetJel

I am not ready to believe a girl can be so very violent! You need to be a game character...and I'd love to play that game...:-)
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#27 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

I've never smashed a controller or broken anything while gaming. I express my anger at a game through language, not physical abuse. :P

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#28 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
I've never actually smashed a controller, I take my anger out on other things instead.
treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts

I've never actually smashed a controller, I take my anger out on other things instead.Floppy_Jim

Poor Rufus.

He was a good dog :(

Gammit10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 119

User Lists: 2

#30 Gammit10
Member since 2004 • 2397 Posts
I came in here to say that I've never done it, but then I remember that one time when I was depressed, I chucked a 360 controller across the room. :(
Avatar image for VigilanteArtist
VigilanteArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 VigilanteArtist
Member since 2004 • 699 Posts

If a game frustrates me to the point of even considering smashing a controller, I take the disc out of the console and play something else. I don't find self-punishment to be very entertaining. I also play games for story more than the challenge, which is why I like single-player RPGs. I like challenges that can be overcome using intelligence (like puzzles), but trial-and-error/luck/having to memorize fights and that kind of thing really bores me.

firedonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 firedonut
Member since 2007 • 390 Posts

I smashed a roach crawling on the wall with my NES Zapper and it broke in half. Does that count?

King9999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#33 King9999
Member since 2002 • 11837 Posts

I never smash my controller. Too expensive.

Maybe they need to make foam controllers or something.

PJ24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 PJ24
Member since 2005 • 3816 Posts
Never smashed a controller. I prefer to let out gamer rage slaming my controller on my bed...you can save a lot of money by doing that :P
McManus107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 McManus107
Member since 2008 • 6356 Posts
Nope
Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts
I've never smashed a single controller in my entire life, No lie. Whenever I get really frustrated I either pause the game or turn it off and take some time to cool down. Destroying a controller won't help.
gamengineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 gamengineer

Sorry no smashing here, when you are as good as I am you don't lose :P I kid, but seriously I don't think I have ever been that frustrated with a game to be able to slam a 60 dollar controller into something, I guess I just have more patience??

Sacif
Yea, even I understand that. But I used to throw my controller when I was playing NES way back when I was a kid and those controllers never cost me a fortune. But now, even if I feel frustrated, I throw it on my sofa or bed where I am sitting..lol!
ZenesisX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#38 ZenesisX
Member since 2008 • 1651 Posts

I have never broken any of my controllers, i dont usually let games get to me in such a way.

homieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 homieboy
Member since 2004 • 3279 Posts
I never really broke any of my controllers , However , my Brother on the other hand breaks them all :(
Letmekilluplz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Letmekilluplz
Member since 2009 • 184 Posts

I threw my Rockband drumstick through a wall when playing ace of spades on hard.

Ismashed a controller but put it back together with wood glue. Siaxis controllers are so fragile.

LightR

So true... So true

Presea33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Presea33
Member since 2007 • 84 Posts

I don't believe I've ever broken a controller. Can't say the same for my Dad though.

I've been really frustrated before but I guess it's never gotten to that point.

Letmekilluplz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Letmekilluplz
Member since 2009 • 184 Posts

Three words: Mario Kart Wii.

I threw my WiiMote at the wall and only the Remote broke, but not the WiiWheel. And now theres a crack in my wall.

TheKingOfTacos

How can you get mad at mario cart?!?! It is like the worlds most casual game

jshaas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 jshaas
Member since 2003 • 2411 Posts
Breaking controllers was a favorite pastime of mine... until I had to start buying them. My most fond memory is when I was playing SFII on the SNES, and I took the controller lasso style over my head by the cord and then slammed it into the floor. It broke in a million pieces... literally. PS2 controllers turned out to be pretty durable... I broke one or two of them. But now at $55 I won't dare handle one that may compromise the integrity of the controller... that's money better spent on a new game.
Im_single

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Im_single
Member since 2008 • 5134 Posts
Never, I cherish what I own.
pulica_muistul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#45 pulica_muistul
Member since 2005 • 404 Posts

Smashed the controller on my old Xbox playing Ninja Gaiden Black then smashed another 360 controller while playing Ninja Gaiden 2 and I came very very close to smashing my third one 2 days ago while playing Burnout Paradise but I just banged it real hard on my forehead. F*** 'em, they're quite cheap used.

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts
I only smashed it once in my entire life playing games. It cracked but the controller didn't break.
CJL182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 CJL182
Member since 2003 • 9233 Posts

I've gotten frustrated just like everyone else, but I've never smashed or broken a controller in 20 years of playing games lol. They're too damn expensive and I usually take it out on the couch's arm or just swear like hell lol.

-Fromage-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 -Fromage-
Member since 2009 • 10572 Posts
I've never smashed or broken a controller. There have been times when I got angry and wanted to throw the controller, but never have.
HitomiChan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 HitomiChan
Member since 2009 • 15305 Posts

i came so close to throwing my controller on the ground when i died the 5th time in the last boss battle in Ninja Gaiden 2.. :evil:

Avatar image for deactivated-6016f2513d412
deactivated-6016f2513d412

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-6016f2513d412
Member since 2007 • 20414 Posts
I've come close before, but I haven't quite gotten angry enough to destroy my controllers.