Which Splinter cell do I go for next??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bakybobs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 bakybobs
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

Hi there,I am on the verge of completing Blacklist.I bought it after having it reccomended to me by someone on here....Brilliant game,really loved it!!! Question is which other splinter cell games are worth a look?P.S I have only played Blacklist so far,in the series.Cheers.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

Blacklist is one of my favorite games from last-gen, I would suggest Conviction but it's an xbox exclusive.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

Conviction is the only other one that is similar to Blacklist. The other games are much slower paced.

Avatar image for battleslayer666
Battleslayer666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Battleslayer666

Go back to the beginning and play the best Splinter Cells (1 to 3), I am currently in the jungle on the Indonesia level on Pandora Tomorrow on Hard, can't wait to redo Chaos Theory :)

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

Conviction its great game

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 55821 Posts

I say try Conviction since that game almost felt like I was playing one of those Bourne movies which is good cause I like all the Bourne movies.

On that note on Splinter Cell, I wish Ubisoft would do all Splinter Cell games remastered, just like the MCC.

veggie530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#7 veggie530
Member since 2003 • 2878 Posts

All of them.

Splinter Cell
Pandora Tomorrow
Chaos Theory
Double Agent
Conviction

Go forth and experience gaming history, lol

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

None of them.

I also just got blacklist Recently..... I've played Pandora Tomorrow and the Tuturial for Chaos Theory..... and half of Double Agent.... and honestly.... Blacklist is just so good that theres no reason to go backwards.

I reccomend Hitman Absolution instead.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Lulu_Lulu

@davillain-:

Sam Fisher Collection....... I'd buy that.

ice_ranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ice_ranger
Member since 2013 • 125 Posts

@MarcRecon said:

Blacklist is one of my favorite games from last-gen, I would suggest Conviction but it's an xbox exclusive.

I played Conviction on PC it's not Xbox exclusive.

Though, you should really go for conviction its a really great game, and then go for every one of splinter cell games they were all great.

nycteris91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By nycteris91
Member since 2015 • 27 Posts

Blacklist is the natural evolution of Splinter Cell: Conviction. In addition I would recommend Chaos Theory, my favourite game on the franchise.

I am looking forward to an open world Splinter Cell game with the mechanics of Blacklist. It could be amazing.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#12 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

@ice_ranger said:

@MarcRecon said:

I played Conviction on PC it's not Xbox exclusive.

Though, you should really go for conviction its a really great game, and then go for every one of splinter cell games they were all great.

Thanks for the correction :)

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Lulu_Lulu

@nycteris91:

Depends.... Ground Zeroes was suppose to be that game but the Level Design left many of the games already few mechanics under utilized...... But maybe Ubisoft can do better.

nycteris91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 nycteris91
Member since 2015 • 27 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu:

I agree with you. I was thinking about Ground Zeroes and the future Phantom Pain.

Ground Zeroes was excellent, but some mechanics where archaic. Splinter Cell: Blacklist is more vertical than Ground Zeroes. In SC we can climb up some buildings to take advantage from it and infiltrate better. In Ground Zeroes these mechanics where underused. I hope Phantom Pain will solve these problems.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Lulu_Lulu

@nycteris91:

The Phantom Pain is definitely going to deliver.... I have no doubt about it.... :)

If only it had Co-Op... :(

bakybobs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 bakybobs

Some great feedback there,thanks! I should have mentioned I only own a PS3.Might have a look into the hitman game lulu.On the subject did anyone find Blacklist a bit short,that would be my ONLY criticism of a wonderful game.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Lulu_Lulu

@bakybobs:

Nope.... twas quite lengthy.... the 360 version is Double Disk..... and I'm playing it on Rookie..... and will immediately play it again when I'm done.......

Then I shall move on to President Evil Revelations 2..... for obvious reasons.

Fire_Wa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#18  Edited By Fire_Wa11
Member since 2008 • 600 Posts

Great post. I never thought to pick up a Splinter Cell game but prolly should. I like Deus EX: HR and imagine it borrows from Splinter Cell some (unless I am confusing its influences.)

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Lulu_Lulu

@Fire_Wa11:

Every Deus Ex Fan I've encountered has never put any other game above it.... I should play it one day and see what all the fuss is about.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10332 Posts

op chaos theory is by far the best in the series and is up there with the early thief games as one of the best stealth games of all time. seeing as though it's not long since turned 10 it should run really well on any remotely decent pc or you could pick up a ps2 copy and play it on the ps3? might want to research if it's compatible first though.

i personally thought blacklist was rubbish but i'm not a fan of any modern ubisoft games

Fire_Wa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Fire_Wa11

@Lulu_Lulu: I need to clarify then that Deus Ex: HR or Deus Ex: Human Revolution is NOT Deus Ex. I've never played the latter though, yes, it is raved about.

DXHR uses it as inspiration more for the moment to moment tactics rather than a revamp of its many avenues toward quest completion. I have to make that disclaimer before the purists come out of the woodwork to potentially skewer you and me.

Part of what made Deus Ex: HR a joy to play for me, ironically, was how little hype it got. My expectations were low. When I saw that you could actually do things in the advertisement -- augmenting your body on the fly to suit the situation, I was all, "Wooooooahhhhh. That's totally cool."

Thus, there is something to be said then for not hyping the daylights out of everything...and this is coming from a former PR guy.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Lulu_Lulu

@Macutchi:

You Monster ! :(

Okay seriously... what was wrong with Blacklist Though..... other than the god awful coversystem and how you had to point at context sensitive actions in order to activate them....

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Lulu_Lulu

@Fire_Wa11:

Yeah.... thats the one I meant......

so that means you're immune to hype right ? Its kinda like a super power.

Fire_Wa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Fire_Wa11

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@Fire_Wa11:

so that means you're immune to hype right ? Its kinda like a super power.

No, not really. I was a bit crushed by SWTOR and Champions-Online if that makes you feel any better. ; )

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Macutchi

@Lulu_Lulu where to begin? ;)

first of all the characters. i don't think i've seen a bigger bunch of cliches in a game, and without ironside sam is just another generic protagonist.

then there's the gameplay. this is off the top of my head so correct me if any of this is wrong but i remember lots of fundamental sc stuff missing like not being able to pull people over balconies, no recollecting sticky cams, no binoculars, no map, not being able to disable mines, no grabbing an enemy and interrogating them for useful intel etc. i was hoping they'd expand the stealth aspects, not further streamline them. in my eyes, in a game like sc, the more variation / options i have to get through the level the better (don't forget in previous games we used to have things like remote hacking with the goggles, multiple goggle vision modes, a pistol with an emp on it to temporarily knock out lights etc.). i would've liked to have seen more stuff like that to encourage more tactical gameplay.

i also vaguely remember being annoyed you had to pay for your own equipment like sonar goggles AND had to pay to equip the third echelon plane with stuff (the us government are so cheap lol). then there was stuff like those forced action sequences where you have no choice but to kill waves and waves of enemies, those practically invincible heavily armoured guys that no stealth weapons can kill and the general funnelled from one set piece to another level design. not to say that there weren't some enjoyable moments but i guess overall it was the fundamental switch from being a pure stealth game to an action / stealth hybrid that i didn't care for.

it has been quite a while since i last played it so can't guarantee that all of that is entirely accurate ;) but imo games like dishonored, hitman absolution and ground zeroes have done stealth far better in recent years

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Lulu_Lulu

@Fire_Wa11:

It does... so much better. ;)

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Lulu_Lulu

@Macutchi:

Yeah that sounds just about Right......

also one thing that bothered me was you couldn't hide bodies as effectivrly as you could in Absolution.....

But hey...... Co-Op makes up for all of it. ;)

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Macutchi

@Lulu_Lulu: yeah not enough games do local co-op so credit to ubi for that at least. and i'm almost certain you couldn't even hide bodies in conviction so at least they fixed that too ;)

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Lulu_Lulu

@Macutchi: Blacklist sold less than conviction right ? Hope that doesn't send the wrong message.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Macutchi

@Lulu_Lulu: not sure tbh. i do vaguely remember blacklist coming out a few weeks before gta v which may have hurt its sales?

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Lulu_Lulu

@Macutchi:

Hmmm..... I very uncertain future for the series indeed.