Which shooter do you plan on buying?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by ristactionjakso (5742 posts) -

Metro Last Light or Crysis 3?

Upon doing more research, I found that metro is a more linear game. I thought maybe it would be somewhat like a Crysis 1 meets Rage, but I was wrong. Linear shooters tend to be shorter too. But all in all, it still looks like a good game, not sure if it's worth $60.

Crysis 3 on the other hand, is said to be more open than Crysis 2. It supposedly has more guns, more powers, more stealth options ect. They even fixed the sprinting from #2, where sprinting ate up all energy and you were left to only walk once it was all gone. (but they still didn't add the ability to go prone a-holes)

Which shooter would you lay $60 down for?

#2 Posted by Amster_G (4290 posts) -

None. The only game I'm waiting for is Grand Theft Auto V. Technically you can shoot in it but it's not a 'shooter', I suppose.

#3 Posted by ShadowMoses900 (17081 posts) -

Neither of those. The only shooter I'm interested in is BioShock Infinite, but even then I'm not buying it this year. The only 2 games I'm gonna buy are The Last of Us and Grand Theft Auto 5, those are the only 2 games I need for the rest of the year really.

#4 Posted by PumpkinBoogie (3366 posts) -

Neither.....those bore me.

#5 Posted by mrsniper83 (1552 posts) -
None of those....Im waiting for Bioshock and Dead Space 3
#6 Posted by LoG-Sacrament (20397 posts) -
the only upcoming shooters that are on my radar for now are bioshock infinite and dust 514. still, i might wait a while for bioshock and who knows when dust will see its main release.
#7 Posted by Bigboi500 (30090 posts) -

Metro and Bioshock should provide me with enough eff pee esses to last all year.

#8 Posted by c_rakestraw (14721 posts) -

Of those two, I might check out Metro. Hear good things about it. I was done with Crysis after the first one and have no desire to ever continue playing them, so unless I end up getting stuck reviewing it, I ain't touching it.

Otherwise, no shooter has captured my attention just yet.

#9 Posted by SoNin360 (5505 posts) -
I still have some interest in both games, but more so with Metro, though I havn't played the first one. Not sure how much I really want to play another Crysis game, even though I found the first 2 to be pretty good. I don't think I'll end up purchasing either one, but I will play them. BioShock Infinite is my most anticipated shooter this year anyway.
#10 Posted by Archangel3371 (15746 posts) -
Out of those two I'm definitely getting Crysis 3. Also getting Gears of War Judgement, Bioshock Infinite, Dead Space 3, and Modern Warfare 4.
#11 Posted by HipHopBeats (2904 posts) -

Most likely Bioshock Infinite. That 15 minute gameplay blew me away.

#12 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (6235 posts) -

Upon doing more research, I found that metro is a more linear game. I thought maybe it would be somewhat like a Crysis 1 meets Rage, but I was wrong. Linear shooters tend to be shorter too. But all in all, it still looks like a good game, not sure if it's worth $60.

Crysis 3 on the other hand, is said to be more open than Crysis 2. It supposedly has more guns, more powers, more stealth options ect. They even fixed the sprinting from #2, where sprinting ate up all energy and you were left to only walk once it was all gone. (but they still didn't add the ability to go prone a-holes)

ristactionjakso
I will end up getting both but the main shooter on my radar is Bioshock Infinite.
#13 Posted by SaudiFury (8707 posts) -

if i had strong income i would get:

Crysis 3, Metro Last Light, Last of Us, Grand Theft Auto V, Bioshock Infinite, Tomb Raider.

Given that i do not. it's just for sure going to be Bioshock Infinite, and Last of Us,

then Tomb Raider and GTA V.

but i will likely eventually get all of those. Given that I love Sci Fi, post apocolypse, and 'survival' settings. I also love what Irrational is doing with Infinite, and i know i'm gonna have a blast and a laugh with GTA V.

Can't wait to hear the nonsense on the radio in GTA V alone.

#14 Posted by SaudiFury (8707 posts) -

Of those two, I might check out Metro. Hear good things about it. I was done with Crysis after the first one and have no desire to ever continue playing them, so unless I end up getting stuck reviewing it, I ain't touching it.

Otherwise, no shooter has captured my attention just yet.

c_rake

get stuck reviewing it? you work for Gamespot?

#15 Posted by c_rakestraw (14721 posts) -

get stuck reviewing it? you work for Gamespot?SaudiFury

I wish!

Nah, I write for a couple of small, unknown sites. I usually get whatever no one else steps up to review.

#16 Posted by whiskeystrike (12068 posts) -

Bioshock Infinite, Metro Last Light and Crysis 3. None at 60 tho. Probably wait until 2013 Winter sales

#17 Posted by sukraj (23060 posts) -

Metro Last Night

#18 Posted by Vickman178 (1035 posts) -

I might get that new Aliens games for Wii U and maybe Bioshock Infinite, neither of those though they both look incredibly boring.

#19 Posted by ristactionjakso (5742 posts) -

Ya, I should have put Bioshock in the post too.

But im just stuck between Crysis 3 or Metro. Metro looks awesome, has the post apocalypse feeling-love that atmosphere. But it is linear. I don't know exactly how the game is going to function.

Crysis 3 on the other hand, looks 10x better than Crysis 2. I know what to expect. I liked Crysis 1, hated 2, but Crysis 3 looks more like Crysis 1 but a upgraded version.

#20 Posted by PetJel (3723 posts) -
I'm not really excited for either, but I'm always open for change, so I'm still looking forward to the reviews to see what the games have to offer. If it's good I'll probably buy it and play it at some point.
#21 Posted by WhiteKnight77 (12018 posts) -
Neither of those aforementioned games. The only FPS I am waiting on is Ground Branch.
#22 Posted by CreatureRising (1531 posts) -

Neither, only shooter I can think of thats coming out soon that I will be picking up is Aliens Colonial Marines.

#23 Posted by Riadon2 (1609 posts) -

Both.

#24 Posted by coasterguy65 (6028 posts) -

Neither. I still haven't finished Metro 2033, nor Crysis 2. The only shooters I plan on buying in 2013 are Bioshock, and Gears.

#25 Posted by PublicNuisance (4582 posts) -

ristactionjakso

I won't be buying either at launch. Metro 2033 had such bad FOV that it hurt my eyes and Crysis 3 looks like Call of Crysis 3. I will wait until others have played them to see if they satisfy my needs before laying down a cent for them.

#26 Posted by MentatAssassin (3007 posts) -

Neither, only shooter I can think of thats coming out soon that I will be picking up is Aliens Colonial Marines.

CreatureRising

This, and only if it proves to be outstanding.