Which mainstream title will you choose?

Edited 30 days, 19 hours ago

Poll: Which mainstream title will you choose? (39 votes)

Fifa 21%
Assassin's Creed 64%
NHL 0%
Call of Duty 15%

First of all let me define the 'mainstream' in this poll. Mainstream is every game which is :

1) A yearly title
2) Popular
3) Feels recycled
4) Attracts casuals, normally
5) Sells like hot cakes even with being a recycled one.

Now, which mainstream title are you going to choose or which mainstream title is the best in your opinion of course. Which mainstream titles appeals you the most?

^These are the questions. Note that I'm only including games which has all those above five points in them. For me, it'll probably be Ass Creed. It's yearly, recycled and everything but compared to it's counterpart in this category, it's the one which perhaps doesn't feel as recycled as them. Every year it has a new (sometimes decent) story, some new things and a few other factors which make me choose this over the others.

So, what will be your choice? choose and comment.

PS. before you bash on me for creating such an uninteresting poll let me tell you I've nothing better to do and also this board was going pretty dry so I thought I might dry it up a little more.

#1 Posted by Archangel3371 (15184 posts) -

Call of Duty is my favourite although I really enjoy Assassin's Creed and NHL as well and will purchase those games too. I'm not much into soccer at all. These games don't really feel recycled to me though.

#2 Posted by Jeager_Titan (945 posts) -

Ass Creed

And the spammers are ruining the games discussion thread.

#3 Posted by johnd13 (7821 posts) -

I've had my fair share of Fifas(owned them 2001-2011), never cared for NHL and barely played any COD so I'll go with Assasin's Creed. I haven't played much of this franchise either but I consider it a lot more interesting.

#4 Posted by geniobastardo (975 posts) -

Ass Creed

And the spammers are ruining the games discussion thread.

"Gamespot is the best community"
*clicks the thread*
wtf??

These spammers need to die.

#5 Posted by ShepardCommandr (2159 posts) -

None.

They all suck just as hard.

#6 Posted by harry_james_pot (10170 posts) -

Probably Assassin's Creed. Unlike the last two, this one actually seems interesting.

#7 Posted by thehig1 (918 posts) -

Fifa, I buy it every year and I hate it, but I love Football.

#8 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (5502 posts) -

Out of that list, easily AC.

#9 Posted by Cloud_imperium (1877 posts) -

Assassin's Creed

#10 Posted by Solarplex (52 posts) -

Well the list was limited, Huge Fan of ACIII & Black Flag though!

#11 Posted by vicky_john1 (50 posts) -

Probably Fifa and Assassin's creed

#13 Posted by Behardy24 (2374 posts) -

Assassin's Creed.

#14 Edited by sukraj (21660 posts) -
#15 Posted by geniobastardo (975 posts) -

Well the list was limited, Huge Fan of ACIII & Black Flag though!

I tried to keep it just to the 'mainstream' category (I've explained it above).

#16 Posted by usaking976127 (22 posts) -

I hate all of those games, especially Call of Duty, but if I had to choose one then it would probably be Assassin's Creed. But again, that's not saying very much since I dislike all of them.

#17 Posted by nechiken (93 posts) -

I voted CoD because I enjoyed Black Ops 1. I have no plans on buying another CoD game because they're all the same. Play one, play them all.

AC2 was fun for a while and AC Brotherhood got old real fast because it was the exact same shit with a tower defence mode.

I've always wanted to buy a fifa game because the multiplayer looks fun, but I"m completely turned off by the idea that I'll have to buy another copy the next year to keep up with the multiplayer community. This is the same reason why I don't want to buy another nba 2k game.

I don't care about the NHL and the few times I played NHL games I got annoyed because my friend kept tackling me. Felt wrong in a sports game.

#18 Edited by byof_america (1339 posts) -

Only one of those series I've gotten into was COD, but I think I'm finally turned off to the series after Ghosts. Guess I'll know if I'm really done with the game when I start seeing commercials and youtubers playing the game in November.

#19 Posted by EmpiresDownfall (44 posts) -

Unity looks like it's going to be very good. I didnt get around to playing Black Flag (I got bored of the series midway through revelations) but Unity has actually peaked my interest.

#20 Edited by marcheegsr (2434 posts) -

I always get Fifa every year. Football is my life.

#21 Posted by sukraj (21660 posts) -

I always get Fifa every year. Football is my life.

r u getting PES

#22 Posted by HailtotheQueen (156 posts) -

None of the above....

#23 Posted by Flubbbs (2840 posts) -

i dont play any of those games

#24 Posted by elkoldo (937 posts) -

Out of these franchises ,I have only bought Call of Duty 2:Big Red One back in 2005.Never played Fifa or NHL ,and only seen my brother play AC.

#25 Edited by thereal25 (304 posts) -

Not interested in any of those titles.

#26 Edited by Black_Knight_00 (18097 posts) -

Where's Battlefield?

#27 Posted by geniobastardo (975 posts) -

Where's Battlefield?

Battlefield isn't a yearly title. Neither it's as mainstream as the above.

#28 Posted by Senor_Kami (8272 posts) -

@geniobastardo: Battlefield 3 sold like 16 million units. It's definitely mainstream.

#29 Posted by geniobastardo (975 posts) -

@geniobastardo: Battlefield 3 sold like 16 million units. It's definitely mainstream.

but it's not yearly and doesn't feel as recycled a the above games. Read the OP.

#30 Posted by Mercuria1_King (274 posts) -

Fifa

#31 Posted by faizanhd (121 posts) -

Fifa.

Even though I don't play it and have never bought one, I love the competitive nature of it. Plus it brings lots of people together.

It's also the only game where one of my countrymen have a championship at WCG.

#32 Posted by Mesomorphin (752 posts) -

AC for sure, with that said though the new Call of duty looks pretty good! reminds me alot of crysis, which is never a bad thing IMO

#33 Edited by geniobastardo (975 posts) -

AC for sure, with that said though the new Call of duty looks pretty good! reminds me alot of crysis, which is never a bad thing IMO

haha if only it can be as good as Crysis.

#34 Posted by sukraj (21660 posts) -

@Flubbbs said:

i dont play any of those games

why not

#35 Posted by Mesomorphin (752 posts) -

@mesomorphin said:

haha if only it can be as good as Crysis.

Time will tell ;)

#36 Posted by Star0 (395 posts) -

Another great poll.

I won't be getting any of those.

I love football, but if I want to play it I'll go to the park with some friends, not sit on my ass in front of a TV. That's...that's just sad.

#37 Edited by HipHopBeats (2855 posts) -

@thereal25 said:

Not interested in any of those titles.

This. I'm waiting for Phantom Pain, Dragon Age, The Witcher 3, Middle Earth and The Evil Within.

Like I said before Ubisoft equals quantity over quality, so any game I get from them would definitely be a bargain bin pick up.

#38 Edited by Senor_Kami (8272 posts) -

@geniobastardo: It's bi-annual, seemingly now annualized and it launches with the same busted and broken multiplayer every time it comes out.

#39 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (8665 posts) -

Why it that Quality never goes mainstream ? :(

#40 Posted by mastermetal777 (583 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu: it often does. Your standards are just too high apparently.

#41 Posted by geniobastardo (975 posts) -

Why it that Quality never goes mainstream ? :(

because mainstream needs to cater the needs of a larger consumer base i suppose. So, it's always quantity over quality. But sometimes there is quality, like AC4 was a complete surprise.

#42 Edited by geniobastardo (975 posts) -

@geniobastardo: It's bi-annual, seemingly now annualized and it launches with the same busted and broken multiplayer every time it comes out.

well it may become mainstream after Hardline but so far, it's 'close' to being a mainstream.

#43 Posted by heguain (356 posts) -

I can't believe there's actually people who voted for Fifa and CoD :O

AC2, nuff said.

#44 Posted by sukraj (21660 posts) -

@heguain said:

I can't believe there's actually people who voted for Fifa and CoD :O

AC2, nuff said.

nuff is nuff ACU for me too

#45 Posted by Bigboi500 (28814 posts) -

Maybe Ass Creed if I have time for it.

#46 Edited by speedfreak48t5p (6261 posts) -