Which handheld Zelda is your favorite?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by turtlethetaffer (16756 posts) -

Topic title. Which handheld Zelda is your favorite? For me, it's a tie between Link's Awakening and Oracle of Ages. Both are fantastic in every sense of the word and have great levels, stories, graphics, music, etc. I can't really decide between the two of them. Which is your favorite?

#2 Posted by NaveedLife (17179 posts) -

Not counting ALTTP (since it was a port)?

Oracle of Seasons/Ages

#3 Posted by Pikminmaniac (8951 posts) -

The Oracle games for sure.

#4 Posted by gameboy343 (1024 posts) -

minish cap was the stuff.

#5 Posted by NaveedLife (17179 posts) -

gameboy343

Great game, but oracles take it :P

1. Oracle of Seasons
  2. Oracle of Ages
  3. Minish Cap
  4. Link's Awakening
  5. Phantom Hourglass

Have not played ST yet.

#6 Posted by DealRogers (4568 posts) -

Link's Awakening.

#7 Posted by NoirLamia777 (2158 posts) -

I really enjoyed Minish Cap.

#8 Posted by SonOfChewbacca (653 posts) -

Link's Awakening. It's also the best Zelda game of all time imo.

#9 Posted by turtlethetaffer (16756 posts) -

[QUOTE="gameboy343"]

NaveedLife

Great game, but oracles take it :P

1. Oracle of Seasons
  2. Oracle of Ages
  3. Minish Cap
  4. Link's Awakening
  5. Phantom Hourglass

Have not played ST yet.

You should play ST. It's better than PH in just about every way, despite the linear train segments.

#10 Posted by Emerald_Warrior (6581 posts) -

I have a soft-spot for The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening. I played the heck out of it. Then when I got the GBC version, I played it even more.

But The Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap on GBA tops it in every way, IMO. Nostalgia aside, it is the better game IMO.

#11 Posted by turtlethetaffer (16756 posts) -

I have a soft-spot for The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening. I played the heck out of it. Then when I got the GBC version, I played it even more.

But The Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap on GBA tops it in every way, IMO. Nostalgia aside, it is the better game IMO.

Emerald_Warrior

Not only that but it has some of the best (if not the best) production values on GBA. Graphics are so freaking detailed, and music sounds fantastic.

#12 Posted by Sphensen (755 posts) -

zelda

this one

#13 Posted by WhySoLimp (135 posts) -

Link's Awakening hands down.

#14 Posted by MAILER_DAEMON (45906 posts) -
Oracle of Ages. Nothing comes close, not even Link to the Past.
#15 Posted by Blabadon (26331 posts) -
I should play more handheld Zeldas (I bought PH and ST the other day) but MC was great though bogged down by some flaws. It's much better than the borefest that OoT 3D can be. If that game (the original) came out a few years later no way would it have gotten the scores it did. Playing MM at the moment and it's so much better.
#16 Posted by BigBen11111 (1528 posts) -

They are all good if you ask me, but the Minish Cap is my top favorite.

#17 Posted by fend_oblivion (6144 posts) -
Link's Awakening DX In the spoiler tag, I will be talking about the ending of the game so be warned. [spoiler] The story is what did it for me. Unlike the other games where Link is the hero, he's actually the villain in this game. If Link wakes the Wind Fish, the entire island and its inhabitants will disappear. I genuinely felt sorry for all the bosses that you fight, especially the last boss who actually begs Link to stop. [/spoiler] Amazing game.
#18 Posted by nameless12345 (15125 posts) -

Link's Awakening.

I also liked Oracle of Seasons and Minish Cap (Phantom Hourglass was nice too but I had some problems with controls).

#19 Posted by skooks (1411 posts) -

Minish Cap for sure.

#20 Posted by halo2_4_pc (1561 posts) -

The Oracle games for sure. I'm actually replaying Seasons now and enjoying it a lot.

#21 Posted by bobcheeseball (9307 posts) -
I've never played the Oracle games, so I'll just say Spirit Tracks
#22 Posted by Emerald_Warrior (6581 posts) -

I've never played the Oracle games, so I'll just say Spirit Tracksbobcheeseball

Wow. I didn't even expect to see that one as someone's choice. That's got to be, bar none, the absolute worst Zelda game I've EVER played. Granted, I have never played the CD-i Zelda game, though.

#23 Posted by conkertheking1 (835 posts) -

Link's Awakening is probably my favorite Zelda game. It had the best story IMO

#24 Posted by turtlethetaffer (16756 posts) -

[QUOTE="bobcheeseball"]I've never played the Oracle games, so I'll just say Spirit TracksEmerald_Warrior

Wow. I didn't even expect to see that one as someone's choice. That's got to be, bar none, the absolute worst Zelda game I've EVER played. Granted, I have never played the CD-i Zelda game, though.

What makes it the worst?

#25 Posted by Emerald_Warrior (6581 posts) -

[QUOTE="Emerald_Warrior"]

[QUOTE="bobcheeseball"]I've never played the Oracle games, so I'll just say Spirit Tracksturtlethetaffer

What makes it the worst?

Link is a freaking train-conductor! Who in the world thought that trains and riding around on tracks should be the main feature of a Zelda game?

#26 Posted by WiiCubeM1 (4728 posts) -

Link's Awakening.

It's actually my favorite Zelda in general. Everything about it is a masterpiece, from the darker storyline to the music.

#27 Posted by nameless12345 (15125 posts) -

Link's Awakening.

It's actually my favorite Zelda in general. Everything about it is a masterpiece, from the darker storyline to the music.

WiiCubeM1

The music was, indeed, epic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEw2X_uhY7c

#28 Posted by turtlethetaffer (16756 posts) -

[QUOTE="turtlethetaffer"]

Emerald_Warrior

What makes it the worst?

Link is a freaking train-conductor! Who in the world thought that trains and riding around on tracks should be the main feature of a Zelda game?

So one part of the game makes it the worst despite all of the various improvements over Phantom Hourglass?

#29 Posted by WiiCubeM1 (4728 posts) -

[QUOTE="WiiCubeM1"]

Link's Awakening.

nameless12345

The music was, indeed, epic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEw2X_uhY7c

This is what clinched it for me.

I was NOT expecting it to happen when I first entered ZELDA as my file name.

#30 Posted by kittensRjerks (3802 posts) -

Phantom Hourglass

#31 Posted by Blueresident87 (5339 posts) -

I would have to say Link's Awakening.

#32 Posted by TheSacredFlame (324 posts) -

I love Minish Cap and it's my favorite Zelda of all time.

#33 Posted by Emerald_Warrior (6581 posts) -

What makes it the worst?

turtlethetaffer

So one part of the game makes it the worst despite all of the various improvements over Phantom Hourglass?

It's more than just "one part of the game", it's a HUGE part of the game. It's like the main-hook. So yes, that one thing does make it the worst, IMO (not counting the CD-i titles, since I haven't played them). It's completely retarded as far as I'm concerned. It has nothing to do with Zelda games and is the farthest departure from the core series I've ever played. And you have masterpieces like Link's Awakening, The Minish Cap, and the Oracle games in comparison.

#34 Posted by WiiCubeM1 (4728 posts) -

Emerald_Warrior

It's more than just "one part of the game", it's a HUGE part of the game. It's like the main-hook. So yes, that one thing does make it the worst, IMO (not counting the CD-i titles, since I haven't played them). It's completely retarded as far as I'm concerned. It has nothing to do with Zelda games and is the farthest departure from the core series I've ever played. And you have masterpieces like Link's Awakening, The Minish Cap, and the Oracle games in comparison.

Besides aesthetic differences, is it really that much different from the sailing?

I really think people here are way too hard on the train.

#35 Posted by TheKungFool (5384 posts) -

I'm assuming all the ports do not count..... (zelda, zelda II and link to the past were all ported to GBA)

I'd say "Minish Cap" if the ports don't count