Where is everyone? Jbul jealous of Grammaton's large

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 0

#201 ZZoMBiE13
Member since 2002 • 22934 Posts

@c_rakestraw said:
@MirkoS77 said:
@c_rakestraw said:

The little arrows at the end of the thread title should take you the last read post. Takes a few seconds to work (I assume the 50 posts per page display is why it's slow to act), but it's been working for me so far.

I don't know why you keep saying this, it's untrue. Those arrows takes you to the last post of the thread, not the last read post. Big difference.

Are mods being asked to say this by the staff so everyone will eventually come to accept it as some huge improvement or something? I've seen two others do so so far. I'm not much for conspiracies, but man. The board navigation has gone down the gutter and is much worse than it was before. Thank God I have two monitors for all the tabs I keep open to help keep track of posts better.

That's what it's been doing for me. Wouldn't be pointing it out otherwise. No idea why it isn't working for you.

It's mostly working for me as well. Occasionally it'll be a post or two higher than the last one I actually read, but near as makes no difference.

juradai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#203 juradai
Member since 2003 • 2783 Posts

@ZZoMBiE13 said:

@c_rakestraw said:
@MirkoS77 said:
@c_rakestraw said:

The little arrows at the end of the thread title should take you the last read post. Takes a few seconds to work (I assume the 50 posts per page display is why it's slow to act), but it's been working for me so far.

I don't know why you keep saying this, it's untrue. Those arrows takes you to the last post of the thread, not the last read post. Big difference.

Are mods being asked to say this by the staff so everyone will eventually come to accept it as some huge improvement or something? I've seen two others do so so far. I'm not much for conspiracies, but man. The board navigation has gone down the gutter and is much worse than it was before. Thank God I have two monitors for all the tabs I keep open to help keep track of posts better.

That's what it's been doing for me. Wouldn't be pointing it out otherwise. No idea why it isn't working for you.

It's mostly working for me as well. Occasionally it'll be a post or two higher than the last one I actually read, but near as makes no difference.

My issue is that I look on these forums from three different devices. It gets a bit confusing and ultimately ends up being more work than necessary because each device caches a different post that I last viewed. I do miss the "(#)" icon that appeared in each thread listing which let me know all new posts since my last visit to the site. I'm not sure why they moved away from that.

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#204 c_rakestraw  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 14627 Posts
@juradai said:
@ZZoMBiE13 said:
@c_rakestraw said:
@MirkoS77 said:
@c_rakestraw said:

My issue is that I look on these forums from three different devices. It gets a bit confusing and ultimately ends up being more work than necessary because each device caches a different post that I last viewed. I do miss the "(#)" icon that appeared in each thread listing which let me know all new posts since my last visit to the site. I'm not sure why they moved away from that.

No idea. Don't see what was wrong with the old system. Far more elegant and useful. I know this is new forum software and all, but I don't see why they couldn't have reworked it to support that one feature.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#205  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

@c_rakestraw said:
@MirkoS77 said:
@c_rakestraw said:

Weird. Maybe it's now a mod only privilege although I can't see why it would now be.

chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#206 chrisrooR
Member since 2007 • 9027 Posts

I want the old site back.