When did shortages first effect you?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

basilbasil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 basilbasil
Member since 2006 • 1782 Posts
Have you ever been effected by the shortage of something on a shelf? Be it a game, a console, or something else game related, I'm sure we all have. When was the first time it hit you, did you do anything about it, and has it happened to you since? It's only happened to me once that I can remember. I preordered Mass Effect recently, and among all of the extras was supposed to be a mini guide. Pretty insignificant, I know, but I was still a bit miffed. I didn't even realise until GAME sent me an email, saying that they were supplied a fixed number of guides, and they couldn't give me one :(. I'm sure that most of the shortages you have experienced are much more significant, such as not getting a console on release day.
nopalversion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 nopalversion
Member since 2005 • 4757 Posts
Hmmm, no, never, come to think of it. I always preorder stuff, anyways, even if I'm pretty sure there's not going to be a problem.
Foolio1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#3 Foolio1
Member since 2003 • 7467 Posts
I went to buy a GameCube the January after it launched it found it very hard to find one. I checked numerous stores before actually getting a hold of one. Every other console I've bought I haven't had any trouble getting though. As for games, I just pre-order them since I'm going to buy them the day they are out anyways, so it's never really an issue.
OneWingedAngeI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 OneWingedAngeI
Member since 2003 • 9448 Posts
the ps3. i would have bought one at launch, but now i would have regretted it. way to blow a sale sony. i had a tiny but of trouble getting a 360, got lucky and found one a couple weeks after launch.
heyfunboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 heyfunboy
Member since 2005 • 667 Posts

It's basic economics:

Supply and Demand.

SemiMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 81

#6 SemiMaster
Member since 2006 • 19011 Posts

1.) GTA III was pretty hard to find for a while. In fact I didn't even know what it was until my conservative uncle to told me about it. I made it my mission to get it.

2.) I've had the PS2 and SNES since launch, and both of those almost resulted in me, or my parents getting into an altercation with the good people at what was previously EB Games. I was the only person on my college campus with a PS2 for the first few months.

3.) I didn't get a PS3 on launch... which I'm glad I didn't because the buy a bunch now, sell for 3 grand later scheme lasted literally 12 hours on Ebay.

4.) The Wii was sort of hard to find, but now they are everywhere still around me.

Now, outside of console launches, games are always in high amounts, stores overorder stuff, with the exception of some rarer games like Eternal Sonata, nothing has been too hard.