What's your RAREST game...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

User Lists: 0

#201 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

Post your game plus a link with some info / images and condition if possible, i look forward to seeing them!

Mines: Majora's Mask Adventure Set (No. 610 / 1000 - Factory Sealed)

link: http://www.zeldacollectorsmuseum.com/2009/10/zelda-majoras-mask-limited-edition.html

If anyones interested i can post actual pictures of mine :)

VICOUS_VERN

That is soo awesome... I'm jealous.

Anyways, probably Castlevania Double Pack. I was lucky enough to find it, and I got it. Still hav'nt beaten Harmony of Dissonance, yet. Also, I have a Majora's Mask strategy guide... I don't know if it's rare... and it's in awful condition. (Like that when I bought it.)

Avatar image for 19elderscroll86
19elderscroll86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#202 19elderscroll86
Member since 2011 • 751 Posts
I have what i think is a pretty rare collection of zelda games, not that i think the games are rare but i think having them all together is rare. I have- gameboy/color/advance links awakening links awakening dx seasons ages minish cap 64 ocarina of time gray and gold, both with original mirror shield gamecube wind waker twilight princess four swords adventures.
cronomagus36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#203 cronomagus36
Member since 2009 • 12663 Posts

I'm not entirely sure about the rarity of these games, so I'll just assume:

• EarthBound (SNES) - I only have the cartridge, though.
  • Psychonauts (Xbox) - I got it back in 2006, and even then it was rare. Actually one of my friends has it now, though, since my Xbox is broken.
  • The Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap (GBA) - There are other people posting here calling the game rare, and I have it, so yeah.
  • The Metroid Prime: Hunters demo that came with the original DS.
Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#204 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

I have what i think is a pretty rare collection of zelda games, not that i think the games are rare but i think having them all together is rare. I have- gameboy/color/advance links awakening links awakening dx seasons ages minish cap 64 ocarina of time gray and gold, both with original mirror shield gamecube wind waker twilight princess four swords adventures.19elderscroll86

You're missing several games from the series.

pills4louis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 pills4louis
Member since 2011 • 1331 Posts

Dicing Knight for the WonderSwan Color. Reportedly, there are only 200 or 300 copies in the world. Got mine for $70 back when it was new, it now goes for $380+ used.

ImBananas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#206 ImBananas
Member since 2009 • 1793 Posts

Metal Gear Solid The Twin Snakes for the GC

Jason20091
I had that but the game didn't work.
ImBananas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 ImBananas
Member since 2009 • 1793 Posts

Anyway, I have majora's mask gold cartridge, is that good?

Avatar image for 19elderscroll86
19elderscroll86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 19elderscroll86
Member since 2011 • 751 Posts

[QUOTE="19elderscroll86"]I have what i think is a pretty rare collection of zelda games, not that i think the games are rare but i think having them all together is rare. I have- gameboy/color/advance links awakening links awakening dx seasons ages minish cap 64 ocarina of time gray and gold, both with original mirror shield gamecube wind waker twilight princess four swords adventures.turtlethetaffer

You're missing several games from the series.

I know, i am not trying to have them all, i just noticed one day that i had all of those and thought wow thats a pretty good collection.
Punisher197

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#209 Punisher197
Member since 2008 • 68 Posts

Probably Einhander.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#210 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

ogre battle 64 - i got this for 6 bucks nearly 99 percent off what it sells for on ebay right now lol

another few old games that became rare i own , is final fantasy iv ./chrono trigger collection i got that for 2 bucks at pawn shop

and a recent game super mario all stars for the wii is quite rare , only 2 shipments were shipped out to stores in the usa

also driver paralel lines wii version is rarer then the ps2 xbox ones cause i only see it once in a big blue moon , probably due to slow sales ,they only got a few shipments of that version in stock

all the rugrat games are actually pretty darn rare to ,it took me years to find another copy of scavenger hunt and search for reptar and it was sealed for 30 bucks at the darn pawn shop i didnt wanna spend that much so i waited and found it for 10 used ,

SpikeyAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 SpikeyAss
Member since 2011 • 221 Posts
-Mr Bones -NTSC-U and PAL copy of FF7, FF8, FF9, FF10, FFOrigins, FFAnthology and a NTSC--U copy of FFChronicles (seeing as there was no PAL release for that game) -Strider 2 -Sin and Punishment N64 -MVC2 on Xbox, DC and PS2 -Every game in the Megaman X series -Paper Mario 64 -Silver and gold copy of the original Zelda I'm trying to find Panzer Dragoon Saga and Ogre Battle 64 for cheap....but that'll probably take a while.
Avatar image for narutosupernova
narutosupernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 narutosupernova
Member since 2011 • 22 Posts
Maybe Suikoden III
MrSaturn33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#213 MrSaturn33
Member since 2007 • 568 Posts

MOTHER 2 with everything for the Super Famicom. I also have Final Fantasy VII with everything, the original non-greatest hits version.

rubber-chicken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 rubber-chicken
Member since 2009 • 2081 Posts
Legend of Zelda Collector's Edition for GameCube
AtelierFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#215 AtelierFan
Member since 2006 • 1544 Posts
I think mine might be Intelligent Qube.
sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#216 sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 6195 Posts

Virtual Boy with box and original packaging + Mario Tennis, Red Alarm, Wario Land, Mario Clash, Teleroboxer

AtelierFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#217 AtelierFan
Member since 2006 • 1544 Posts

Virtual Boy with box and original packaging + Mario Tennis, Red Alarm, Wario Land, Mario Clash, Teleroboxer

sonic_spark
*clicks 'LIKE' button* The original 3DS!
Caseytappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 Caseytappy
Member since 2005 • 2199 Posts

I see lots of million sellers posted as rare here ;)

Stressthesky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 Stressthesky
Member since 2009 • 490 Posts

I don't really have any rare games, but I have some old games who are still sealed. Lots of Final Fantasy games, still sealed. And Bioshock collectors edition, still sealed. Plus more.

sayyy-gaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 sayyy-gaa
Member since 2002 • 5850 Posts

I'd have to say MvC2 and Project Justice for DC

Xmen v SF and Xmen:COTA for Saturn

SF Collection 1 and 2 on Playstation and Saturn

I don't know if they're rare but they are kinda expensive on ebay

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#221 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

PS1 Bobble Bobble featuring Rainbow Islands, Super Nintendo Mario RPG The Legend of the 7 Stars, PS2 Baulder's Gate Dark Alliance 2, PS3 (All of my PS3 games are not rare) PSP Lumines 1, Xbox 360 (All my Xbox 360 games are not rare)

MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

"Pinball of the Dead" for GBA, "Super Godzilla" for the SNES.

Avatar image for AtheistPreacher
AtheistPreacher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#223 AtheistPreacher
Member since 2002 • 1130 Posts

X-Com: The UFO Defense for PS1. There aren't that many copies out there, and if you find one it will cost you $70 minimum.

xDragonWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 xDragonWarrior
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Mine Would Be Mario's Time Machine For The Nes with original box
ozspark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 ozspark
Member since 2011 • 348 Posts

I really do not collect games.. but unintentionally I have Twilight Princess on GameCube which had a pretty limited and short run here in aus..

Avatar image for BreakTheseLinks
BreakTheseLinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 BreakTheseLinks
Member since 2005 • 2601 Posts
Factory sealed copy of Mega-Man X 3 for the SNES.
Hun_ger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 Hun_ger
Member since 2009 • 260 Posts

I have Goldeneye for the N64, Donkey Kong N64, and Super Mario RPG for the SNES.

Avatar image for SoftAsBaboonAss
SoftAsBaboonAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#228 SoftAsBaboonAss
Member since 2007 • 565 Posts

I think mine would be Resident Evil Code Veronica for the Gamecube (Mint) It's not THAT rare but its freaking expansive for a last gen game (around 50$ used and 90$-130$ new)

MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

I think mine would be Resident Evil Code Veronica for the Gamecube (Mint) It's not THAT rare but its freaking expansive for a last gen game (around 50$ used and 90$-130$ new)

SoftAsBaboonAss

Although I have no personal experience in the matter, I DO love your screen name!!!

:lol:

Also, happy as a pig in spit that I own "Code Veronica" for the 'cube, I never knew it was so expensive!!! Got mine out of the "Please Buy This" bin at a local re-sale shop for peanuts!!! $12.99us, I think it was... Hurray for disposable income (at the time)!

FortuneInLies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 FortuneInLies
Member since 2011 • 193 Posts
I have several sealed N64 games including Goldeneye and Mario 64.
Avatar image for Emerald_Warrior
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#232 Emerald_Warrior
Member since 2008 • 6581 Posts

[QUOTE="SoftAsBaboonAss"]

MonkeySpot

Although I have no personal experience in the matter, I DO love your screen name!!!

Also, happy as a pig in spit that I own "Code Veronica" for the 'cube, I never knew it was so expensive!!! Got mine out of the "Please Buy This" bin at a local re-sale shop for peanuts!!! $12.99us, I think it was... Hurray for disposable income (at the time)!

Holy cow! I did not know that. Why not just get the Dreamcast or PS2 version? It would nearly cost as much to buy a used Dreamcast or PS2 plus the game as it does for the Gamecube copy alone.

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#233 Darkman2007
Member since 2007 • 17926 Posts

[QUOTE="MonkeySpot"]

[QUOTE="SoftAsBaboonAss"]

Emerald_Warrior

Holy cow! I did not know that. Why not just get the Dreamcast or PS2 version? It would nearly cost as much to buy a used Dreamcast or PS2 plus the game as it does for the Gamecube copy alone.

collector's purposes I guess. I personally own the Dreamcast version , which is better in most ways then the PS2 version believe it or not (mainly due to the smoother graphics and VGA support), the PS2 does have the extra effects though.
jd7904

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#234 jd7904
Member since 2004 • 101 Posts

I don't no that any of my games are particularly rare but the ones I believe tob the most rare of my collection are...

MGS twin snakes- gamecube

Ikaruga- Gamecube

Skies of Arcadia- dreamcast and gamecube

evo- snes

gunstar heroes- genesis

sega ages virtua fighter 2- ps2 japan (probably not that rare but hard to come by in U.S. and best home version)

christmas nights- saturn

powerstone- dreamcast

a bunch of dreamcast magazine sampler disks

an xbox 360 that still works.... just kidding on that one

kyuss015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#235 kyuss015
Member since 2006 • 293 Posts

hmm.. You guys have some cool stuff.

Not sure I have some Rare things but i have some popular stuff:

Phantasy Star IV Boxed and complete

Kirby's Dream Land 3

Persona 2

I have others, but theres a line between being rare and being expensive. I wouldnt want to list Earthbound, for example, because it wasn't really rare, just got popular and therefore expensive.

x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#236 x-2tha-z
Member since 2003 • 8994 Posts
Why isn't anyone posting pictures of their rare games? It must be one or a combination of these reasons 1. You're too lazy 2. You don't own a digital camera or camera phone 3. You're lying and you don't actually own these games Which is it?
Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 Darkman2007
[QUOTE="x-2tha-z"]Why isn't anyone posting pictures of their rare games? It must be one or a combination of these reasons 1. You're too lazy 2. You don't own a digital camera or camera phone 3. You're lying and you don't actually own these games Which is it?

you want pictures of some my rare games? sure , I will post pictures of some rare games I own soon, after I finish some chores around here. won't change much though. so where is your picture then? :P
ksire_68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 ksire_68
Member since 2007 • 1211 Posts

Shadow Hearts. Took FOREVER to get a copy of this as I was reluctant to buy it online.

Also have a copy of Rez somewhere in my room, though I can only find the case.... The Disc must be buried under the pile of junk in my closet...

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 Darkman2007

since someone wanted pictures to prove we have these games, and Im not one to ignore insults and accusations , here are some of the rare games I own.

while some Americans might say the Lunar games are not too rare, they are for me since they were never released here, so its hard to find copies locally, and when you do , its very expensive (Ive seen Lunar 2 go for £80), and importing can be just as expensive.

and here are some games I own which are also quite rare, or at least somewhat expensive and/or hard to find.

Grandia and Shenmue 2 scrape the list because while they are not too rare, they are somewhat expensive considering they are not too rare.

and yes that is Saturn Street Fighter Zero/Alpha 3 there as well as Saturn Castlevania Symphony of The Night,

I could show quite a few more rare/somewhat rare games, but Ill leave it for now

seriously, there is no pleasing some people :P

x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 x-2tha-z
so where is your picture then? :PDarkman2007
My pictures are on page 7.
Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 Darkman2007

not bad at all , I have to say.

here are a few more games, though some are more interesting then rare.

included here is the Limited Edition of Saturn Policenauts that has that artbook included in it.

Also Savaki , which is very rare , but is not actually too expensive due to low demand, a fighting game with some interesting graphics.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

I don't think I have anything extremely rare. Only ones worth mentioning would be:

-a handful of Virtual Boy games

-Metal Gear Solid and Final Fantasy 7 in mint condition original cases.

-Ocarina of Time limited edition in mint condition.

***I say mint condition, but unfortunately the VB boxes and the ENTIRE ocarina was destroyed in a flood:( In fact, ALL my N64 games were.

x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 x-2tha-z
Here's my pictures and some new ones. Shining the Holy Ark, Shinobi X and Guardian Heroes  Conkers Bad Fur Day and Donkey Kong 64   Metal Gear Solid on Game Boy Color  NES Classics versions of Zelda and Excitebike  Famicom Mini Bomberman, Xevious and Star Soldier   Hitman Triple Hit Pack (Blood Money, Silent Assassin and Contracts in one box) and MGS3 Subsistence  Soukyugurentai, Kingdom Grandprix, Dodonpachi, Battle Garegga and Sengoku Blade  Sexy Parodius. Still sealed.  Metal Slug RAM box.  This is definitely the rarest game in my collection. Shinrei Jusatsushi Taromaru. Only around 7500 copies of this game were made. Quite hard to find with the little sticker.  Radiant Silvergun.  Panzer Dragoon Saga.  Shining Force 3 Premium Disc. Still sealed. This was never sold at retail. You had to send proof of purchase of SF3 scenarios 1-3 to the developer and they then sent you the premium disc.  Limited Edition Resident Evil 4 branded silver Gamecube. Limited Edition 'Evil Case' for Resi 4..  Shadow of the Colossus  Street Fighter 2 playing cards. I got these free with a gaming magazine back when SF2 was first released on the SNES. Not sure why I kept them.    Some more of my Famicom Mini games. These are GBA games. Only released in Japan. In this pic there's Pac-Man, Clu-Clu Land, Super Mario Bros, Metroid, The Legend of Zelda and Castlevania.  God of War 2 Special Edition.    Here's some of my Gamecube games. Not the rarest or anything, but they can be hard to find here in the UK.  Demon's Souls Black Phantom Edition. Still sealed.
FortuneInLies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 FortuneInLies
Thats a very nice collection you've got there x-2tha-z. I've got several of those myself (MGS GBC, Hitman collection, MGS subsistence, Resident Evil 4 Gamecube) but those famicon mini games really caught my attention.
Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 Darkman2007

if consoles are to be included in the list, then here are 2 two most rare that I own.

A Panasonic 3DO FZ10, as well as a Mega CD.

neither are special editions or anything , but considering neither system is exactly common (not even somewhat common like the Saturn or Dreamcast) , id wager these can be considerd rare

x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 x-2tha-z
Thats a very nice collection you've got there x-2tha-z. I've got several of those myself (MGS GBC, Hitman collection, MGS subsistence, Resident Evil 4 Gamecube) but those famicon mini games really caught my attention. FortuneInLies
Yeah, the Famicom Mini games are awesome. Great packaging and very collectible. I'd like to get the whole set one day but they're quite expensive, especially if you want the display boxes to go with them that Nintendo released through Club Nintendo.
x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 x-2tha-z

if consoles are to be included in the list, then here are 2 two most rare that I own.

neither are special editions or anything , but considering neither system is exactly common (not even somewhat common like the Saturn or Dreamcast) , id wager these can be considerd rare

Darkman2007
Nice. I always wanted to try the Mega CD and 3DO. I seen in your earlier picture you have Albert Odyssey. That's one of the games I plan on getting next. How is it?
Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 Darkman2007

[QUOTE="Darkman2007"]

x-2tha-z

Nice. I always wanted to try the Mega CD and 3DO. I seen in your earlier picture you have Albert Odyssey. That's one of the games I plan on getting next. How is it?

Albert Odyssey is a good RPG, but don't expect anything amazing.

I would give it a 7/10 , its good, but its not amazing, the story is decent, the battle system is very traditional too.

its basically a traditional JRPG in every sense of the word

really nice 2D visuals though and some great music.

FortuneInLies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 FortuneInLies
[QUOTE="FortuneInLies"]Thats a very nice collection you've got there x-2tha-z. I've got several of those myself (MGS GBC, Hitman collection, MGS subsistence, Resident Evil 4 Gamecube) but those famicon mini games really caught my attention. x-2tha-z
Yeah, the Famicom Mini games are awesome. Great packaging and very collectible. I'd like to get the whole set one day but they're quite expensive, especially if you want the display boxes to go with them that Nintendo released through Club Nintendo.

How much on average would you say a Famicon mini game would cost, and if you know, how many there are altogether?