What's your favorite First/Third- Person Shooter Franchise?

Posted by thecruzan (94 posts) 6 months, 17 days ago

Poll: What's your favorite First/Third- Person Shooter Franchise? (20 votes)

Call of Duty 5%
Battlefield 5%
Halo 20%
Half- Life 10%
Gears Of War 0%
Wolfenstein 0%
DOOM 10%
Duke Nukem 5%
Bioshock 10%
Bulletstorm 0%
Borderlands 0%
Medal of Honor 0%
Far Cry 10%
Counter Strike 0%
Killzone 0%
Left 4 Dead 0%
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell 5%
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon 5%
Crysis 5%
Team Fortress 5%
Red Dead 5%
S.O.C.O.M 0%
Dead Space 0%

Personally, my favorite Third- Person franchise is Gears of War (Excluding that terrible game called Judgment) and my favorite First- Person franchise is Halo.

#1 Posted by mastermetal777 (1949 posts) -

For the first-person shooters, I have to go with BioShock, hands-down. Third-person would have to be Red Dead Redemption, even though it's a lot more than a typical TPS game.

#2 Posted by elkoldo (1215 posts) -

Syphon Filter.However there hasn't been a new entry in the series in 14 years :(

#3 Posted by Archangel3371 (15846 posts) -

For first-person it's Halo, for third-person Gears of War.

#4 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (6427 posts) -

Very hard choice... The obvious answer is Half-Life, since HL2 is my fav game.

But Halo would come very close overall.

#5 Posted by EPICCOMMANDER (662 posts) -

Dead Space/DOOM/Halo/COD. They're all pretty much even. I like to kill things.

Also, is S.O.C.O.M. any good? I never played any of them...

#6 Posted by Behardy24 (4753 posts) -

@EPICCOMMANDER said:

Dead Space/DOOM/Halo/COD. They're all pretty much even. I like to kill things.

Also, is S.O.C.O.M. any good? I never played any of them...

Back during the PS2-era, Socom was basically the call of duty of today. People all over were crazy about the mutiplayer and most discarded the single player which was your stranadard affair of middle eastern and russian bad guys. At the time, it was pretty good and fun, but now in this post- Gears of Wars world, it's hard to say whether it still holds up.

#7 Edited by Behardy24 (4753 posts) -

In short incriminates, I've enjoyed most of the games on your list, but Team Fortress 2 is the only one I go back to often.

#8 Posted by EPICCOMMANDER (662 posts) -
@behardy24 said:

@EPICCOMMANDER said:

Dead Space/DOOM/Halo/COD. They're all pretty much even. I like to kill things.

Also, is S.O.C.O.M. any good? I never played any of them...

Back during the PS2-era, Socom was basically the call of duty of today. People all over were crazy about the mutiplayer and most discarded the single player which was your stranadard affair of middle eastern and russian bad guys. At the time, it was pretty good and fun, but now in this post- Gears of Wars world, it's hard to say whether it still holds up.

I see. Well, sounds like I missed out. Thanks for enlightening me though.

#9 Posted by Behardy24 (4753 posts) -

@EPICCOMMANDER said:
@behardy24 said:

@EPICCOMMANDER said:

Dead Space/DOOM/Halo/COD. They're all pretty much even. I like to kill things.

Also, is S.O.C.O.M. any good? I never played any of them...

Back during the PS2-era, Socom was basically the call of duty of today. People all over were crazy about the mutiplayer and most discarded the single player which was your stranadard affair of middle eastern and russian bad guys. At the time, it was pretty good and fun, but now in this post- Gears of Wars world, it's hard to say whether it still holds up.

I see. Well, sounds like I missed out. Thanks for enlightening me though.

Happy to help :)

#10 Posted by marcheegsr (2917 posts) -

First person - Battlefield, 3rd person -Tom Clancy ghost recon

#11 Edited by Pffrbt (6588 posts) -

I guess Resident Evil.

#12 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (14715 posts) -

@Pffrbt

I also wanted to bring up President Evil but considering the game's origins I just wasn't sure.

#13 Posted by SovietsUnited (2345 posts) -

@elkoldo said:

Syphon Filter.However there hasn't been a new entry in the series in 14 years :(

Omega Strain, Dark Mirror and Logan's Shadow are all legitimate entries in the series, especially OS

#14 Edited by elkoldo (1215 posts) -
@SovietsUnited said:

@elkoldo said:

Syphon Filter.However there hasn't been a new entry in the series in 14 years :(

Omega Strain, Dark Mirror and Logan's Shadow are all legitimate entries in the series, especially OS

Yeah but none of them were a major hit, namely Syphon Filter 4.I played DM ad LS on PSP and got disappointed

#16 Posted by jdc6305 (3923 posts) -

All those games I shit I don't play any of them.

#17 Posted by geniobastardo (1294 posts) -

Far cry and Crysis.

#18 Posted by SovietsUnited (2345 posts) -

@elkoldo said:
@SovietsUnited said:

@elkoldo said:

Syphon Filter.However there hasn't been a new entry in the series in 14 years :(

Omega Strain, Dark Mirror and Logan's Shadow are all legitimate entries in the series, especially OS

Yeah but none of them were a major hit, namely Syphon Filter 4.I played DM ad LS on PSP and got disappointed

The Omega Strain is pretty much SF4; if you come by it, give it a chance, it's a really fun game and fine entry in the franchise

#19 Posted by udUbdaWgz1 (631 posts) -

for me, splinter cell is not a shooter and red dead isn't a "franchise." in fact, until, half-life 3 comes out i'm discounting it, as well.

regardless, halo is by far the best.

#20 Posted by heguain (678 posts) -

Bioshock and Wolfenstein.

#21 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (14715 posts) -

@udUbdaWgz1

Its a "Partial Shooter" :)

#22 Posted by udUbdaWgz1 (631 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu: ya, sure. explain to us the detail of the other half.

#23 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (14715 posts) -

@udUbdaWgz1

What other Half ?

#24 Posted by udUbdaWgz1 (631 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu: lol, huh? the "partial" part, of course.

#25 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (14715 posts) -

@udUbdaWgz1

Well its not in halfs, theres more than two parts.

#26 Edited by udUbdaWgz1 (631 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu: ah, then, give me a run-down on it's third primary gameplay component.

#27 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (14715 posts) -

@udUbdaWgz1

Espionage ! :)

#28 Posted by Fezzinator101 (231 posts) -

For FPS: TimeSplitters Closely followed by Doom

For TPS: Max Payne

#29 Edited by thecruzan (94 posts) -

@udubdawgz1: Red Dead has already been announced as a "permanent franchise" by Take- Two and will most likely have a sequel coming. And if you weren't aware, Red Dead Redemption isn't the only game in the series. Red Dead Revolver was the first game. I guess you can count Undead Nightmare as a game too since it was available as a standalone at retailers.

#30 Posted by Notorious1234NA (896 posts) -

COD

Only one ppl play holla

#31 Posted by Ballroompirate (23290 posts) -

FPS- Wolfenstein

TPS- Dead Space