what would you love to see in an action game?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Uhm... I'd like to see lots of Action I guess. And BOOBS ! Definately wana see lots of Boobs !

Ariabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 Ariabed
Member since 2014 • 2121 Posts

What about action and boobs mixed together= machine gun jubblies!!!

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#5 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

I think Assassin's Creed and Batman manage to do the action genre justice. If other games can try to be as good as they are, then we would get a lot of more good games

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Lulu_Lulu

@ The_Last_Ride

Indeed. I'm hoping for a Marvel Equivalent.

BlackGenjii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By BlackGenjii
Member since 2013 • 256 Posts

@ariabed said:

What about action and boobs mixed together= machine gun jubblies!!!

I have yet to see it, but I heard that Robert Rodriguez's Machete Kills has exactly what you're looking for... but then again it's not a game.

Gamerno66666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9  Edited By Gamerno66666
Member since 2013 • 175 Posts

@sir_picklejar said:

what would all of you love to see in an action game.for example. i'd love to be able to slide under a truck on a bike.

Lol reminds me of the abomination ride to hell.

cooolio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 cooolio
Member since 2013 • 586 Posts
  • shooting while vaulting over cover
  • tackling and jumping through windows
  • More interaction with the environment; Hitting enemies with chairs, pushing tables in to enemies while using them as cover
The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 The_Last_Ride

@geniobastardo said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

I think Assassin's Creed and Batman manage to do the action genre justice. If other games can try to be as good as they are, then we would get a lot of more good games

you're forgetting a few other games like Devil May Cry. AC and Batman are good open-world action games but there combat is still far from being perfect (we had an argument on this one before). If anything, I'd like to see more variability in AC combat and the urge to use all of your tactics and combos in Arkham combat. Arkham combat seems pretty shallow because it doesn't encourage to go into depths (I just discovered it), as for AC's combat, it's shallow as it is, needs polishing.

i like both of them to be honest. I don't want them to overcomplicate things either

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

The best action games have combo-based move sets and solid enemy AI. The faster the pace, the better. Oh, and ginormous bosses. The bosses absolutely cannot be too big.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Lulu_Lulu

@ cooolio

That all sounds like StrangleHold.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 The_Last_Ride

@geniobastardo said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@geniobastardo said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

you're forgetting a few other games like Devil May Cry. AC and Batman are good open-world action games but there combat is still far from being perfect (we had an argument on this one before). If anything, I'd like to see more variability in AC combat and the urge to use all of your tactics and combos in Arkham combat. Arkham combat seems pretty shallow because it doesn't encourage to go into depths (I just discovered it), as for AC's combat, it's shallow as it is, needs polishing.

i like both of them to be honest. I don't want them to overcomplicate things either

polishing the combat and complicating things are two different things. I mean you can just finish the whole Arkham games without even mastering the combat and that's a shame in itself. As for Assassin's Creed, the combat in Brotherhood was the best, hope they bring it back with some improvements overall.

You can still master it though, you need skill to take down Freeze

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Lulu_Lulu

^ And Intelligence ^

It helps if you can plan ahead. Being trapped with Mr. Freeze was truly challenging and fun.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts

I want to see a mix of Mercenaries, Red Faction Guerilla and Just Cause- Airstrikes, destruction and verticality.

Make it happen, Just Cause 3!

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 The_Last_Ride

@geniobastardo said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@geniobastardo said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@geniobastardo said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

polishing the combat and complicating things are two different things. I mean you can just finish the whole Arkham games without even mastering the combat and that's a shame in itself. As for Assassin's Creed, the combat in Brotherhood was the best, hope they bring it back with some improvements overall.

You can still master it though, you need skill to take down Freeze

Mr. Freeze, he's in the DLC, right??

Nope, he is a boss in Arkham City. You need skills to beat him in that

Donaldparker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Donaldparker
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

I would like to see lots of Action with bombs, machine gun and many more.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Lulu_Lulu

let me put an end to this.

I'd Like to see BAYONETTA 2 go Multiplatform !

/ Thread !

Senor_Kami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Senor_Kami
Member since 2008 • 8529 Posts

I want to see someone mash up a game like Path of Exile with the combat engine of Bayonetta or Ninja Gaiden. Levelig, that great skill tree, the gem system, random dungeons, all being fed with a great combat engine. The thing that kills me about most games like Torchlight, PoE, Diablo, etc is how bad the combat is. You have all of these cool systems that impact combat but the combat is pretty boring and crappy and just clicking a mouse button and doesn't really take any prowess to do. I'd love to see the great systems matched with a great combat engine.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Lulu_Lulu

@ Senor_Kami

The reason why Games like Diablo have RPG Elements along side their combat and Games like Devil May Cry don't is because once you have good gameplay.... You don't need all that other stuff because now the gameplay is actually fun.

Infact, if DarkSiders II and Dragons Dogma is anything to go by.... Adding that extra stuff on top of good combat might make the combat bad again.

In my oppinion, RPG Elements are a great tool for developers who just want to skate by in the gameplay department. The most famous example of this phenomenon is the Mass Effect 1 vs Mass Effect 2 Debate.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Lulu_Lulu

PUZZLE BOSSES !

Thats what Action games need more of. I can't believe I didn't think of this sooner.

Puzzle Bosses like the ones from President Evil 5 and 6 ! Super Fly Simmons from Leons Campaign was the Beez Neez ! XD !

Avatar image for platinumking320
platinumking320

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By platinumking320
Member since 2003 • 668 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu: Stranglehold did try those things. Sorta okay, but for me the mechanics for some reason...didn't feel as solid as it could've been.

Now give a Hard Boiled, Max Payne, Matrix 'Gun-Fu' style game to Platinum Games or Capcom instead of Midway, and it'd feel a little bit closer to being original Dante or The Raid 2 in a twitch shooter

Max Payne's Kung Fu Mod came closest for me.

Loading Video...

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Lulu_Lulu

@ platinumking320

I know what you mean... Stranglehold just didn't click right. Maybe it needs co-op.... LOL. Just joking :p

Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Pffrbt
Member since 2010 • 6612 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

I think Assassin's Creed and Batman manage to do the action genre justice.

How? The combat is about as shallow and dull as you can get. PlatinumGames is currently the only developer doing the action genre justice.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#30 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

I have an idea for an action game that goes like this.

You play as a guy in a cybernetic suit that has the ability to slow down time within a certain area around him (I have some kind of BS scientific excuse, but it doesn't really matter). The combat is more of a hack n slash (dodging, building combos) and involves things like running along walls, flipping over enemies and being an all around badass. Typically, enemies with guns need to be closed in on by slowing time down (making it much easier to dodge bullets) and then you can take down a group in any way you choose (there'd be a lot of different options, such as leaping onto a guy, sinking a cybernetic claw into his chest and shooting at other enemies with the guy's gun). The setting would be a huge futuristic city with floating cars and stuff like that (think Coruscant from star Wars). It'd be open ended like in Just Cause 2 (as in lots of room for messing around, always easy to find enemies to fight and lots of side tasks to accomplish). You could get around by running and climbing buildings, or by hijacking vehicles. Story missions would be a bit more linear, but still be open ended enough to satisfy. Car chases would be against armed vehicles, and you'd be able to do things like jumping in the air, slowing time down, and running along missiles they launch to reach them. Bosses would be other cyborgs, and large mechanical weapons.

That's a game I want to see.

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#31 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

I just want every game to be dark souls.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Lulu_Lulu

@ Shmiity

You mean you want everygame too try to pass off bad design as difficulty ?

cooolio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 cooolio

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@ cooolio

That all sounds like StrangleHold.

When I say jumping out windows, I mean tackling a guy and getting in to a brawl while you both full to the ground all in an open world city. I want kick a chair in to a guy and beat him down. I want to hang from the side of a truck, shoot at some enemies, steer it in to them, and then jump out. I want to arrive to a hideout or gun deal by myself and shoot out the lights before I can get shot.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Lulu_Lulu

@ cooolio

I can't picture a single mechanical way to execute any of those things.

Sounds like all style and no substance. :)

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 The_Last_Ride

@Pffrbt said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

I think Assassin's Creed and Batman manage to do the action genre justice.

How? The combat is about as shallow and dull as you can get. PlatinumGames is currently the only developer doing the action genre justice.

Agree to disagree

cooolio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By cooolio

@Lulu_Lulu: Then you must have little creativity, or you are just an asshole. Hopefully it is the former and not both

Shooting out lights is simple. It has been in plenty of stealth games

Grappling is something that has been done in plenty of games. Maybe to put a free fall in to motion the player can hold down the sprint button and grab button

As for the whole thing with the truck. Just take out hanging out of the truck and do something a that is a little more refined than the whole car shooting mechanics in GTA. It

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Lulu_Lulu

@ cooolio

Actually Its both :(... I'm a creativeless @sshole.

The way you say it sounds Simple but One has to considered the behviors and logic behind shooting out all the lights. Hows it going to affect the AI's and The Player's Behavior in each context, like what happens if you do it after they've already seen you you or if you can see in the dark and they can't... Stuff like.

Theres hope for the rest of those things :)

cooolio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 cooolio

@Lulu_Lulu: Do not say that about yourself. I did not think about the lights thing very well. I was actually thinking about this scene from this move where this guy was tied up in this room where this deal was about to go bad and he managed to knock over a lamp at the last minute, and he was the last man standing. I guess a better idea of what would be similar would be how you can shoot down the chandelier in one of the first missions in Splinter Cell Conviction.

Also, i would not expect a character to have the ability to see in the dark if we are talking about an action adventure game that is in a realist setting.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Lulu_Lulu

@ cooolio

There was a simular Scenario in Naruto but it was with Fog not Lights.

They even went into detail about the Dynamics of Preemptive Strikes and Ambushing Suspecting and Unsuspecting Enemies.

The Naruto games don't even acknowledge any of that.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Lulu_Lulu

@ Sir_pickleJar

DmC ?