What would make you want to buy an Xbox One?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for jasonredemption
jasonredemption

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 17

#1 jasonredemption
Member since 2010 • 691 Posts

So if you haven't bought one already what would make you buy an Xbox One? Between Xbox One dropping in price by $50 and all the great exclusives coming (that to me are more interesting than even the exclusives on the Xbox 360) this Nintendo-turned-Playstation fan is considering buying an Xbox One. The exclusives out of the gate for the Xbox One are impressive and hopefully will up the competition for Playstation and make them step up their game.

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 2

#2 mastermetal777
Member since 2009 • 3236 Posts

I'd like to see more games from them that appeal to me. Sunset Overdrive is one of those titles that looks fun as hell, but it's not a system-seller in my eyes. I might eventually get an Xbox One once I start getting more money, but for now, the PS4 exclusives coming next year are more appealing to me than the Xbox One lineup, sadly.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

Halo 5 and hopeully a new Gears, that's enough for purchasing a X1. The price drop doesn't mean much to me in the regular edition X1, I can get a NIB console for 300.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#4 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

The price isn't the issue for me, there's just not a system selling game out for it yet. If I did get the XB1, it would be sitting right next to my PS4 collecting dust.

I know that won't be the case after next year though, hopefully they will be showing off some new Gears gameplay footage.

jasonredemption

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By jasonredemption

Does anyone know for sure if they're making a remastered Gears of War collection (like they are with Halo)? Is it just a rumor that they might be or did they make an actual announcement?

Ewan_Sinclair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Ewan_Sinclair
Member since 2014 • 26 Posts

The $50 price drop definitely piqued my interest. I'm very keen on playing many of these new games Shadows of Mordor, Alien Isolation, The Evil Within, and Destiny (less so....). I will either get a PC or a PS4 to do this. The price pushes me towards a PS4, but a the cost makes the xbone more competitive. I have a Xbox360, PS3 and a WiiU. I enjoy the Xbox, but I prefer the other consoles. Im not fond of Microsofts focus on things not game related. I like my gaming consoles to focus on gaming. The Halo collection is very appealing. Alan Wake 2 would get me interested as well.

hxce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 593

User Lists: 0

#7 hxce
Member since 2006 • 2099 Posts

I would really want an Xbox One for Dead Rising 3, huge fan of the first game. And also if they continue on the Gears of War series. loved GoW 1-2.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

Already bought one :)

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#9 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

I bought one on launch primarily because I always buy consoles at launch, but it's the most disappointing console I've owned. The last time I turned it on was January I think. I bought it largely in part for Dead Rising 3, and had it not been for that, I would have skipped it entirely and bought it later, like around now, since Sunset Overdrive is out. I'm also still pissed at MS for forcing the Kinect on us saying it was needed, and then stripping the Kinect from the console to sell it for 100 bucks.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#10 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

it has to become way cheaper. 900 bucks is way too expensive without the kinect. Give me some decent games that are exclusive besides Forza and i will consider it

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19564 Posts

For me, it needs great games that I can't get on my PC.

I really don't see it happening, because Microsoft's main exclusive franchises (Halo, Gears of War, Forza) don't really appeal to me. Hopefully they'll prove me wrong?

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

Well I mainly want it for Master Chief. Outside of that it really looks like MS took a step back and looked at the division--where the hiccups started, etc. The brand is starting to feel like the old original xbox brand, a bit. DLC is still fcking bullshit, though.

ojmstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 ojmstr
Member since 2003 • 1949 Posts

I will most likely get the XboxOne when Gears Of War 4 will be released but that is probably not untill 2016.

Gears Of War 4 will be a system seller, no doubt.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

If someone gave it to me for free along with $500 then i would consider taking it.....

jasonredemption

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 jasonredemption

Is it just me or are the exclusives for the Xbox One already better/more than they were for the Xbox 360??

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#16 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@jasonredemption said:

So if you haven't bought one already what would make you buy an Xbox One? Between Xbox One dropping in price by $50 and all the great exclusives coming (that to me are more interesting than even the exclusives on the Xbox 360) this Nintendo-turned-Playstation fan is considering buying an Xbox One. The exclusives out of the gate for the Xbox One are impressive and hopefully will up the competition for Playstation and make them step up their game.

Nothing, the X1 is a good multimedia machine that can play games if you live in the us for the rest of the world it has absolute no relevance.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19564 Posts

@jasonredemption said:

Is it just me or are the exclusives for the Xbox One already better/more than they were for the Xbox 360??

I think that may just be you. What exclusives does the Xbox One have, anyway?

I only see Forza Horizon 2, Forza Motorspirt 5, Sunset Overdrive and Dark Dreams Don't Die scoring above 75 on Metacritic. I'm interested in the latter, but not enough to make me buy an expensive console.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10417 Posts

i bought a 360 at xmas 2006 pretty much for two specific games - call of duty 3 and gear s of war. cod3 was a huge coop for ms at the time - a system exclusive of an already hugely popular franchise, and gears was a brand new ip and graphical powerhouse that was getting ridiculously good reviews. if the xbox one could give me something along these lines i'd be tempted to pick one up.

as it stands, the exclusive highlights of the upcoming xmas release schedule are pretty much three games - another forza game, the master chief collection and sunset overdrive. none of those games on their own or combined are enough to tempt me to buy the system and i'm not picking one up just to play multiplats when i can do that on the pc

jasonredemption

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 jasonredemption

@Planeforger said:

@jasonredemption said:

I think that may just be you. What exclusives does the Xbox One have, anyway?

I only see Forza Horizon 2, Forza Motorspirt 5, Sunset Overdrive and Dark Dreams Don't Die scoring above 75 on Metacritic. I'm interested in the latter, but not enough to make me buy an expensive console.

I think what interests me is Forza Horizon 2, Sunset Overdrive and what's coming up that looks interesting...Quantom Break, Scalebound, Master Chief Collection (never owned an xbox console so never played through the campaigns of any of those games)...I think the "fun" factor is what really attracts me. Watching an off-roading Jeep going through a wheat field to Tchaikovsky's overture and the completely-anti-seriousness at which Sunset Overdrive just tries to just have a good time looks really interesting to me. Besides LBP3 what exclusive for the PS4 this Generation looks to be a silly-non-serious-fun game? Most of my PS4 collection is multiplats.

Namgis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#20 Namgis
Member since 2009 • 3592 Posts
  1. $299
  2. Kotor 1 & 2 HD Remaster
  3. Kotor III exclusive
  4. Gears series HD Remaster
  5. Losing the power brick.

Looks like I'm destined never to own one. A shame really, first gen I'll be going with one machine.

PapaTrop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By PapaTrop
Member since 2014 • 1792 Posts

I'm fine with the Xbox One as-is, and hope it keeps on doing what it's doing.

What it needs is to not be quite so expensive to game on (this goes for any console), and a stand-out title or two. Something equivalent to the original Xbox's Halo, or the 360's Gears of War. Something that gives you every bit of your money's worth in one game.

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#22 c_rakestraw  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 14627 Posts

If I didn't already own one? Ori and the Blind Forest, #IDARB, D4, and Titfanfall (which I already own) would have been more than enough to get me to buy one.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#23 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

I'd need to change my mind on scaling down this gen by having just one console.

A slimmer console nearer the £250 mark.

About 7-10 exclusives I would be interested in. It understandably has very few now, I would only pick up SS OD if I had the console. It seems there's a drought until the second half of 2015.

GWG needs to get a lot better.

CrimsonBrute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#24  Edited By CrimsonBrute  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 25603 Posts

It would just need to be slimmer and cost less... a lot less.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e5d7e6d61227
deactivated-5e5d7e6d61227

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#26 deactivated-5e5d7e6d61227
Member since 2009 • 619 Posts

I did recently purchase a XBox One. My reasoning behind it was to get some exclusives that I would not be able to get via the Playstation. The best part of having both systems is that since I have a GameFly account, I can rent games that are for both systems quicker without waiting.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#27 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44106 Posts

Well I already have one so I'm good to go already. Personally I think it already has a solid line-up of games and a bunch of great games upcoming that make happy to have one.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#28  Edited By deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

If scalebound is amazing

BANJO THREEIE

Rareware ditching kinect

If the next gears of war is by far the best yet

new ip's

new panzer dragoon (a real one)

console redesign

kingcrimson24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#29 kingcrimson24
Member since 2012 • 824 Posts

me and my brother bought one at launch ... but I'll get another one for myself when Halo MCC comes out .

I'm big old fan of Halo ... also a Forza fan , I also really like Remedy games . I'm so hyped for Quantum Break ! I also would like to play some other exclusives like Sunset overdrive , Phantom dust , scalebound and stuff like that . there are also great multiplatform games like Witcher 3 and batman Arkham knight .

effimote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 effimote
Member since 2014 • 60 Posts

i can enjoy my spare time on it .and it can help me play the

games well and gain more joy .