What will happen with Kojima gettiing out of Konami?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

senjutsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

User Lists: 0

Poll What will happen with Kojima gettiing out of Konami? (11 votes)

Kojima is the mastermind, without him, his team is nothing. 18%
Games are not a one man thing. The team is awesome and they don't need Kojima to deliver. 18%
Both the team and Kojima need to be together. Appart, they will both fail. 36%
Both Kojima and his team are incredible, and will both build incredible games. 27%

This is the moment where we'll be able to test who was the best. Kojima or his team. If the next game his team does is incredible, we'll have an idea. If Kojima's next game (indie?) is incredible, we'll have an idea. If both are horrible, they need each other (worst possible outcome). If both games are incredible, well, I suppose that we'll never know who influenced who, but we'll be happy as hell to get twice as much incredible games lol.

In any case, I really hope Kojima will open a new studio, and that he's not leaving because of personnal problems, that's would be sad.

You can also comment about what you think will happen of Silent Hills now. I'm really not sure what to think.

• 
Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#1  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

no "team" to compare. Kojima Productions will be disbanded after MGSV is finished.

senjutsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 senjutsu
Member since 2005 • 1206 Posts

@Gue1: I would be supprised, frankly. Konami already know that this specific team work very well together, so I don't see them moving people around different team, it would kill their synergy. Still, it will surely be resized a bit as the Kojima production team was really big, but like I said, I would be supprised is they actually change most people in random teams, it would make no sense and would get them no added value. If I was the manager, I would shrink the team a bit, find people that could replace Kojima from his own team (Kojima could help Konami get the right person to replace him if possible). They could continue working on MGS games (easy money for Komani, as most people don't really know who makes the games) as they worked on the franchise for... a big part of their life, lol. Pretty sure this is what Konami is planning. Still, few key members of the team could follow Kojima (not sure if this is totally legal).

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

@senjutsu:

if Kojima leaves Konami many key people will leave with him. It happens every time. When Sakaguchi left Square, when Itagaki left Tecmo, when Hideki left Capcom... All the high ranking devs that worked with them left the company too. It's not gonna be the same anymore. But the fact that KojiPro will be disbanded is not speculation, Kojima already confirmed it and many on the lower end will lose their jobs.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/140169-Konami-Reportedly-Disbanding-Kojima-Productions-After-MGS-V

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44129 Posts

Well some will go with Kojima, some will stay with Konami, and some will be let go or just go elsewhere on their own. Kojima may still finish up working on Silent Hills hired by Konami as a contractor.

senjutsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 senjutsu
Member since 2005 • 1206 Posts

@Gue1: The link you included is a rumor, told to a gamespot employee (kinda funny in a way, as we're talking about it on gamespot). Still, I see it's possible. We'll need to wait and see then.

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#6 Legend002
Member since 2007 • 13405 Posts

My take on this is that Kojima wanted to end Metal Gear while Konami doesn't.

What does this mean? My predictions.

Konami

• MGSV break records because of this publicity
  • Silent Hills Cancellation
  • Annual Metal Gear games
  • Much lower quality MG games
  • MG franchise tank(low sales, little hype, little expectation) hard within 3-5 years

Kojima

• Joins Capcom
  • Develop Resident Evil 8(RE7 production already started) and create the survival horror he always wanted. He talked about wanting to do a Silent Hill game only because it is a Konami IP but in general he just wanted to create a survival horror. Resident Evil is declining and it needs a reboot so it's the perfect marriage.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Finally do something new for a change.

Like he has been promising for over a decade now.

wing821

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8  Edited By wing821
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

If Silent Hill is really cancelled,

I can go the the thread which asked me "what my most heartbreaking cancellation is"

And add the name "Silent Hill" on it.

Silent Hill the my favorite game of all time. I really hope they don't do this.

Only a genius like Kojima can rescue this franchise from falling ( as it already is )

Not anyone can pick up the philosophy of Silent Hill and make it alive. Japanese are awesome.
Oh hell, I wish Team Silent is still here.

All of our Silent Hill Fans have waited for a "Real treat" for long enough

( Ever since SH4: The room. Personally I thing Downpour is pretty good though, but that's another 1000 words)

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44129 Posts

@Legend002 said:

My take on this is that Kojima wanted to end Metal Gear while Konami doesn't.

What does this mean? My predictions.

Konami

• MGSV break records because of this publicity
  • Silent Hills Cancellation
  • Annual Metal Gear games
  • Much lower quality MG games
  • MG franchise tank(low sales, little hype, little expectation) hard within 3-5 years

Kojima

• Joins Capcom
  • Develop Resident Evil 8(RE7 production already started) and create the survival horror he always wanted. He talked about wanting to do a Silent Hill game only because it is a Konami IP but in general he just wanted to create a survival horror. Resident Evil is declining and it needs a reboot so it's the perfect marriage.

If Kojima joined up with Capcom to work on a Resident Evil game then that would be a megaton of truly epic proportions.

dylandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#10 dylandr
Member since 2015 • 4940 Posts

If the captain leaves his ship it will just drift aimlessly till it sinks, when Kojima leaves all his close colleagues will follow his lead for sure, i just hope he makes sure that MGS and all his other masterpieces stay in their full glory...

and ofcourse i hope we will see some freaking awesome team up between the Kojima team and some other legendary team! :D

thelordofpies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 thelordofpies
Member since 2011 • 869 Posts

The Thing is Capcom is a shit face as well why do you think the guy who made REsident EVil left as well.

dylandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#12 dylandr
Member since 2015 • 4940 Posts

@thelordofpies: I hope he doesn't go to CC and make another one in that shite series :p

I hope he joins another legend (maybe even the nintendo team! xD) but not Crapcom :c

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

Hopefully, Metal Gear's story will start to make some sense.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#14 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

Hmm, im sure Konami will do fine without Kojima, but what is more interesting is where he will go and what he will come out with. He is one of the few game dev´s that seem to be able to make anything into gold so one can only hope he goes to a company that gives him the same free reign.

Because hopefully he isn't going to retire.

thelordofpies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 thelordofpies
Member since 2011 • 869 Posts

will konami go into the shitter because of this no but I don't see them being a top dog for long they will become sega a shell of there former self.