What survival horror games should someone play around Halloween time?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by TTGSteve (28 posts) -

I'm making a list on my website that will give suggestions to my readers as to which games they should play to get them in the Halloween spirit. So, which games would all of you suggest adding to the list I'm comprising. Of course, you can expect a few typical games to be on the list, such as:

The Walking Dead

Resident Evil Series

Silent Hill Series

Slender

etc...

So, what games would you add to the list? All help is much appreciated. :)

#2 Posted by SuperTurboRemix (2 posts) -
Definitely any of the first three Silent Hill games, preferably the second though because its the scariest game out there
#3 Posted by mikevenable (63 posts) -

Any of the Dead Space Games....I guarantee you'll drop the controller a few times.

#4 Posted by green_abobo (1287 posts) -
an oldie but also goodie...eternal darkness!!! doom 3 bfg edition releases the 16th... i believe? vampire: the masquerade bloodlines is also a neat little rpg. i used to own clocktower. wasnt that creepy? i cant remember. must notve been that scary. lol. im replaying RE2, for the first time in about a decade. nice to see the ol psX still functional. itll be interesting to see if episode 4 of TWD drops around 'all hallows eve. forgot clive barkers undying. i imagine jericho is similar as well, although i never played it.
#5 Posted by iowastate (7873 posts) -

I have played Clive Barkers Undying and it is a masterpiece of creepiness.

if you can find Rule of Rose or Haunting Ground those are perfect for Halloween.

also Clocktower 3 or Fatal Fame 3

#6 Posted by TTGSteve (28 posts) -

Thanks for your help everyone! I made the post on my site. However, I may actually do a video next and I'll use more of your suggestions if you want to keep posting.

#7 Posted by suwoduu (27 posts) -
Corpse Party for PSP.
#8 Posted by wwefanforlife (3247 posts) -

Fatal Frame (or if your in the PAL regions it's called Project Zero)

#9 Posted by Ricomu (11 posts) -
One game I was surprised by: Saw It's more about the atmosphere, but it was a pretty fun little game.
#10 Posted by bugarinamar (9 posts) -
O man there is a good scery horor game calld Obscure its really scery you play in the school so many puzzels and action its like silent hill or resinet evil . Try it XD
#11 Posted by Intense00 (57 posts) -

Walking dead.... but it's more drama then horror...

#12 Posted by fabulouslyLAZY (6 posts) -
You should try amnesia the dark descent
#13 Posted by XsuperFLASH666X (2 posts) -
Call of Duty Zombies with a laggy connection is scary
#14 Posted by customnfljersey (2 posts) -
thanks very much!
#15 Posted by PartyManiac7 (23 posts) -
OOH! play Dead Island, those are the scariest looking zombies, or at least my opinion. OOh and Dead Rising, and I guess Left 4 Dead.
#16 Posted by BenefitEvil (37 posts) -
I would suggest Fatal Frame one of my fav games of all time and the only game series to actually scare me while playing. Make sure you play it with surround sound though to get the full effect!
#17 Posted by --T-Virus-- (1554 posts) -

I would suggest Fatal Frame one of my fav games of all time and the only game series to actually scare me while playing. Make sure you play it with surround sound though to get the full effect! BenefitEvil

Fatal Frame (or Project Zero here in Europe) is nearly impossible to find. :(

#18 Posted by confessornova (2 posts) -
Play Silent Hill for sure. Don't let people talk crap either. Regardless of sales the entire series is awesome. I wrote this. Check it out if ya want too. http://www.squidoo.com/survival-horror-at-its-best-top-five-series