What should I do? Play every game a little, or just a few?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

wintertruck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By wintertruck
Member since 2015 • 8 Posts

Looking at all the great games that you can chose from, Do I need to play all of them? Or should I just play a few and get good at them? Being new to many of them I wonder what others think.?

Are their ways to earn something for the time you put it playing? Or is it all for the fun of what level you can get to or who you can beat?

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

You're new to gaming ?

I suggest you start playing Local Multiplayer Games in any genre with a friend... thats usually the best way to get into games.

phoenix5352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 phoenix5352
Member since 2011 • 387 Posts

i would say buy few top games in different genre and try them out, then u will know what is good for you and can continue buying the similar kind of games later. i did the same , i like games with good story in them.

ayanami000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ayanami000
Member since 2015 • 125 Posts

Finish the game your currently at first.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Lulu_Lulu

Okay now this is a problem..... how's he suppose you know which advice to follow.... ?

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 2

#5 mastermetal777
Member since 2009 • 3236 Posts

I would say play something that appeals to what you already like. For instance, if you like sci-fi stuff in any form, I would recommend you play something like Mass Effect. Simple to get into in terms of gameplay, and has a great storyline. Or if you want something simple to understand that doesn't take long to beat, play Portal, as you can beat it within 2 hours easily, and has a learning curve that's especially inviting to newcomers. That's an example, but there are many out there. Just take what you're interested in, and look for a video game related to that interest. As for ease of entry, get opinions from those who play a lot of games to figure out which games are easier to get into than others. Start simple, and then work your way up. It worked with my fiancee and mother, but I don't know how well you adapt. Just a thought.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44153 Posts

Well that all depends on what your goal is. Are you interested in playing serious competitive gaming? ie tournaments and such Then yeah it would be best to pick one game and stick to that. Ultimately though just play whatever interests you and depending on what level you want to take it to then that will decide on what your game or games focus will be.

DrFlyntCoal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 DrFlyntCoal
Member since 2015 • 496 Posts

Pick one > Play it > if grabs your interest : Yes > Continue

No > Pick something else

And repeat the cycle.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#8 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11670 Posts

It's different from person, to person. Best to find out yourself which method fits you as a gamer.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#9 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Play something that interests you the most.

ayanami000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ayanami000
@drflyntcoal said:

Pick one > Play it > if grabs your interest : Yes > Continue

No > Pick something else

And repeat the cycle.

@RSM-HQ said:

It's different from person, to person. Best to find out yourself which method fits you as a gamer.

Gonna agree.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#11 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu said:

Okay now this is a problem..... how's he suppose you know which advice to follow.... ?

Thats easy , he should follow anything but yours and going with Co-op games :D

We do not want another Lulu on these boards, one coop nut is enough ;)

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Jacanuk

@phoenix5352 said:

i would say buy few top games in different genre and try them out, then u will know what is good for you and can continue buying the similar kind of games later. i did the same , i like games with good story in them.

Follow this advice

Also dont worry about trying all games, just find your box and jump into games from that.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

Do you have a PC or what? What system are you going to get if any? Do you have a phone you can use for games (meh)?

yukushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 yukushi
Member since 2011 • 2368 Posts

I have a lot of games to play so I normally start by playing the highest rated games and work my way down.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Lulu_Lulu

@Jacanuk:

Actually associating the gameplay activity with companionship is a valid way to get someone into video games... It doesn't even have to beva Co-Op game... friends can "play" single player games together.

I call it "The ol' Switcharoooo"

Avatar image for deactivated-5e5d7e6d61227
deactivated-5e5d7e6d61227

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#16 deactivated-5e5d7e6d61227
Member since 2009 • 619 Posts

@wintertruck .... I would highly suggest signing up for "GameFly" It is similar to Netflix and Blockbuster. You can try as many as games as your little heart desires and do not have to worry about sending a game back that you honestly do not like.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Lulu_Lulu

@TheDarkWolf86:

I think thats the best advice yet. ;)

hxce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 593

#18 hxce
Member since 2006 • 2099 Posts
@ayanami000 said:

Finish the game your currently at first.

This. It's easy to get occupied by all the great titles and eventually you never finish one of them. But it all depends. I tend to stick to one RPG game at the time. But sometimes I like to play some fighting or sports games in between. But for any game where story is the focus. It's more immersive to just play through one at the time.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Jacanuk

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@Jacanuk:

Actually associating the gameplay activity with companionship is a valid way to get someone into video games... It doesn't even have to beva Co-Op game... friends can "play" single player games together.

I call it "The ol' Switcharoooo"

Nice try.

But coop is still co-op games and are not a good way to get into gaming for a young kid and how many do you know that sits down and actually play single player games "together" (except you)

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Lulu_Lulu

@Jacanuk:

You do realise the younger you are the better this strategy actually works..... pretty much every adolescent I know with a console plays games in this manner. Its the grown ups who don't have the time for a few rounds of FIFA and that includes on and offline play.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Jacanuk

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@Jacanuk:

You do realise the younger you are the better this strategy actually works..... pretty much every adolescent I know with a console plays games in this manner. Its the grown ups who don't have the time for a few rounds of FIFA and that includes on and offline play.

And that is why we have a generation of young kids who are absolute horrible in the way they talk to others and how they act , how many kids have gotten so angry because they lost that they smashed their tv or gamepad or keyboard? or talk like someone who have been working on the dockyards for their entire life. or think swatting is fun.

coop and mp is a toxic world and a young kid should imo not start gaming in that way.

ayanami000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ayanami000

Children today does so doing this game swap usually.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Lulu_Lulu

@Jacanuk:

LoL.... thats online Multiplayer Kids not local ones.... and their attitudes have got nothing to do with games... thats just bad parenting.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e5d7e6d61227
deactivated-5e5d7e6d61227

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#24 deactivated-5e5d7e6d61227
Member since 2009 • 619 Posts

Well...a lot of adults do the exact same thing. They just go further with it and actually kill their loved ones or play SWAT Tag and get charged with federal crimes.

@Jacanuk said:
@Lulu_Lulu said:

@Jacanuk:

And that is why we have a generation of young kids who are absolute horrible in the way they talk to others and how they act , how many kids have gotten so angry because they lost that they smashed their tv or gamepad or keyboard? or talk like someone who have been working on the dockyards for their entire life. or think swatting is fun.

coop and mp is a toxic world and a young kid should imo not start gaming in that way.