Valkeerie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Valkeerie
Member since 2013 • 326 Posts

BigRedButton's Sonic Boom has been a disaster, but should that universe be forgotten, along with the redesigns? I liked how Amy was given some justice, how Knuckles wasn't borderline dumb, but an assumed idiot instead, and how Tails wasn't afraid of a fight and going his own way. Sonic was as cool as ever, and Sticks had great characterization. Hopefuly, if the show is successful, SEGA will try to release more games tied to this universe. What makes me hopeless is the fact that Sonic Chronicles had tried its own continuity before and failed. No matter what, SEGA should at least get back on developing great games.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

@Valkeerie:

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

Public Execution.

Valkeerie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Valkeerie

@thehig1

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

Bring it back to its roots. 2D.

Valkeerie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Valkeerie

@MirkoS77 said:

I don't get this statement. Is 2D the only thing it would go back to? Because they already tried with Sonic 4 Ep.1 and 2, and with Classic Sonic on Generations. Pandering to nostalgia like that is not the best option, in my opinion, but using the classic Genesis games' foundations in 3D for the first time would be insteresting. What are his foundations? Rolling on curved slopes to gain speed, and running to keep momentum. Check Sonic GDK's Green Hill Paradise to get a taste of what I'm asking from SEGA. =)

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

@Valkeerie said:

@MirkoS77 said:

I don't get this statement. Is 2D the only thing it would go back to? Because they already tried with Sonic 4 Ep.1 and 2, and with Classic Sonic on Generations. Pandering to nostalgia like that is not the best option, in my opinion, but using the classic Genesis games' foundations in 3D for the first time would be insteresting. What are his foundations? Rolling on curved slopes to gain speed, and running to keep momentum. Check Sonic GDK's Green Hill Paradise to get a taste of what I'm asking from SEGA. =)

The reason I say to its roots is speed. It doesn't translate well to 3D as has been proven time and time again.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

@MirkoS77: They could rip off an assassins creed like control, you can get a bit of speed free running in that. Amp the speed up a little it could work

polishkid99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#9 polishkid99
Member since 2007 • 4787 Posts

I think they should make retro styled sonice titles like shovelknight because the speed worked or drop the speed thing and add it for only select missions kinda on rails for 3d versions.

Other than that..just let nintendo buy it. Smash bros is the best game he's been in since classic sonic.

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By mastermetal777
Member since 2009 • 3236 Posts

3D speed doesn't translate well into great controls. Sonic needs to be reevaluated, but I'm still not sure how.

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21700 Posts

This is what I want: For 2D, use the Sonic 3 & Knuckles' engine, or the Retro engine that Christopher Whitehead made for the Sonic 1,2, and CD remakes. For 3D, continue with the Generations' formula, but add the parkour elements from Lost World. In any case, I think Sonic Team knows how to do gameplay, but not so much level design. I'm hoping they show improvement from Lost World to the next "real" Sonic installment, so I'm looking forward to that game in 2015/16.

In regards to Sonic Boom, I knew that was going to be a train wreck from the start, plus it was just a spinoff with TV show tie-ins, similar to how Sonic Spinball and Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine were. It's just too bad that it's brought back in full force the "Sonic died on the Genesis, Sonic was never good" and all that other crap from people that aren't even fans of the series.

Avatar image for Jolt_counter119
Jolt_counter119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Jolt_counter119
Member since 2010 • 4226 Posts

@mastermetal777 said:

3D speed doesn't translate well into great controls. Sonic needs to be reevaluated, but I'm still not sure how.

I thought it worked fine in Adventure 1,2. They just need better level design and controls where speed is emphasized in specific segments like the levels in Sonic and the Secret Rings.

hxce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 593

#13 hxce
Member since 2006 • 2099 Posts

@thehig1 said:

@MirkoS77: They could rip off an assassins creed like control, you can get a bit of speed free running in that. Amp the speed up a little it could work

Haha yeah that would be cool. I've never liked Sonic in the 3D universe but perhaps this could work.

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 172

#14 TAMKFan
Member since 2004 • 33350 Posts

Sonic Colors and Sonic Generations were great games. I'm hoping they could just do another game like those. More 2D Sonic games that feels closer to the Genesis games than Sonic 4 would be nice too.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#15 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

It just needs more Co-Op !

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts

Give him a break and bring him back in 20-30 years or so.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 judaspete  Online
Member since 2005 • 7259 Posts

Make more games like Colors and Generations.

joe_b1_kenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#18 joe_b1_kenobi
Member since 2007 • 849 Posts

Kill it!!! Kill it with fire!!!!

Or on a more serious note, give it to a development team who know what they're doing. If its going to be nintendo exclusive then why not give it to retro or something.

pook99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 pook99
Member since 2014 • 915 Posts

Sonic should just go away, sonic was never that great to begin with, and with the exception of a few gems, most of the sonic games have been average to terrible.

The only way sonic will ever survive is if he is sold to a competent developer(preferably Nintendo) or leased out to competent developers(like they did with the sonic rpg for ds)

YukoAsho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#20 YukoAsho
Member since 2004 • 3737 Posts

More than anything, I think Sega needs to pick a Sonic style and stick to it.

The series has been re-tooled so many times that every generation of Sonic fans has something radically different they want from the franchise. Boom is just the latest in a long line of shakeups as Sega tries to figure out how to please so many different people at one time.

At the very least, Sega needs to commit to quality control. With Sonic Boom, they seem to have slipped back into the Sonic 06 days of shipping the game whether or not it's ready. That's a problem that had at least been lessened in the post-06 era, and seeing Sega going back to old habits is disheartening.

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts

Sonic adventure 3 with some good devs.

Sonic adventure 1 was one of the only good sonic games, you can spin dash spam to go really fast and it controls well.

SA2 was mediocre because it made you play as the other characters, no spin dash spamming, lolstory, lolshadow.

Sonic generations has no gameplay, so any new game similar isn't worth playing.

Hatiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Hatiko
Member since 2006 • 4669 Posts

Am I the only one that didn't get the speed in the old games? I would get speed for 2 seconds and then run into spikes and all of my rings would fly out.

waffleboy22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#23  Edited By waffleboy22
Member since 2013 • 305 Posts

i hope i'm not walking myself toward a firing squad here, but I agree with some people that it may be time to move on from sonic. I loved a lot of sonic games, but I really think it might just be time for the devs and publisher to let it go try a new IP

TheHighWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 TheHighWind
Member since 2003 • 5724 Posts

There was this one fun sonic game that some guy made for computer, it was built using the DOOM engine! I really liked it and thought if they made a main stream game like this I would buy it!

wiouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By wiouds
Member since 2004 • 6233 Posts

Make a way to make the Sonic game work in 3D or just stop.

rrodriguez0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#26  Edited By rrodriguez0
Member since 2014 • 28 Posts

Sonic is a kind of bitch being used to sell a famous name in sometimes really terrible games. I just like Sonic's genesis collection. But some friends used to like Sonic racing (or something with a name like this).