What newer games give you a nostalgic feeling?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Zuon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Zuon
Member since 2008 • 505 Posts

A while back, I was browing the Steam store, and I came across Life is Strange. I didn't know anything about it, but I felt strangely impelled to click on the logo. I looked at the screenshots and immediately bought it, all 5 episodes - I didn't even watch the trailer. And even though it takes place in a very modern era, the setting gives me a feeling that I'm living my own life a few years back, when skateboarding was "cool" and I spent the weekends playing demo discs with my best friend on my PS1 and his original XBOX.

So my question to you is, are there any newer video games out there (say, from 2006 and up) that give you the feeling of an era that has long since passed you by?

It doesn't have to be just the setting. It could also be a game that has certain mechanics that are underused by developers in this day and age. Any thoughts?

tatman87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 tatman87
Member since 2015 • 227 Posts

I got quite the nostalgia rush from Axiom Verge, of course, it's supposed to play and feel like a retro game. Pretty much any of the Souls games, they require experimentation, exploration and lack of explanation, which is very reminiscent of old games.

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 2

#3 mastermetal777
Member since 2009 • 3236 Posts

The Souls games and Bloodborne remind me of the NES and SNES days. So did Wolfenstein: The New Order, as it reminded me of the early FPS era.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

@mastermetal777 said:

The Souls games and Bloodborne remind me of the NES and SNES days. So did Wolfenstein: The New Order, as it reminded me of the early FPS era.

Yeah this is what I was going to say.