This topic is locked from further discussion.
- Member Since: April 20, 2011
- Posts: 110
- Member Since: December 7, 2013
- Posts: 351
- Member Since: December 21, 2008
- Posts: 21611
- Member Since: July 9, 2012
- Posts: 353
- Member Since: October 23, 2004
- Posts: 2431
- Member Since: November 19, 2013
- Posts: 1069
- Member Since: January 1, 2014
- Posts: 48
- Member Since: June 4, 2002
- Posts: 2544
CoD2 and CoD4.
CoD2 brought me to the HD era on the 360 and it was the first real FPS multiplayer that I spent a lot of time with. It was fun and simple.
I prefer the modern era of CoD4. So that was great when it released. The multiplayer was tons of fun, and leveling up and having perks was actually pretty damn cool.
Every CoD after that, to me, has been a rehash of CoD4, even though the settings changed. And after a while, I just got bored of it.
- Member Since: October 14, 2004
- Posts: 12543
COD 1 and COD 4. more COD4
they are also the only two CODs i have played. what i saw at E3 for COD 5 put me off the series. i also have 0 interest in the MP side so that doesnt help.
in saying that if activision released a collection of all the CODs up to the latest one for the usual game price i would probably nab it. they can be good for some mindless action from time to time.
- Member Since: December 12, 2013
- Posts: 419
- Member Since: December 3, 2008
- Posts: 5201
I know I'm in the minority, but World at War was my favorite, namely because it was my first FPS basically and pretty much my first online game. I've also enjoyed its campaign more than other Call of Duty's. In hindsight, the online probably wasn't spectacular, but it's one of the few games I spend 200+ hours on.
- Member Since: April 2, 2010
- Posts: 1334
- Member Since: November 6, 2003
- Posts: 16949
- Member Since: June 8, 2011
- Posts: 3652
- Member Since: April 16, 2005
- Posts: 5483
- Member Since: December 22, 2013
- Posts: 17
@@I feel like the one I played the most and the very first one I played was Call of Duty: 2. It's a great game and I still play it on PC to this day because I have no life at all but still the game is a master piece. I like other Call of Duty games but my favorite, considering I love everything based on WWII, that's the game for me. And Jimmy_Russel, ha love your comment!
- Member Since: February 20, 2013
- Posts: 476
- Member Since: December 26, 2013
- Posts: 146
CoDs 1-3 were fun.
I'd say Modern Warfare 2 is the best. It peaked in the series with the best gameplay and maps when I played it at a friend's house. Black Ops 2 was not much different other than the Zombie mode (which got old).
I watched some YouTube walkthroughs of CoD 4, and it seems to have the best story with the most realistic and simplistic weapons which is just lovable -- as it reminds me of Counter Strike which revolves around a simple combat formula which made it lovable.
But I much prefer classic Halo games (like Reach) over CoD, any day of my lifetime.
- Member Since: December 2, 2006
- Posts: 5466
- Member Since: March 16, 2006
- Posts: 10135
- Member Since: June 10, 2007
- Posts: 6851
- Member Since: September 24, 2005
- Posts: 4314