What is your favorite turn based strategy game?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

chaosclown17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 chaosclown17
Member since 2010 • 307 Posts

What is your favorite turn based strategy game? My favorite is Fire Emblem Path of Radiance for the GameCube. Not my first experience with genre but the first one I really understood. Plus the whole Fire Emblem series is laden with amazing stories. Not to mention they can be punishingly difficult or amazingly easy. They have amazing amounts of replay-ability, and the permanent death is an added challenge.

The best one I've played recently is X-Com Enemy Unknown for the Xbox 360. It has a few issues but I still love it.

TheLoneMortal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 TheLoneMortal
Member since 2011 • 135 Posts

Currently for me, it's Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri.

Morfessa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#3 Morfessa
Member since 2005 • 854 Posts

--

My favourite turn-based strategy game is "Ultimate Domain"

Currently for me, it's Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri.

TheLoneMortal

@TheLoneMortal: that's a big thumbs up! Alpha Centauri is excellent. :)

jorhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 jorhead
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Its an old one but its Called PTO(pacific theatre of operations) loved that game.
krbrown10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 krbrown10
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts

Without a doubt Civilization 3 ...can't beat the difficulty or the sheer pride of turning a settler into a world dominating government.

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#6 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
Alpha Centauri and civ 2 are my favourites.
Teo_Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Teo_Fan
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

Alpha Centauri, Galactic Civilizations II, Heroes IV, Disciples II, Age of Wonders II, Warlords IV, Etherlords II, Imperialism, Battle Isle 2, Master of Magic, Master of Orion II Incubation, Worms 2, Warhammer 40000: Final Liberation, Panzer General II... just to name a few :P

Blackhawk_616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Blackhawk_616
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Its an old one but its Called PTO(pacific theatre of operations) loved that game.jorhead
I played many many hours of P.T.O. II on Super NES. Love that game. My favorite is Final Fantasy Tactics.
norabbitnofun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#9 norabbitnofun
Member since 2005 • 247 Posts
1 - Fire Emblem (the 7th entry in the series, but the first to be translated), because it really got me into TBS games that much with its story. ;) although I agree path of Radiance is the best executed Fire emblem ever. If i was allowed more choices... 2 - Panzer General. Oh my, did I play this game!!! Rugged deense! 3 - Final Liberation: it does not look like much, but it was fun. and no new Warhammer turn based game has reached its level of excellence, despise a lot of investment in the graphics department. And since you can play the Orcs... Waaaarg! 4 - Zone of the Enders: The Fist of Mars (on the GBA) is a game I really enjoyed too! It is a little more on the simplistic side of the equation, but I liked the story and the humour that is overall present. 5 - Super Robot Wars - Original Generations (on the GBA still). Man, it's got giant robots, heroes, a great story that you already partly know of and anime style - do I really need to say more? ;)