what is your favorite mario game ever made ?

  • 70 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Edited by Dennysinny (296 posts) -

as of right now what game would you pick ?

mines is paper mario ( nintendo 64 version) and i like the gamecube one as well tho.....

( didnt like the wii version )

#2 Posted by spike6958 (5029 posts) -

Super Mario Sunshine. I don't know why, something about the setting and the horrendous voice acting gave the game a weird charm, plus the flood-less levels are some of the hardest in Mario history.

#3 Posted by Behardy24 (5324 posts) -

I haven't played all the Mario games in the world just yet, but I too dig the paper mario game.

#4 Posted by Dennysinny (296 posts) -

@spike6958 said:

Super Mario Sunshine. I don't know why, something about the setting and the horrendous voice acting gave the game a weird charm, plus the flood-less levels are some of the hardest in Mario history.

i love super mario sunshine... but to be honest....... i never beated the whole game.. but i played for fun tho lol !!

#5 Posted by Chozofication (3692 posts) -

Luigi's mansion, if that counts.

#6 Posted by Chatch09 (619 posts) -

Super Mario 64 is hands down my favorite game of all time.

#7 Posted by Dennysinny (296 posts) -

@Chozofication said:

Luigi's mansion, if that counts.

man ! that game is pretty cool !

#8 Edited by Justin_G (200 posts) -

Yoshi's Island 2

the levels, the design, the art and graphics all hit home for me. PS: Sunshine is sometimes underrated though. i mean, it was a great game, despite it being so different, but when is that ever a bad thing? as long as it's good... i mean, Sunshine has got to be the most original Mario game ever made. along with Luigi's Mansion (criminal underrated)

#9 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (6875 posts) -

Mario Sunshine

#12 Posted by torenojohn7 (415 posts) -

Super Mario 3

#14 Posted by Jimmy_Russell (976 posts) -

Super Mario Bros. 3

#16 Edited by jasean79 (2375 posts) -

Super Mario 2. It was such a mindfvck of a game, like the developers were high on some type of illegal narcotic while creating it. The music was addicting too.

#17 Posted by Born_Lucky (1640 posts) -

@torenojohn7 said:

Super Mario 3

Nothing else even comes close.

#18 Edited by Renegade_Fury (17448 posts) -

Probably, Super Mario Bros. Out of all the Mario games, it's the one I come back the most often to.

#19 Posted by Pedro (21362 posts) -

@torenojohn7 said:

Super Mario 3

This game was the most memorable immediately followed by Super Mario World. Both games were equally great.

#20 Edited by mattykovax (22693 posts) -

Super Mario 64. Followed by world I think.

#21 Posted by Dennysinny (296 posts) -

@stevenhearnn:

@Born_Lucky said:

@torenojohn7 said:

Super Mario 3

Nothing else even comes close.

nothing comes close ??? i disagree ..... i liked the original but that it just way outdated ... you have to admit... super smash bros super mario sunshine and mario 64 was pretty damn good lol

#22 Posted by Flubbbs (3495 posts) -

Super Mario World

#23 Posted by Dennysinny (296 posts) -

@Flubbbs: the first one?

#24 Edited by huerito323 (1380 posts) -

It's a toss up between Super Mario Bros 3 and 64.

#25 Posted by Flubbbs (3495 posts) -

@dennysinny said:

@Flubbbs: the first one?

didnt know there was any other Super Mario World , but yes the first

#26 Edited by Bigboi500 (30828 posts) -

Platformer: Super Mario Galaxy 2

RPG: Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

Racer: Mario Kart DS

#27 Edited by Toxic-Seahorse (4313 posts) -

@spike6958 said:

Super Mario Sunshine. I don't know why, something about the setting and the horrendous voice acting gave the game a weird charm, plus the flood-less levels are some of the hardest in Mario history.

Same here. I loved Sunshine. The fludd made the game different and fun. It was such a creative and unique concept and we rarely see such things these days. Also, yeah some of those fluddless levels were insanely difficult. Fun and rage-inducing at the same time! :P

As fun as the galaxy games were, they just never seemed as good at Sunshine. I don't know what it was, probably the mostly linear levels and easier difficulty, but they weren't nearly as fun to me as Sunshine was.

#28 Posted by Archangel3371 (16121 posts) -

I would say Super Mario Galaxy 2 but I have yet to play the Wii U games so they could be contenders.

#29 Posted by Stinger78 (5826 posts) -

@stevenhearnn said:

Super Mario World. The first game I ever played, though, was the original Super Mario Bros. game for NES. I think I love Super Mario World is because me and my best friend growing up played it so dang much, trying to find all the secrets and hidden places and things. I believe we succeeded, too.

Super Mario Bros was also my first Mario game, and will be one of my favorites because of that. With Super Mario World, it's similar here, with friends and family playing it with me. We had to keep trying to get all 96 exits - and some of those Special Star Road worlds were almost impossible :)

#30 Posted by torenojohn7 (415 posts) -

@dennysinny said:

@stevenhearnn:

@Born_Lucky said:

@torenojohn7 said:

Super Mario 3

Nothing else even comes close.

nothing comes close ??? i disagree ..... i liked the original but that it just way outdated ... you have to admit... super smash bros super mario sunshine and mario 64 was pretty damn good lol

Outdated? its one of the best side scrolling games ever made! i didn't even own a Nintendo console and yet i remember playing Mario games on a PC..

I just don't like 3d mario games.. they just don't feel right.

#31 Posted by Heirren (18631 posts) -

@spike6958 said:

Super Mario Sunshine. I don't know why, something about the setting and the horrendous voice acting gave the game a weird charm, plus the flood-less levels are some of the hardest in Mario history.

It is very difficult to choose. Literally every core Mario title is an excellent game.

But to Sunshine...I just started this game for the 3rd time. I here what you're saying; it has this 80s charm to it. In ways it feels more "Mario" than the newer stuff--I'm rather surprised it is so disliked amongst fans. It certainly is the most underrated mario title.

...its also got some of the best music of the series.

#32 Edited by Dennysinny (296 posts) -

@torenojohn7 said:

@dennysinny said:

@stevenhearnn:

@Born_Lucky said:

@torenojohn7 said:

Super Mario 3

Nothing else even comes close.

nothing comes close ??? i disagree ..... i liked the original but that it just way outdated ... you have to admit... super smash bros super mario sunshine and mario 64 was pretty damn good lol

Outdated? its one of the best side scrolling games ever made! i didn't even own a Nintendo console and yet i remember playing Mario games on a PC..

I just don't like 3d mario games.. they just don't feel right.

i mean it is kinda outdated bro.... super mario 3?? naw.... man i like it but its way to outdated to me... i mean i dont even like the new mario games either but atleast say mario sunshine or mario 64 lol....

#33 Posted by Glitter (355 posts) -

It either be Mario Kart 8 or Super Mario 3D World if I ever got a chance to play them, I never got a chance to own one single Mario video game.

#34 Posted by torenojohn7 (415 posts) -

@dennysinny said:

@torenojohn7 said:

@dennysinny said:

@stevenhearnn:

@Born_Lucky said:

@torenojohn7 said:

Super Mario 3

Nothing else even comes close.

nothing comes close ??? i disagree ..... i liked the original but that it just way outdated ... you have to admit... super smash bros super mario sunshine and mario 64 was pretty damn good lol

Outdated? its one of the best side scrolling games ever made! i didn't even own a Nintendo console and yet i remember playing Mario games on a PC..

I just don't like 3d mario games.. they just don't feel right.

i mean it is kinda outdated bro.... super mario 3?? naw.... man i like it but its way to outdated to me... i mean i dont even like the new mario games either but atleast say mario sunshine or mario 64 lol....

I don't get what you mean by "outdated"? mario 64's graphics&mechanics are way more outdated to me.. at least super Mario world&Super mario 3's graphics is still decent.

I've played tons of platforming games in 3d so really mario galaxy&sunshine doesn't really impress me that much especially with its minimalistic approach.

Paper mario,superstar saga&mario RPG are way more fun that these 3d platforming games.

#35 Edited by Old_Gooseberry (3955 posts) -

I stopped playing Mario games after Super Mario World on snes. So i have a limited amount of games to pick from....

But my favourite probably is Super Mario 3 on the nes.

#36 Edited by gundamalt (0 posts) -

@dennysinny: Super Mario for the Super NES

#37 Edited by dovberg (3348 posts) -

For a long time I'd say super mario bros 2. Honestly Super Mario 3d Land beat it for that in my book, but then world beat it. Nintendo first party atm is amazing, but it kinda needs to be too.

#38 Posted by vicky_john1 (224 posts) -

I usually play all kinds of mario games and I love playing mario kart.. its fun and addictive....

#39 Posted by Dennysinny (296 posts) -

@torenojohn7 said:

@dennysinny said:

@torenojohn7 said:

@dennysinny said:

@stevenhearnn:

@Born_Lucky said:

@torenojohn7 said:

Super Mario 3

Nothing else even comes close.

nothing comes close ??? i disagree ..... i liked the original but that it just way outdated ... you have to admit... super smash bros super mario sunshine and mario 64 was pretty damn good lol

Outdated? its one of the best side scrolling games ever made! i didn't even own a Nintendo console and yet i remember playing Mario games on a PC..

I just don't like 3d mario games.. they just don't feel right.

i mean it is kinda outdated bro.... super mario 3?? naw.... man i like it but its way to outdated to me... i mean i dont even like the new mario games either but atleast say mario sunshine or mario 64 lol....

I don't get what you mean by "outdated"? mario 64's graphics&mechanics are way more outdated to me.. at least super Mario world&Super mario 3's graphics is still decent.

I've played tons of platforming games in 3d so really mario galaxy&sunshine doesn't really impress me that much especially with its minimalistic approach.

Paper mario,superstar saga&mario RPG are way more fun that these 3d platforming games.

64 is out dated... super mario 3 is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy outdated lol ..... how it doesnt impress you ???????????? what sunshine doesnt????????????????? wow so your saying you do not like mario 64 either??????

#40 Edited by torenojohn7 (415 posts) -

@dennysinny said:

64 is out dated... super mario 3 is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy outdated lol ..... how it doesnt impress you ???????????? what sunshine doesnt????????????????? wow so your saying you do not like mario 64 either??????

mario 64 has ugly polygon graphics and clunky controls by today's standards whereas Super mario world and mario 3 has beautiful 2d graphics with tight controls.

Eww.. i can Count all the polygons on screen.

Classic 2d cartoonish platformer! never gets old!

I just don't like 3d mario games...

#41 Edited by Treflis (11766 posts) -

As a plattform game I'm gonna have to go with Mario Bros 3 after some heavy consideration.

Truth to be told, I haven't really played a Mario game I've disliked so far.

#42 Posted by Dennysinny (296 posts) -

@torenojohn7 said:

@dennysinny said:

64 is out dated... super mario 3 is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy outdated lol ..... how it doesnt impress you ???????????? what sunshine doesnt????????????????? wow so your saying you do not like mario 64 either??????

mario 64 has ugly polygon graphics and clunky controls by today's standards whereas Super mario world and mario 3 has beautiful 2d graphics with tight controls.

Eww.. i can Count all the polygons on screen.

Classic 2d cartoonish platformer! never gets old!

I just don't like 3d mario games...

and this picture prove 64 looks much better to me... i just liked the 64 gameplay better.. you can do way more stuff.... im sorry but i guess super mario 3 is for much older generation i like the game but it still remains the fact of a basic jump jump game.. im not really into that anymore they have plenty of games like that..... maybe i out grew super mario 3 i like older games but not this old ill still play the game for fun everynow and then but 64 just better for a lot of reasons

#43 Posted by blamix99 (2547 posts) -

mine is probably Super Mario World 1991, cause i still play it on my PC once in a while

#44 Edited by Dennysinny (296 posts) -

@blamix99 said:

mine is probably Super Mario World 1991, cause i still play it on my PC once in a while

wow you must be pretty old lol

#45 Posted by bruno_fmenedes (547 posts) -

My top 5 Mario games that I've played (never played a Mario game on the NES or the WiiU):

1. Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii-2010)
2. Super Mario World (SNES-1991;GBA-2002)
3. Super Mario All-Stars (SNES-1993)
4. Super Mario Galaxy (Wii-2007)
5. Super Mario 64 (N64-1996)

#46 Posted by The_Last_Ride (74204 posts) -

Mario Kart 64

#47 Posted by mooooo99 (1250 posts) -

that's a tough one.. super mario land on the game boy was awesome.. super mario bros 2 on the nes was a classic as well.. then theres mario 64, mario sunshine, mario kart double dash and mario galaxy..

i could probably narrow it down to 3 in no order mario kart double dash, mario sunshine and mario 64

#48 Posted by benleslie5 (7958 posts) -

Super Mario Land 2

#49 Edited by Dennysinny (296 posts) -

@benleslie5 said:

Super Mario Land 2

out of all of them ?

#50 Posted by blamix99 (2547 posts) -

@dennysinny said:

@blamix99 said:

mine is probably Super Mario World 1991, cause i still play it on my PC once in a while

wow you must be pretty old lol

LOL im 24 years old, i started gaming when i was 3