What is the general consensus of this gen of gaming so far?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

psx2514

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By psx2514
Member since 2008 • 425 Posts

I'm just wondering if the way I feel about it is the same as the way most other gamers feel about it.

From these responses, it seems to me that all of you don't know what "general consensus" is. General consensus is what the majority of a group thinks of something. I'm not asking how YOU feel about gaming this gen. I'm asking about how the general gaming public feels about gaming this gen, hence general consensus.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

Amazing, it isn't the biggest step I've seen but what was people expecting, it's not like the jump was from standard def to high def like last time, I think it's a nice continuation of last gen and games look and run alot smoother so i'm happy, the games haven't turned up yet but this is always the case and actually in reality we have so many games already out, i don't even understand some people, they must be the one's who just want AAA all the time, but that's not how launches work it takes time. But we are getting all third party games coming out for all platforms so that's good and we have a great year next year.

The whole next gen gameplay people seem to crave for is, a myth, i mean how much more can be done with a controller what hasn't already been perfected, the only thing left is the animations to get better and the A.I for me needs to drastically improve to a more human state, Take TLOU for instances, you have hardly any ammo, but you get spotted and the first thing the enemy does is shoot, for me this needs to stop and a more realistic approach needs to happen, enemies need to have limited ammo to, I want a knew way of defeating enemies in games like this a more natural approach, maybe a knife fight or even a bargaining tool, and i want them to stop making out everyone you meet is an enemy, if I have no beef with situation people then I want it to act out that way and not just a dogfight each time, that's what next gen needs to be for me,

Everything else is great and so do near 20 million people all over the world counting Wii U, Xbox One, PS4 owners, I mean PS4 is the fastest selling console ever, even better than PS2, that must say something.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#3  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19543 Posts

I'm not too fond of this generation, nor the previous generation. I loved the SNES, PS1 and PS2 eras a lot more.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10436 Posts

it's all been rather underwhelming up to now. no real flagship, system selling games for either xbox one or ps4, so far. pc gaming still technically miles ahead of both. and i don't like this new trend of remaking old games which we're seeing, reminds me of the endless vapid remixes and remakes in the mainstream music and film industries.

but tbf it's early days yet

udUbdaWgz1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6 udUbdaWgz1
Member since 2014 • 633 Posts

the end of the last generation and this generation has resulted in the 360 being the last console i buy and my return to pc gaming for the future.

i am always stocking my 360 (and, original) gaming library and have enough games to play until the day i die. if i need some new game it'll be on the pc.

perhaps, years from now i'll buy the current consoles and games for bargain prices.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44161 Posts

Been quiite good so far for me. I only have an Xbox One but already I have at least 15 games ranging from excellent to good plus I really dig the extra functionality of the system. Things are just starting to pick up with Destiny, Halo Collection, NHL '15, Dragon Age Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, Quantum Break, Evolve, and Batman Arkham Knight just to name a few. This should be a fantastic gen.

Avatar image for notorious1234na
Notorious1234NA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Notorious1234NA
Member since 2014 • 1917 Posts

too early to tell.......

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Same as it was last time. It sucks until we see more local multiplayer, Alot more !

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 2

#10 mastermetal777
Member since 2009 • 3236 Posts

I'm indifferent until I see more games. I'm really liking the social direction they're going with the consoles, but I'd rather see less emphasis on graphics resolution and framerate, and focus a little more on aesthetic appeal and great gameplay. As for now, I have no opinion as it's still too early to tell anything.

Doozie78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 Doozie78
Member since 2014 • 1123 Posts

It's almost a complete non-starter really. Nothing noteworthy in any of the three camps that I've see up to this point. Thankfully we don't have to rely only on them.

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#12 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts

Still to early to tell.

So far, it's been delays after delays with a Q4 that's packed with more games than I want to spend on in money and time. While the rest of the year I play my backlog and indie/downloadable games..

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#13 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

What i am getting is the lack of games so far

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#14  Edited By Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts
@psx2514 said:

I'm just wondering if the way I feel about it is the same as the way most other gamers feel about it.

From these responses, it seems to me that all of you don't know what "general consensus" is. General consensus is what the majority of a group thinks of something. I'm not asking how YOU feel about gaming this gen. I'm asking about how the general gaming public feels about gaming this gen, hence general consensus.

People know what a general consensus means; however, how am I suppose to tell you the mass opinion of others without running a census or what have you? I and everyone else can only tell you their individual opinions, the collective of which can help form a general consensus. This thread therefore can help gather that information, but an individual in the thread cannot tell you it without some form of reference/data to back up their claim which I'm fairly certain most would not care to do.

It would appear people are excited for this generation. I say this due to the rate at which next generation consoles are selling; however, my overall feelings are indifference at the moment. There is no reason for me to buy a console when I have a huge backlog of games to buy and play from previous generations. I'm excited for the future of this generation, possibly two or three years down the road, but I'm content with not owning any next gen consoles when there are brilliant games like Killer 7 that I need to beat.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10436 Posts

@psx2514 said:

it's your job to decide the general consensus from the replies you get you idiot

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#16  Edited By deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

@psx2514 said:

"Quick guys, you have 2 seconds to tell me how everyone feels about a certain topic...ok...GO!"

You're a funny guy =P

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#17  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19543 Posts

@psx2514 said:

Why did you add that pointless edit for?

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#18 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I'm happy with this gen so far some decent games and even more on the horizon.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19  Edited By ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

same old crap