What is the biggest glitch you've ever encountered?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dylandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#1 dylandr
Member since 2015 • 4940 Posts

Mine would be in battlefield, being a flying head without a hitbox :p

Avatar image for deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
deactivated-5bda06edf37ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
Member since 2010 • 4675 Posts

Big Rigs

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

I'm sure more will come to mind after posting but the one at the top of my head is where the game would crash on Starcraft if anyone (including you) was looking at a drone that quickly canceled the construction of a creep colony. When first discovered it was a really cheap way to defeat your opponents.

Avatar image for Smashbrossive50
Smashbrossive50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4  Edited By Smashbrossive50
Member since 2009 • 3915 Posts

@dylandr: I'm back...

on topic: Sonic 06..didn't know it existed,right? I had this played in a friend's house years ago,both my friend and I got disappointed because the gameplay and controls seemed rushed..should've had it delayed back then,otherwise I won't mention it

in summary: the upside is that Silver's story is the most outstanding behind Shadow's imho,and certain soundtracks too.

the downside...gameplay,controls,and last story's move that made Elise kiss Sonic than holding his hand to turn him to Super Sonic.

overall verdict: glitchy mess in gameplay experience and clunky controls

dylandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#5 dylandr
Member since 2015 • 4940 Posts

@Smashbrossive50: ever stood still inside one of the loops?

you will negate gravity

Smashbrossive50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Smashbrossive50

I know,weird laws of physics,if you're at the top of the loop,you're supposed to drop down,not strapped to it,Sonic doesn't use gravity shoes for running

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#7 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

I'd say the latest two games that have provided the biggest glitches are Batman Arkham Origins and Uncharted 2

Batman Arkham Origins: The game has frozen on me more than once and there's been terrible glitches where an enemy in a stealth section gets stuck in a walk loop in one spot. You can't take him out unless you use explosive gel a few time to blow him out of that cycle. This has happened several times.

Uncharted 2: My first play through of this game provided me with a good number of very big glitches

-The first time I encounter the monsters in the ice cave and have to escape at the very end, one of the monsters pound me into the ground. At this point half of my body is glitched through the floor and I can't move.

-At a point where I tried to engage an enemy on a narrow bridge in hand to hand combat, we both go through the cinematic fight sequence of punching and dodging as usual. However, when it was done, the animations ended with us standing on thin air and so we both fell to our deaths.

-When fighting the blue guys near the end, there was one that was walking on an invisible ground about 15 feet above the real ground.

-This next glitch happens every single time. At the part where the bad guys are fighting the monsters, if you try to engage the shot gun guy coming up the steps towards you on your left in hand to hand combat, both you and your opponent's hands start flailing nonsensically at hyper speed for as long as you keep hitting the attack button. During this state, neither of you can land a hit, but if you stop pressing attack, he punches. If you try to hit the attack button again, the same oddity occurs.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

This glitch was pretty big and unexpected. So basically I was playing GTA IV on the PS3 a long time ago just messing around with cheats and killing people and whatnot. After a while, cars and people were falling through certain parts of the map- myself included. It was hilarious and I have no idea what triggered it, but it never really went away and it kept following me as I moved around the city. I'd never experienced anything like that in this game, so I just thought it was kind of bizarre.

Smashbrossive50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Smashbrossive50

@SoNin360: in the world of GTA,glitches are not meant to be taken seriously,maybe it's a part of fan service...before I stopped playing the game,I visited the famous swing glitch,to see where it would take me...and there are chances your car either explode or busted its engine after the glitch is performed,and luckily it's a no surprise this thing is also found in the MP,which is way more fun to execute than it is in the story mode(it's a waste of money for doing such)

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

Original Hitman. A glitchy face of 47 scared the hell outta me.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56062 Posts

The glitchiest game I ever played was Enter the Matrix on PS2.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

I remember playing infamous 2, and during a qte with those ice giant things, cole's arms stretched out like he was mr. fantastic, but the qte still played out, it was hilarious

Actually it happened a lot lol

double_a73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 double_a73
Member since 2008 • 510 Posts

@davillain- said:

The glitchiest game I ever played was Enter the Matrix on PS2.

Wow, I can't believe I didn't think of this when I saw this thread

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#15 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

Age of Empires 2: The Age of Kings DS version.

Worst glitch I have EVER seen before in a game. Bought the game 3 times, and each time the game would randomly freeze on me, and then the game cartridge would simply cease working!!! Really frustrating because it was a pretty good game, too. Turn-based AoE, was great. But seriously, stay the hell away from that game, it is a terrible glitch.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

Eh, I haven't encountered that many glitches. Either that, or I just tend to forget about most of them because they don't really have much impact. I do have a couple of fairly recent examples, though.

1) While playing Shadow Warrior on the PS4, there were a few times when I just unexpectedly died. Like, I'd be at full health and no enemies around, and then just suddenly I'm dead. I don't know EXACTLY what triggers this glitch, but I think it has something to do with running down stairs. The majority of the time this happens, I've noticed that I've been running down the stairs. So then I did a playthrough where I made certain to always WALK down stairs, rather than run. And my "random death" rate went down, but I still died once or twice just WALKING down stairs. So...I still don't know what triggers the glitch. All I know is that it apparently has SOMETHING to do with stairs, and specifically involves going down stairs rather than up stairs. So if you play Shadow Warrior on the PS4 (and I recommend it if you don't play it on another platform, because it's a great game that deserves to be played), then just be VERY careful going down stairs.

Still, even that wasn't THAT bad. Since the glitch actually killed me, I was forced to reload the game and then the glitch typically didn't happen at the same spot.

2) WORST glitch I experienced in recent memory was in The Force Unleashed 2 on the PS3. I got to one segment and I couldn't progress. Everything looked normal, I knew where to go, but I absolutely couldn't figure out how to get there. I spent way too much time trying to figure it out, thinking I was just stupid. Then I finally went to Youtube and watched a playthrough video, and the problem was apparent. This was a platforming segment where I have to jump up various floating platforms in order to reach the goal. Problem is that one of the platforms in the video wasn't freaking there in the actual game. This rendered progression literally impossible, and there was no indication of a glitch because everything looked just normal. It looked exactly like it was supposed to look, with the sole exception that in the actual game one critical platform just wasn't there. THAT'S some bullshit. At least the Shadow Warrior glitch immediately indicated that a glitch was at play because that shit just made me randomly die for no reason. With the Force Unleashed 2 glitch, it doesn't kill you. Everything looks peachy, there's no indication that the game is glitching out. The only reason I knew it was a glitch at all was because I I got so frustrated that I resorted to watching Youtube videos to see how other people progressed.

Avatar image for the_master_race
the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#17 the_master_race
Member since 2015 • 5226 Posts

In Batman Arkham Origins there was this tower in the burnley district which I couldn't pass it's vent , that shit really got on my nerves

matt2790

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 95

User Lists: 6

#18  Edited By matt2790
Member since 2014 • 184 Posts

Biggest in what terms? Anyway, this is not probably the biggest but the funniest: I was was messing around the Wasteland on Fallout 3, when I saw a Giant Radscorpion flying across the sky.. immediately i said, WTF?

Then I just remembered I was playing Fallout 3..

neatfeatguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#19 neatfeatguy
Member since 2005 • 4400 Posts

Kids....you can't get around them, through to them or reason with them.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

#20 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

@Smashbrossive50 said:

@SoNin360: in the world of GTA,glitches are not meant to be taken seriously,maybe it's a part of fan service...before I stopped playing the game,I visited the famous swing glitch,to see where it would take me...and there are chances your car either explode or busted its engine after the glitch is performed,and luckily it's a no surprise this thing is also found in the MP,which is way more fun to execute than it is in the story mode(it's a waste of money for doing such)

I doubt the particular glitch I experienced was intentional, it just seemed like the game completely freaked out for whatever reason. I'm aware of the swingset glitch, but I guess it didn't come to mind since I didn't find out about it on my own.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

Tomb Raider Angel of Darkness (PS2):

I was in a level where you had to shimmy across a small outcropping on a building in downtown London. About halfway across the outcropping, Lara just started floating up. She floated all the way up and off the screen. I had to reset the system. That game was the biggest let down I've ever had in gaming and that's saying something considering that I've been gaming for nearly 28 years.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#22  Edited By xantufrog
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

I wish I could remember the game... I fell through the map, but I didn't just fall through the map - the whole engine went insane and I was in this neon neverland with random game assets from the true level popping in and out... it was off-the-hook game-breaking craziness

firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts

The first 3 generations of pokemon games all erased my save file at some point. And for my red version it happened multiple times.

firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts

@SOedipus said:

I'm sure more will come to mind after posting but the one at the top of my head is where the game would crash on Starcraft if anyone (including you) was looking at a drone that quickly canceled the construction of a creep colony. When first discovered it was a really cheap way to defeat your opponents.

What? I've never heard of this. Did they fix it early?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#25 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69411 Posts

The Dutchess in Dragon Age Inquisition. For some odd reason the game spawned two of her but only one was visible and defeatable. Because the second one was somewhere on the map that I could not access, I was unable to continue to the next section of the story so, I had to revert to a much much earlier save.