What is the best Fighting game ever?

• 103 results
Edited 4 months, 13 days ago

Poll: What is the best Fighting game ever? (65 votes)

Mortal Kombat 22%
Street Fighter 31%
Super Smash Bros. 5%
Tekken 20%
Marvel vs. Capcom 3%
Killer Instinct 0%
SoulCalibur 6%
BlazBlue 0%
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom 0%
Virtua Fighter 5%
WWF 2%
Dead or Alive 3%
WWE 0%
UFC 2%
Dragon Ball Z 3%

Please let me know what Fighting game franchise you think is the best ever on the poll.

Leave a comment on which game in particular you liked from the franchise. (eg. Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance on PS2)

#51 Posted by Nanomage (2419 posts) -

One Must Fall 2097.

#52 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (13680 posts) -

Huh.... Tekken and Street fighter are the top two..... I wish I could say I'm surprized, I really do... :(

#53 Posted by GH05T-666 (298 posts) -

Yeah, i kind of new Street Fighter would top it.

#54 Edited by 999777__Gengar (11 posts) -

Mine is dragon ballz budokai 3 and battle of z but I also like inustice,tekken, mortal kombat, street fighter, and soul calibur. Oh and def jam vendetta and defjam fight for new york.

#55 Edited by ojmstr (1175 posts) -

Could anyone explain how the basics of Dead Or Alive works?

#56 Posted by GH05T-666 (298 posts) -

I'm interested in the new DBZ fighting game.

#57 Edited by GH05T-666 (298 posts) -

I really thought more people would be voting Virtua Fighter

#58 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (13680 posts) -

@ojmstr

Its like Tekken or Virtua Fighter except you can counter attack your way out of a Combo.

#59 Posted by stevenhearnn (37 posts) -

@GH05T-666: Street Fighter

#60 Edited by humanistpotato (533 posts) -

street fighter 2 (dont know which edition] #neverforget i loved this when i was a kid

#61 Posted by judaspete (421 posts) -

@superbuuman said:

No King of Fighters?..must be a westerner. From poll I picked SF :P

Right? So many of these polls forget about SNK :(

My all time favorite fighting game is The Last Blade 2.

#62 Posted by judaspete (421 posts) -

@ojmstr said:

Could anyone explain how the basics of Dead Or Alive works?

It plays much like other 3D fighters, but there is a greater emphasis on counter moves. The stages are more interactive as well. Picture a less serious Virtua Fighter or a more serious Fighting Vipers, then add about 65% more boob.

#63 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (13680 posts) -

@judaspete

The Boob Simulator. :)

#64 Posted by GH05T-666 (298 posts) -

lol lots of Boobage in it is there?

#65 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (13680 posts) -

@GH05T-666

So much Boobage its distracting, its part of the game's difficulty.

#66 Posted by GH05T-666 (298 posts) -

haha

#67 Posted by GH05T-666 (298 posts) -

Street Fighter is great but I do love a good FATALITY from MK

#68 Posted by ojmstr (1175 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu: Thanks. I just checked the prize. If it was a little bit cheaper i would bought it just for fun, looks cool and alot of fun but tekken has more depth. Waiting for tekken 7 before i jump into to a fighting game again. I actually play tekken revolution from time to time though just for fun:) that tekken game has less depth than tekken tag 2 but its more fun:) Funfactor is important as well, but when tekken 7 comes out it will have all those factors i need for a fighting game to be perfect. Right now for me Tekken 6 is the best fighting game ever created. Tekken tag 2 is just a spin-off title as i mentioned earlyer. 1 vs 1 character is the way to go.

#69 Posted by jsmoke03 (12929 posts) -

easily tekken series. soo easy to get into, but sooo complex.

#70 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (13680 posts) -

@ojmstr

Tekken doesn't have more depth, its just harder to play.

#71 Posted by vicky_john1 (172 posts) -

wwf and mortal combat..

#72 Posted by Jag85 (4616 posts) -

Street Fighter Alpha 2. That was the fighting game that had me the most addicted back in the days.

#73 Posted by GH05T-666 (298 posts) -

Super Street Fighter 3 was great!

#74 Edited by GH05T-666 (298 posts) -

What was everyones favorite Mortal Kombat game?

#75 Posted by sukraj (23060 posts) -

I like the Dead or Alive series.

#76 Posted by AzatiS (7652 posts) -

Because fighting games are all about competitiveness ... Nothing can beat SF series on that. Solid gameplay elements and as deep as it gets for a 2D fighting game. For that alone is the king imho.

#77 Posted by Omega-316 (787 posts) -

If your going to add UFC then you should also add Fight Night.

#78 Posted by Marduke1913 (46 posts) -

I'm a Tekken man, love their combos Mortal K is obviously a classic and street fighter, they all bring differences that I appreciate and like to switch up

#79 Edited by Hizang (2808 posts) -

How can you miss out Injustice Gods Among Us! Mortal Kombat for real though..

#80 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (13680 posts) -

@Hizang

Injustice was sorely unbalanced. Those stage hazards broke that game big time.

#81 Posted by Jag85 (4616 posts) -

Seems a bit pointless listing WWE and WWF as separate franchises.

#82 Posted by torenojohn7 (315 posts) -

2D games = King of fighters,UMVC3,guilty gear,Samurai Shodown,Last blade 2,jojo's bizzare adventure,

3D games = Tekken and Virtua Fighter..

#83 Edited by _Judas_ (750 posts) -

Street Fighter 2 for SNES

#84 Posted by Maddie_Larkin (6561 posts) -

I would go with SF 2, any nearly any of the version of them as you would like. The reason why though? well. In my case because it was in the arcades and a fairly social experience, it was bright colourful and fastpaced.

#85 Posted by GH05T-666 (298 posts) -

No MK fans up in here?

#86 Posted by Treflis (11575 posts) -

None of them because all of them have a fan base that will proclaim their favorite series is the best, therefor none of them can be the best since it's all subjective.

If however the question was "Which of these series of fighting games do you favor and why?", then it's more likely you'll get the answers and discussions you want.

So with that question in mind, I favor Tekken but Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat and King of Fighters as close contenders to it.

#87 Posted by GH05T-666 (298 posts) -

Yeah I love Mortal Kombat but Street fighter is cool too.

#88 Posted by Notorious1234NA (856 posts) -

@Treflis: no....if you ignore the brand names and just look at game design, SF4 the best and is the best tuned.

#89 Edited by Treflis (11575 posts) -
@notorious1234na said:

@Treflis: no....if you ignore the brand names and just look at game design, SF4 the best and is the best tuned.

Which again is your opinion as there will be others who will disagree and point at something else they consider better.

#90 Posted by Notorious1234NA (856 posts) -

@Treflis: not really opinion.

SF series as you are well aware known to release and fix bugs. I'm specifically talking about how much tuning and tweaks the game gets compared to others that suffer from game ending bugs and infinities. Moreover, the series is played to death religiously enabling the devs to correct any balance issues as soon as it arises providing an balance competitive gameplay. The community feedback and support behind that game is unmatchable. Next would be the fact that Dead or Alive 5 is one of the most balanced fighting games right now as the victor is decided by mind games/ the skill of the player rather than the character. It is why that game does not have a lot of tier lists. By the way I voted for Soul Calibur cause its my favorite, but I'm not blind enough to ignore the TECHNICAL superior game design in other games. For example, COD is the most popular FPS on consoles, but Tom Clancy and ARMA2 are leagues ahead in game design due to their tactical game mechanics.

#91 Posted by Treflis (11575 posts) -

@notorious1234na said:

@Treflis: not really opinion.

SF series as you are well aware known to release and fix bugs. I'm specifically talking about how much tuning and tweaks the game gets compared to others that suffer from game ending bugs and infinities. Moreover, the series is played to death religiously enabling the devs to correct any balance issues as soon as it arises providing an balance competitive gameplay. The community feedback and support behind that game is unmatchable. Next would be the fact that Dead or Alive 5 is one of the most balanced fighting games right now as the victor is decided by mind games/ the skill of the player rather than the character. It is why that game does not have a lot of tier lists. By the way I voted for Soul Calibur cause its my favorite, but I'm not blind enough to ignore the TECHNICAL superior game design in other games. For example, COD is the most popular FPS on consoles, but Tom Clancy and ARMA2 are leagues ahead in game design due to their tactical game mechanics.

All well and I agree. But people will disagree and therefor it does eventually boil down to "I think this is the best because..."

It's the whole " Which is the best" that I find pointless because opinions will differ and it's frankly not a competition. Thus why I'd rather people say which one they favor and why instead of making it into some kind of goal to get the game you favor to be called "The best game" in a specific chategory.

#92 Edited by Notorious1234NA (856 posts) -

@Treflis: fair enough

#93 Posted by Randolph (10542 posts) -

Kabuki Warriors.

#94 Edited by trav_have (5610 posts) -

The ones I've played the most have to be Soul Calibur 2 and Super Smash Bros. Melee.

After that, another one I've played a lot is Mortal Kombat VS DC Universe.

#95 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (13680 posts) -

@Treflis

Actually you're half right, a vote will not determine which game is the best but with carefull analysis you can determine which of them is the best.

I made my case for DoA.

#96 Posted by GH05T-666 (298 posts) -

DoA is good

#97 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (13680 posts) -

@GH05T-666

DoA is Phenomenal ! :D

#98 Edited by ojmstr (1175 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu: Or maybe votes will determine the easyest and most casual fighter to get into in some cases ;-)

#99 Posted by serppower (8 posts) -

I think it's Tekken

#100 Edited by nyc05 (10183 posts) -

My favorite fighting game of all time is Mortal Kombat II. Oh the fond memories I have of spending weekends at the bowling alley playing the hell out of it with my friends. It was incredible.

Such good times.