What is the best choice about making a game...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Crash333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Crash333
Member since 2015 • 8 Posts

Hi gamers... so I have a simple question:

What should dictate of making a game (horror) the programmers or the story of the game... what I want to know if the programmers be the one to make choices of art design and story telling...

I'm new in game developing... and just curious about this order of doing theese kind of stuff..

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By mastermetal777
Member since 2009 • 3236 Posts

@crash333: programmers just allow the game to have rules, as well as building the various functions of the game and its parts through heavy problem solving. I know, I took a programming course last year before they removed it from my school. They build the structure of the game, put features to work, find and fix bugs, etc. Art designers and writers have very different jobs, but the programmer has to take their work and implement it into the game.

With horror it's tricky, because you have to basically create tension through the gameplay as well as the story. Same principles apply though; more problem solving is the key.

Crash333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Crash333
Member since 2015 • 8 Posts

@mastermetal777: I fully understand that... but what is bugging me is the fact that when we are trying to implement in the game the lead programmer it shut us down... and makes decisions that derails the game into static and boring story..

thanks for your answer.. and sorry that toked me so long :)

Avatar image for toocoolforschoo
toocoolforschoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 toocoolforschoo
Member since 2015 • 61 Posts

Story. Character Development like the drama and acting of the characters.The pacing and right order of suspense scenes and scary moments in the game.

wiouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 wiouds
Member since 2004 • 6233 Posts

For a horror game:

first make the game play boring and slow.

Then make the most worthless main character that is a joke.

Make a spooky area.

Lastly add in jump scares.

ps3hdalltime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6  Edited By ps3hdalltime
Member since 2012 • 427 Posts

Freedom of choice for combat/gameplay and a very good story. And if you have great graphics too you have an excellent game.