What is the best Castlevania game?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by carthanne (101 posts) -

Pure and simple

What be in your opinion the best game of any of the Castlevania brand

My opinion would be Aria of sorrow, for it's soul system, beautiful graphics, perfect difficulty, and great story(even for Castlevania standards)

#2 Posted by immrgoodguy (1206 posts) -

Personal Opinion? Well, then its a three-way tie between 3, Rondo of Blood, and Symphony of the Night.

#3 Posted by Legolas_Katarn (15555 posts) -
I haven't played the newer DS ones. I would say Symphony of the Night or whichever one that let you whip in all directions, on the Snes. Forgot the name
#4 Posted by Kuromino (1400 posts) -
I haven't played the newer DS ones. I would say Symphony of the Night or whichever one that let you whip in all directions, on the Snes. Forgot the nameLegolas_Katarn
That would be Super Castlevania IV. =)
#5 Posted by bigM10231 (11240 posts) -

sc4

#6 Posted by Rocky32189 (8996 posts) -
My favorites are Castlevania IV and Rondo of Blood.
#7 Posted by 3sFan (637 posts) -

My favorites are Castlevania IV and Rondo of Blood.Rocky32189

Did AVGN change your mind? I still think Symphony of the Night is better.

#8 Posted by Rocky32189 (8996 posts) -

[QUOTE="Rocky32189"]My favorites are Castlevania IV and Rondo of Blood.3sFan

Did AVGN change your mind? I still think Symphony of the Night is better.

Castlevania IV has been my favorite for a while. The controls, music, levels, etc are perfect. I only recently played Rondo of Blood and it is amazing. Probably better than Super Castlevania IV, but I need more time playing it to make that decision. I like the linear platforming games in the series better than the Metroid clones. I just like that type gameplay better. Also, I think Dawn of Sorrow is better than Symphony of the Night as far as the Metroid clone games go.
#9 Posted by NoQuarterGiven (461 posts) -

I'd have to say Circle of the Moon. It's given me the most replayability of any of the Caslevania games I've played and even after beating it about 10 times I still enjoy it.

#10 Posted by TriggerGear (154 posts) -

Super Castlevania IV

#11 Posted by garrett_duffman (10684 posts) -
so far from the ones ive beaten: -Aria of sorrow -Castlevania -Dawn of sorrow (they made everyone look like a fruitcake) -Harmony of dissonance -circle of the moon
#12 Posted by SOedipus (7007 posts) -

Symphony of the Night for me. It's one of my favorite games.

#13 Posted by unknown37 (5134 posts) -

Super Castlevania IV has always been my favorite of the Castlevania games, followed by Symphony of the Night and Bloodlines

#14 Posted by Megaman5364 (2912 posts) -

Symphony of the Night is just the bomb!

I also liked Rondo of Blood

#15 Posted by email2003 (3529 posts) -
Right now I've played Castlevania, Simon's Quest, Dracula's Curse, and Super Castlevania IV. Castlevania IV is so far my favorite. I'm currently playing Castlevania: Bloodlines on Genesis and soon afterwards I'll be playing Symphony of the Night on PS1.
#16 Posted by Aero5555 (1331 posts) -

Castlevania IV hands down is the best Castlevania to ever grace a console followed by SOTN close 2nd.

#17 Posted by KBFloYd (14675 posts) -

i played castlevania1...some simons quest,castlevania iv, and castlevania 64.

to me it seemed they just kept copying the original...my nostaligia says part1 was best... then iv then 64... i dont remember simons quest.

#18 Posted by tequilero (9331 posts) -

Super Castlevania IV for its graphics,music and everything else.