What is the BEST 'Battlefield' game?

Posted by Kevlar101 (6235 posts) 11 months, 11 days ago

Poll: What is the BEST 'Battlefield' game? (43 votes)

Battlefield 1942 9%
Battlefield: Vietnam 5%
Battlefield 2 19%
Battlefield 2142 12%
Battlefield: Bad Company 2%
Battlefield Heroes 0%
Battlefield 1943 0%
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 30%
Battlefield 3 21%
Battlefield 4 2%

In my opinion, the first Bad Company is the best military FPS ever made....so that is my vote :P

I recently bought Battlefield 3, expecting it's campaign to be on the same level of quality of BC2, but I am sorely disappointed so far. It feels more like a cross between Battlefield and COD, rather than completely Battlefield... I wonder if BF4's campaign is any better. Is it?

Additionally, how many of you really want to see Bad Company 3? I know I do.

#1 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (17233 posts) -

The Best Battlefield game is the one with Multiplayer !

#2 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (17233 posts) -

#3 Edited by Kevlar101 (6235 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu said:

#4 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (17233 posts) -

^ Is that RD Jr ^

What did you do to his face ? :o

you monster ! :(

#5 Edited by Behardy24 (5324 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu:

#6 Posted by mjorh (1109 posts) -

Battlefield 3 for me.

#7 Posted by Kevlar101 (6235 posts) -

@mjorh said:

Battlefield 3 for me.

Care to share your reasons?

#8 Posted by mjorh (1109 posts) -

@Kevlar101 said:

@mjorh said:

Battlefield 3 for me.

When it comes to battlefield , all i care about is multiplayer , BFBC2 was great and enjoyed the hell outta it and BF3 made it much more better by increasing the scale, adding new dimensions to the gameplay , all the diversity and map configurations has made BF3 such a compelling multiplayer experience. Since BF4 had some freaking problems i haven't got into it much but in summer it's time for that ...

One more thing to say is that i haven't played the games previous to BFBC2 so my opinion might not be worthy regarding the best Battlefield game.

#9 Posted by Kevlar101 (6235 posts) -

@mjorh said:

@Kevlar101 said:

@mjorh said:

Battlefield 3 for me.

When it comes to battlefield , all i care about is multiplayer , BFBC2 was great and enjoyed the hell outta it and BF3 made it much more better by increasing the scale, adding new dimensions to the gameplay , all the diversity and map configurations has made BF3 such a compelling multiplayer experience. Since BF4 had some freaking problems i haven't got into it much but in summer it's time for that ...

One more thing to say is that i haven't played the games previous to BFBC2 so my opinion might not be worthy regarding the best Battlefield game.

Considering that my internet is not fast enough for Xbox LIVE/Playstation Network, I cannot play online multiplayer. Huge bummer.

#10 Edited by mjorh (1109 posts) -

@Kevlar101 said:

@mjorh said:

@Kevlar101 said:

@mjorh said:

Battlefield 3 for me.

Considering that my internet is not fast enough for Xbox LIVE/Playstation Network, I cannot play online multiplayer. Huge bummer.

Which country you're living in?

Man we've got like the most wrecked internet (Iran) but i've played it with 120-150ping , it's much more harder but it's possible !

#11 Posted by CTR360 (7327 posts) -

bad company 2 for me

#12 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (9072 posts) -

Bad Company 2. The destruction was awesome.

#13 Edited by elkoldo (1376 posts) -

@Kevlar101: Haha..mjorch is right , we got the most pathetic internet here , but still we can play online ! Where are you really ? I mean , is there a place on the planet where internet is slower that it is in the good ol' Persia ?!?!

On topic, I think I liked Battlefield 2 more.Anyway maybe I'm not to judge here, 'cause apart from BF2 , I've only played BF3 in the series,end even not in its entirety ! :D

#14 Posted by SovietsUnited (2375 posts) -

I enjoyed the mayhem of Battlefield 1942 multiplayer the most

#15 Posted by SoNin360 (5634 posts) -

Bad Company 2, although my sample size of BF games is pretty small. Still, I consider BC2 to be one of my favorite online shooters of all time. Battlefield 3 was a disappointment to me, and I have little interest in the series anymore, but I would probably play a Bad Company 3 if/when that happens.

#16 Posted by marcheegsr (2986 posts) -

Battlefield 2 bad company no doubt.

#17 Posted by Kevlar101 (6235 posts) -

@mjorh said:

@Kevlar101 said:

@mjorh said:

@Kevlar101 said:

@mjorh said:

Battlefield 3 for me.

Man we've got like the most wrecked internet (Iran) but i've played it with 120-150ping , it's much more harder but it's possible !

@elkoldo said:

@Kevlar101: Haha..mjorch is right , we got the most pathetic internet here , but still we can play online ! Where are you really ? I mean , is there a place on the planet where internet is slower that it is in the good ol' Persia ?!?!

On topic, I think I liked Battlefield 2 more.Anyway maybe I'm not to judge here, 'cause apart from BF2 , I've only played BF3 in the series,end even not in its entirety ! :D

The state of Tennessee. In the USA.

:P I know, it's pathetic that I have shitty internet.

#18 Edited by mjorh (1109 posts) -

@Kevlar101 said:

@mjorh said:

@Kevlar101 said:

@mjorh said:

@Kevlar101 said:

@mjorh said:

Battlefield 3 for me.

@elkoldo said:

You've got to be kidding me , c'mon man , USA ? ! Seriously ? Nah i can't believe ! ,What's your ping?

#19 Posted by elkoldo (1376 posts) -

@Kevlar101: I can't believe in a super developed country like the US and in the state that fosters a metropolis like Memphis there are people who experience low quality internet.

Anyway , this is for you Kevlar :

Sorry for going so deeply off-topic ! :D

#20 Edited by Kevlar101 (6235 posts) -

@elkoldo said:

@Kevlar101: I can't believe in a super developed country like the US and in the state that fosters a metropolis like Memphis there are people who experience low quality internet.

What if I told you that I have to wait until after midnight to watch that video because that is the only time that my internet is fast enough to load videos? EDIT: It's just my provider though. I have a very bad internet provider.

:P I will watch it when I can though lol.

mjorh indicated that both of you live in Iran? Please excuse my ignorance, but why exactly is internet "wrecked up" (as he described it)?

#21 Edited by mjorh (1109 posts) -

@Kevlar101 said:

@elkoldo said:

What if I told you that I have to wait until after midnight to watch that video because that is the only time that my internet is fast enough to load videos? EDIT: It's just my provider though. I have a very bad internet provider.

:P I will watch it when I can though lol.

mjorh indicated that both of you live in Iran? Please excuse my ignorance, but why exactly is internet "wrecked up" (as he described it)?

Man u look a lot like us ! :D we have that kinda services which u gotta wait till midnight to get free download and stuff , yeah we live in Iran , i usually use the word "wrecked" instead of "fu***" " as sign of politeness :D , it's too slow and u get disconnected a lot and gotta say it's pretty expensive.

Sry for the off-topic stuff guys.

#22 Posted by Kevlar101 (6235 posts) -

@mjorh said:

@Kevlar101 said:

@mjorh said:

@Kevlar101 said:

@mjorh said:

@Kevlar101 said:

@mjorh said:

Battlefield 3 for me.

@elkoldo said:

You've got to be kidding me , c'mon man , USA ? ! Seriously ? Nah i can't believe ! ,What's your ping?

Well, I used a possibly-false "internet speed tester" online so it is probably just pulling stuff out of it's ass, but... it says that my ping is 691 ms

#23 Edited by elkoldo (1376 posts) -

@Kevlar101: In addition to what mjorch mentioned just above, describing "wrecked up" ,you might be surprised to hear that many, many, MANY websites are "filtered" here, meaning access to these sites are denied to users by the government.Sites like Facebook, Tweeter,Piratebay,etc etc.It might interest you to know that Gamespot is filtered too, and I and mjorch are using Virtual Private Networks to bypass the filter.

Anyway, I'm terribly sorry to hear you have to wait till midnight to watch a 3-minute video.Hope things get better for you, you deserve better than this.

Edit : Oh and, laughing my goddamn ass off at "It's probably pulling stuff out of its ass"

#24 Posted by speedfog (3333 posts) -

I had the most fun with the original Vietnam.

#25 Edited by The_Last_Ride (74028 posts) -

i voted for 1942, that was an amazing game

#26 Posted by Kevlar101 (6235 posts) -

And hey, just for fun....

check this out .... :3

#27 Posted by sukraj (23680 posts) -

Battlefield 4

#28 Edited by groowagon (2869 posts) -

i chose Battlefield 2142 because of Titan Mode. best multiplayer mode i've seen in a shooter to date. i never even touched the classic conquest mode in it, wich i usually play in BFs. the engine in 2142 is showing it's age however, so i prefer BF4 now.

i must keep on dreaming of Titan Mode on a new Frostbite engine. that would be proper epic.

i also miss the old commander gameplay. playing as a commander in Titan Mode was actually fun.

#29 Posted by Behardy24 (5324 posts) -

Bad Company 2 for me.

#30 Posted by Gammit10 (2290 posts) -

How is BFBC2 good in any way? I believe there were 4 classes, and only 2 were viable in multiplayer. Battlefield 2 and 2142 were fun, but something felt incomplete about BF3 (maybe the lack of commander mode), and I won't touch 4 after my disappointment with 3 combined with the myriad tech problems about which I continue to read.

#31 Posted by Behardy24 (5324 posts) -

@Gammit10 said:

How is BFBC2 good in any way? I believe there were 4 classes, and only 2 were viable in multiplayer. Battlefield 2 and 2142 were fun, but something felt incomplete about BF3 (maybe the lack of commander mode), and I won't touch 4 after my disappointment with 3 combined with the myriad tech problems about which I continue to read.

Aside from the technical problems that have been haunting that game, I heard Battlefield 4 is quite good when it works and is what Battlefield 3 should have been.

#32 Edited by Gammit10 (2290 posts) -

@behardy24 said:

@Gammit10 said:

Aside from the technical problems that have been haunting that game, I heard Battlefield 4 is quite good when it works and is what Battlefield 3 should have been.

What improvements were made/added? I have checked it out myself, but the only thing I recall was the return of the commander mode.

#33 Edited by Planeforger (16078 posts) -

It's a toss-up between Battlefield 1942 and Battlefield 2 for me. BF2 was strictly the better game, but I had much fonder memories of the original game.

#34 Edited by kingcrimson24 (493 posts) -

@elkoldo: @mjorh: well now we got 3 iranians with shitty internet on this thread ;)

anyway , i think battlefield Bad company 2 has the best single player , and Battlefield 4 has the best MP

#35 Posted by BigCat2K20 (249 posts) -

The best "Battlefield" game for me is Bad Company 2. The online multiplayer was just off the charts & completely different than most online FPS games.

#36 Edited by VintAge68 (435 posts) -

I voted for BF3 since it is by far the one which I played most. While I liked the campaigns of BFBC2, BF3, and BF4 and played them repeatedly, I have to say that I enjoyed the BF3 multiplayer most since I had Premium with access to all maps, which is not (yet) the case for BF4 (it still costs 50 bucks to buy it for PS4...). But BF 2142 was fun, too, since it had mechs way before Titanfall ;)

#37 Posted by MrYaotubo (2798 posts) -

Battlefield 2 is still to this day the best BF experience.

#38 Edited by Black_Knight_00 (18930 posts) -

Don't know about best, but my favorite is Bad Company 2

#39 Edited by elkoldo (1376 posts) -

@kingcrimson24: You too Iranian?

#40 Edited by kingcrimson24 (493 posts) -

@elkoldo: Bale :D

#41 Edited by jupsto (54 posts) -

I played and enjoyed BC2, then BF3

Then I tried Project Reality mod for BF2...

So I'm not nostalgia biased in the slightest, when I vote for PR mod. although to be fair the gameplay is so different it doesn't really belong in the series, its practically a different genre of game.

#42 Edited by jun_aka_pekto (17029 posts) -

The 2005 Battlefield 2 PC for me. Battlefield 1942 with the Desert Combat mod was a close second.

#43 Edited by elkoldo (1376 posts) -
@kingcrimson24 said:

@elkoldo: Bale :D

Haha..esmet chie ?! kojayi ?!

Ta inja shodim 4 ta irani ! to , man ,pourya ( @VaguelyTagged ), hamid (@mjorh ) bayad ye team tashkil bedim ! :P

(Alan in khareji ha to kafe inan ke bedonan ma inja darim be ham chi migim LOL )

#44 Edited by Justin_G (200 posts) -

BF3 because i sunk 300 hours into it and i got it for 20 bucks-ish, used, and i didn't need a code for whatever reason and even better yet, my friend had installed his BF3 and premium package unlock on my PS3 thus whenever the DLC would release i'd just start downloading it from his account and then as it was downloading i'd switch to mine to assure myself that i'd get the DLC activated for my account as well, even though he bought it.

so basically... i said f0rk you to EA.

#45 Posted by Jagged3dge (3895 posts) -

Bad Company 2 is my favorite military FPS ever

#46 Posted by Yellowsanchez (111 posts) -

wish they made a sequel or something for 2142. that was a great game

#48 Edited by Arach666 (23042 posts) -

Battlefield 2,no doubt about that.

#49 Posted by gameofthering (10432 posts) -

@yellowsanchez: I hope that is what they plan to do for their next game. It would be a nice change going back to that setting.