What is the BEST 'Battlefield' game?

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

User Lists: 0

Poll What is the BEST 'Battlefield' game? (55 votes)

Battlefield 1942 9%
Battlefield: Vietnam 4%
Battlefield 2 15%
Battlefield 2142 9%
Battlefield: Bad Company 2%
Battlefield Heroes 0%
Battlefield 1943 0%
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 33%
Battlefield 3 20%
Battlefield 4 9%

In my opinion, the first Bad Company is the best military FPS ever made....so that is my vote :P

I recently bought Battlefield 3, expecting it's campaign to be on the same level of quality of BC2, but I am sorely disappointed so far. It feels more like a cross between Battlefield and COD, rather than completely Battlefield... I wonder if BF4's campaign is any better. Is it?

Additionally, how many of you really want to see Bad Company 3? I know I do.

• 
Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

The Best Battlefield game is the one with Multiplayer !

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Lulu_Lulu

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Kevlar101
Member since 2011 • 6316 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu said:

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Lulu_Lulu

^ Is that RD Jr ^

What did you do to his face ? :o

you monster ! :(

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu:

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

Battlefield 3 for me.

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Kevlar101

@mjorh said:

Battlefield 3 for me.

Care to share your reasons?

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 mjorh

@Kevlar101 said:

@mjorh said:

Battlefield 3 for me.

When it comes to battlefield , all i care about is multiplayer , BFBC2 was great and enjoyed the hell outta it and BF3 made it much more better by increasing the scale, adding new dimensions to the gameplay , all the diversity and map configurations has made BF3 such a compelling multiplayer experience. Since BF4 had some freaking problems i haven't got into it much but in summer it's time for that ...

One more thing to say is that i haven't played the games previous to BFBC2 so my opinion might not be worthy regarding the best Battlefield game.

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Kevlar101

@mjorh said:

@Kevlar101 said:

@mjorh said:

Battlefield 3 for me.

When it comes to battlefield , all i care about is multiplayer , BFBC2 was great and enjoyed the hell outta it and BF3 made it much more better by increasing the scale, adding new dimensions to the gameplay , all the diversity and map configurations has made BF3 such a compelling multiplayer experience. Since BF4 had some freaking problems i haven't got into it much but in summer it's time for that ...

One more thing to say is that i haven't played the games previous to BFBC2 so my opinion might not be worthy regarding the best Battlefield game.

Considering that my internet is not fast enough for Xbox LIVE/Playstation Network, I cannot play online multiplayer. Huge bummer.

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By mjorh

@Kevlar101 said:

@mjorh said:

@Kevlar101 said:

@mjorh said:

Battlefield 3 for me.

Considering that my internet is not fast enough for Xbox LIVE/Playstation Network, I cannot play online multiplayer. Huge bummer.

Which country you're living in?

Man we've got like the most wrecked internet (Iran) but i've played it with 120-150ping , it's much more harder but it's possible !

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

bad company 2 for me

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#12 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14414 Posts

Bad Company 2. The destruction was awesome.

elkoldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By elkoldo
Member since 2009 • 1832 Posts

@Kevlar101: Haha..mjorch is right , we got the most pathetic internet here , but still we can play online ! Where are you really ? I mean , is there a place on the planet where internet is slower that it is in the good ol' Persia ?!?!

On topic, I think I liked Battlefield 2 more.Anyway maybe I'm not to judge here, 'cause apart from BF2 , I've only played BF3 in the series,end even not in its entirety ! :D

SovietsUnited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

#14 SovietsUnited
Member since 2009 • 2457 Posts

I enjoyed the mayhem of Battlefield 1942 multiplayer the most

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#15 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

Bad Company 2, although my sample size of BF games is pretty small. Still, I consider BC2 to be one of my favorite online shooters of all time. Battlefield 3 was a disappointment to me, and I have little interest in the series anymore, but I would probably play a Bad Company 3 if/when that happens.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

Battlefield 2 bad company no doubt.

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Kevlar101

@mjorh said:

@Kevlar101 said:

@mjorh said:

@Kevlar101 said:

@mjorh said:

Battlefield 3 for me.

Man we've got like the most wrecked internet (Iran) but i've played it with 120-150ping , it's much more harder but it's possible !

@elkoldo said:

@Kevlar101: Haha..mjorch is right , we got the most pathetic internet here , but still we can play online ! Where are you really ? I mean , is there a place on the planet where internet is slower that it is in the good ol' Persia ?!?!

On topic, I think I liked Battlefield 2 more.Anyway maybe I'm not to judge here, 'cause apart from BF2 , I've only played BF3 in the series,end even not in its entirety ! :D

The state of Tennessee. In the USA.

:P I know, it's pathetic that I have shitty internet.

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By mjorh

@Kevlar101 said:

@mjorh said:

@Kevlar101 said:

@mjorh said:

@Kevlar101 said:

@mjorh said:

Battlefield 3 for me.

@elkoldo said:

You've got to be kidding me , c'mon man , USA ? ! Seriously ? Nah i can't believe ! ,What's your ping?

elkoldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 elkoldo

@Kevlar101: I can't believe in a super developed country like the US and in the state that fosters a metropolis like Memphis there are people who experience low quality internet.

Anyway , this is for you Kevlar :

Loading Video...

Sorry for going so deeply off-topic ! :D

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Kevlar101

@elkoldo said:

@Kevlar101: I can't believe in a super developed country like the US and in the state that fosters a metropolis like Memphis there are people who experience low quality internet.

Loading Video...

What if I told you that I have to wait until after midnight to watch that video because that is the only time that my internet is fast enough to load videos? EDIT: It's just my provider though. I have a very bad internet provider.

:P I will watch it when I can though lol.

mjorh indicated that both of you live in Iran? Please excuse my ignorance, but why exactly is internet "wrecked up" (as he described it)?

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By mjorh

@Kevlar101 said:

@elkoldo said:

Loading Video...

What if I told you that I have to wait until after midnight to watch that video because that is the only time that my internet is fast enough to load videos? EDIT: It's just my provider though. I have a very bad internet provider.

:P I will watch it when I can though lol.

mjorh indicated that both of you live in Iran? Please excuse my ignorance, but why exactly is internet "wrecked up" (as he described it)?

Man u look a lot like us ! :D we have that kinda services which u gotta wait till midnight to get free download and stuff , yeah we live in Iran , i usually use the word "wrecked" instead of "fu***" " as sign of politeness :D , it's too slow and u get disconnected a lot and gotta say it's pretty expensive.

Sry for the off-topic stuff guys.

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Kevlar101

@mjorh said:

@Kevlar101 said:

@mjorh said:

@Kevlar101 said:

@mjorh said:

@Kevlar101 said:

@mjorh said:

Battlefield 3 for me.

@elkoldo said:

You've got to be kidding me , c'mon man , USA ? ! Seriously ? Nah i can't believe ! ,What's your ping?

Well, I used a possibly-false "internet speed tester" online so it is probably just pulling stuff out of it's ass, but... it says that my ping is 691 ms

elkoldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By elkoldo

@Kevlar101: In addition to what mjorch mentioned just above, describing "wrecked up" ,you might be surprised to hear that many, many, MANY websites are "filtered" here, meaning access to these sites are denied to users by the government.Sites like Facebook, Tweeter,Piratebay,etc etc.It might interest you to know that Gamespot is filtered too, and I and mjorch are using Virtual Private Networks to bypass the filter.

Anyway, I'm terribly sorry to hear you have to wait till midnight to watch a 3-minute video.Hope things get better for you, you deserve better than this.

Edit : Oh and, laughing my goddamn ass off at "It's probably pulling stuff out of its ass"

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#24 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

I had the most fun with the original Vietnam.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#25  Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

i voted for 1942, that was an amazing game

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Kevlar101

And hey, just for fun....

check this out .... :3

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#27 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Battlefield 4

Avatar image for deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
deactivated-5bda06edf37ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28  Edited By deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
Member since 2010 • 4675 Posts

i chose Battlefield 2142 because of Titan Mode. best multiplayer mode i've seen in a shooter to date. i never even touched the classic conquest mode in it, wich i usually play in BFs. the engine in 2142 is showing it's age however, so i prefer BF4 now.

i must keep on dreaming of Titan Mode on a new Frostbite engine. that would be proper epic.

i also miss the old commander gameplay. playing as a commander in Titan Mode was actually fun.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Behardy24

Bad Company 2 for me.

Gammit10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 119

#30 Gammit10
Member since 2004 • 2397 Posts

How is BFBC2 good in any way? I believe there were 4 classes, and only 2 were viable in multiplayer. Battlefield 2 and 2142 were fun, but something felt incomplete about BF3 (maybe the lack of commander mode), and I won't touch 4 after my disappointment with 3 combined with the myriad tech problems about which I continue to read.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Behardy24

@Gammit10 said:

How is BFBC2 good in any way? I believe there were 4 classes, and only 2 were viable in multiplayer. Battlefield 2 and 2142 were fun, but something felt incomplete about BF3 (maybe the lack of commander mode), and I won't touch 4 after my disappointment with 3 combined with the myriad tech problems about which I continue to read.

Aside from the technical problems that have been haunting that game, I heard Battlefield 4 is quite good when it works and is what Battlefield 3 should have been.

Gammit10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 119

#32  Edited By Gammit10
Member since 2004 • 2397 Posts

@behardy24 said:

@Gammit10 said:

Aside from the technical problems that have been haunting that game, I heard Battlefield 4 is quite good when it works and is what Battlefield 3 should have been.

What improvements were made/added? I have checked it out myself, but the only thing I recall was the return of the commander mode.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19562 Posts

It's a toss-up between Battlefield 1942 and Battlefield 2 for me. BF2 was strictly the better game, but I had much fonder memories of the original game.

kingcrimson24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#34  Edited By kingcrimson24
Member since 2012 • 824 Posts

@elkoldo: @mjorh: well now we got 3 iranians with shitty internet on this thread ;)

anyway , i think battlefield Bad company 2 has the best single player , and Battlefield 4 has the best MP

BigCat2K20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#35 BigCat2K20
Member since 2004 • 426 Posts

The best "Battlefield" game for me is Bad Company 2. The online multiplayer was just off the charts & completely different than most online FPS games.

VintAge68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

#36  Edited By VintAge68
Member since 2010 • 530 Posts

I voted for BF3 since it is by far the one which I played most. While I liked the campaigns of BFBC2, BF3, and BF4 and played them repeatedly, I have to say that I enjoyed the BF3 multiplayer most since I had Premium with access to all maps, which is not (yet) the case for BF4 (it still costs 50 bucks to buy it for PS4...). But BF 2142 was fun, too, since it had mechs way before Titanfall ;)

MrYaotubo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#37 MrYaotubo
Member since 2012 • 2884 Posts

Battlefield 2 is still to this day the best BF experience.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#38  Edited By Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

Don't know about best, but my favorite is Bad Company 2

elkoldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By elkoldo

@kingcrimson24: You too Iranian?

kingcrimson24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#40  Edited By kingcrimson24
Member since 2012 • 824 Posts

@elkoldo: Bale :D

jupsto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#41  Edited By jupsto
Member since 2005 • 54 Posts

I played and enjoyed BC2, then BF3

Then I tried Project Reality mod for BF2...

So I'm not nostalgia biased in the slightest, when I vote for PR mod. although to be fair the gameplay is so different it doesn't really belong in the series, its practically a different genre of game.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

The 2005 Battlefield 2 PC for me. Battlefield 1942 with the Desert Combat mod was a close second.

elkoldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By elkoldo
@kingcrimson24 said:

@elkoldo: Bale :D

Haha..esmet chie ?! kojayi ?!

Ta inja shodim 4 ta irani ! to , man ,pourya ( @VaguelyTagged ), hamid (@mjorh ) bayad ye team tashkil bedim ! :P

(Alan in khareji ha to kafe inan ke bedonan ma inja darim be ham chi migim LOL )

Justin_G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Justin_G
Member since 2004 • 202 Posts

BF3 because i sunk 300 hours into it and i got it for 20 bucks-ish, used, and i didn't need a code for whatever reason and even better yet, my friend had installed his BF3 and premium package unlock on my PS3 thus whenever the DLC would release i'd just start downloading it from his account and then as it was downloading i'd switch to mine to assure myself that i'd get the DLC activated for my account as well, even though he bought it.

so basically... i said f0rk you to EA.

Jagged3dge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Jagged3dge
Member since 2008 • 3895 Posts

Bad Company 2 is my favorite military FPS ever

Avatar image for deactivated-60f8bb2347d0d
deactivated-60f8bb2347d0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 95

#46 deactivated-60f8bb2347d0d
Member since 2013 • 154 Posts

wish they made a sequel or something for 2142. that was a great game

Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#48  Edited By Arach666
Member since 2009 • 23286 Posts

Battlefield 2,no doubt about that.

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#49 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

@yellowsanchez: I hope that is what they plan to do for their next game. It would be a nice change going back to that setting.