What is a good decent Gundam game to have for the Playstation 2?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by slamminjammin69 (1599 posts) -

I know for the regular Playstation/PS1 there's Gundam Battle Assault 1 and 2.

just wondering if there's at least one or two good decent Gundam game to have for the Playstation 2?

#2 Posted by Panzer_Zwei (15442 posts) -

There's a few quality ones:

ENCOUNTERS IN SPACE : Pretty good shooting game with lots of content.

ZEONIC FRONT : First person view simulation. Quite acceptable at the time.

FEDERATION VS ZEON

AEUG VS TITANS

Proven CAPCOM arcade hits.

#3 Posted by AcidSoldner (7051 posts) -
Gundam: Federation vs. Zeon is a great and my all time favorite Gundam game. Zeonic front is good as well and a spiritual successor to Rise from the Ashes on the Dreamcast. It a little more in depth with it's mechanics and features player controlled squads of mobile suits as well as the players own. Think Ghost Recon-lite with Gundams/Mobile Suits.
#4 Posted by Panzer_Zwei (15442 posts) -

While FEDERATION VS ZEON is still great on the PS2, it doesn't have the same feel like the DC version. It just doesn't look like quite the arcade version.

Also, the western versions removed the voices from the BGM tracks, leaving them music only, and which was a massive disappointment.

#5 Posted by AcidSoldner (7051 posts) -

While FEDERATION VS ZEON is still great on the PS2, it doesn't have the same feel like the DC version. It just doesn't look like quite the arcade version.

Also, the western versions removed the voices from the BGM tracks, leaving them music only, and which was a massive disappointment.

Panzer_Zwei
Been meaning to get the DC version of FvZ for some time now to compare it to the PS2 version but I have yet to do that. So yeah, I couldn't say.
#6 Posted by Eikichi-Onizuka (8177 posts) -
Most of PS2 Gundam games were decent. I think the Seed game is the only one I never touched. Federation vs. Zeon or Encounters in Space I would say are the best options. It's been a long time since I played Journey to Jaburo and Zeonic Front so I can't say if they've aged well or not.
#7 Posted by Shenmue_Jehuty (5207 posts) -

MS Saga is pretty good, mostly because it stands out as an RPG compared to the rest of the Gundam games which are more about action and battle.

#8 Posted by TheLoneMortal (138 posts) -

There is also Mobile Suit Gundam: Gundam vs. Zeta Gundam, which is somewhat a fusion of Federation vs. Zeon and AEUG vs. Titans.

#9 Posted by Panzer_Zwei (15442 posts) -

[QUOTE="Panzer_Zwei"]

AcidSoldner

Been meaning to get the DC version of FvZ for some time now to compare it to the PS2 version but I have yet to do that. So yeah, I couldn't say.

I can deal with the washed out and jaggy graphics, but the few character voice overs that weren't removed are awful in English, and the removal of the voice tracks was just lame.

That said, the Japanese PS2 version doesn't have these audio issues, so that's an option too.

#10 Posted by AcidSoldner (7051 posts) -

[QUOTE="AcidSoldner"][QUOTE="Panzer_Zwei"]

Panzer_Zwei

I can deal with the washed out and jaggy graphics, but the few character voice overs that weren't removed are awful in English, and the removal of the voice tracks was just lame.

That said, the Japanese PS2 version doesn't have these audio issues, so that's an option too.

So you're saying that the DC version is graphically superior as well? Might hasten my attempt to get a copy if that's the case.
#11 Posted by Emerald_Warrior (6581 posts) -

The Dynasty Warriors: Gundam games are pretty fun. They're basically just Dynasty Warriors, but set in the Gundam universe rather than ancient China. So if you like that kind of gameplay, and Gundam, than it's a perfect video game marriage.

#12 Posted by AcidSoldner (7051 posts) -

The Dynasty Warriors: Gundam games are pretty fun. They're basically just Dynasty Warriors, but set in the Gundam universe rather than ancient China. So if you like that kind of gameplay, and Gundam, than it's a perfect video game marriage.

Emerald_Warrior
Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 1 & 2 are Japanese only though on the PS2.
#13 Posted by Yangire (8795 posts) -

Panzer_Zwei

Nice signature/avatar.

#14 Posted by Panzer_Zwei (15442 posts) -

So you're saying that the DC version is graphically superior as well? Might hasten my attempt to get a copy if that's the case.AcidSoldner

FEDERATION VS ZEON was a NAOMI game so the DC version on VGA is practically arcade perfect.

[QUOTE="Panzer_Zwei"]

Yangire

Nice signature/avatar.

Game Center Arashi was the bomb back then.

#15 Posted by AcidSoldner (7051 posts) -

[QUOTE="AcidSoldner"]So you're saying that the DC version is graphically superior as well? Might hasten my attempt to get a copy if that's the case.Panzer_Zwei

FEDERATION VS ZEON was a NAOMI game so the DC version on VGA is practically arcade perfect.

I have a VGA adapter which is why I was doubly curious. Nice to know.