What happened to Prey 2?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by -ParaNormaN- (1153 posts) -

What the hell happened to this game? I remember posters at Gamestop with a release date and it being cancelled really close to that release date. I was looking forward to playing it and thought that the airplane trailer was cool and unique. It felt like an alien invasion movie with that eerie and creepy vibe to it. I remember hearing that they brought it back to development but then the company working on the game took it down from their website or something. It's been really quiet since then, anyone have any news about it?

#2 Posted by Mesomorphin (902 posts) -

I heard Arkane studios are working on it! and that it is said to be released by 2016. Man that's a four year delay! shit

#3 Posted by -ParaNormaN- (1153 posts) -

@mesomorphin said:

I heard Arkane studios are working on it! and that it is said to be released by 2016. Man that's a four year delay! shit

Wow! I'm really glad to hear that it's back on track though. I watched the airplane trailer for it again earlier today and was already missing it.

#4 Posted by Hennius (47 posts) -

Four years...

My eyes, ears, nose and testicles just exploded thinking out that WAIT!

#5 Posted by Assimilat0r (745 posts) -

19.04.2012

From

Administrator

Bethesda

Global Community Lead

Quote

Development of Prey 2 has not been cancelled but the game will not be released in 2012 as planned. The delay is due to the fact that game development has not progressed satisfactorily this past year, and the game does not currently meet our quality standards. Prey 2 has shown great promise and we regret disappointing our fans. We have made a substantial investment in game development to deliver the experience fans want. We are determined only to release the AAA game that fans rightfully expect, and are unwilling to compromise our quality standards to meet a release schedule.

#6 Posted by The_Last_Ride (76371 posts) -

last time i checked they changed development team or weren't really happy with it. But it's not canceled. I was really looking forward to it myself. I actually got to answer them questions during the livestream in 2011

#7 Posted by -ParaNormaN- (1153 posts) -

@Assimilat0r said:

19.04.2012

From

Administrator

Bethesda

Global Community Lead

Quote

Development of Prey 2 has not been cancelled but the game will not be released in 2012 as planned. The delay is due to the fact that game development has not progressed satisfactorily this past year, and the game does not currently meet our quality standards. Prey 2 has shown great promise and we regret disappointing our fans. We have made a substantial investment in game development to deliver the experience fans want. We are determined only to release the AAA game that fans rightfully expect, and are unwilling to compromise our quality standards to meet a release schedule.

Ahhhh, they're doing the whole "When its done" thing huh... I'm glad to see that they're actually focused on what the fans want instead of what they want though. That's actually really cool.

#8 Posted by Behardy24 (5324 posts) -

Just as long as Prey 2 has spirit walking from the first game I don't mind waiting.

#9 Posted by cooolio (568 posts) -

They have not been upfront about what is going on. By the way, look up the demo when you get the chance.

#10 Posted by Hennius (47 posts) -

I remember being blown away by the visuals. Mirror reflections!!!

That was ever such a long time ago.

#11 Posted by pupp3t_mast3r (141 posts) -

@-paranorman- said:

@mesomorphin said:

I heard Arkane studios are working on it! and that it is said to be released by 2016. Man that's a four year delay! shit

Wow! I'm really glad to hear that it's back on track though. I watched the airplane trailer for it again earlier today and was already missing it.

I'm not sure how accurate this is but I'm remember reading that when Arkane took over the Prey 2 IP they scrapped everything that had already been done and were going to make a whole new game from scratch?

#12 Edited by Mesomorphin (902 posts) -

@pupp3t_mast3r said:

@-paranorman- said:

@mesomorphin said:

I heard Arkane studios are working on it! and that it is said to be released by 2016. Man that's a four year delay! shit

Wow! I'm really glad to hear that it's back on track though. I watched the airplane trailer for it again earlier today and was already missing it.

I'm not sure how accurate this is but I'm remember reading that when Arkane took over the Prey 2 IP they scrapped everything that had already been done and were going to make a whole new game from scratch?

Yes, I too remember reading something like that. A game should only take around 3 years of development for it to be good, and if its true that they did start from scratch, its very possible that this is reason why its taking so long to be released. God only knows whats happening with The last guardian.