What games would you have liked to see on the "GOTY Candidate" list?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ElArab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ElArab
Member since 2007 • 5754 Posts

With Kane and Lynch bieng up on that list, and The Witcher NOT on it, I got a little PO'ed, The Witcher is definetly GOTY Material, I still wouldn't vote it for GOTY, but it definetly is worth bieng mentioned. Kane and Lynch isn't exactly a good game, and with the Jeff controversy, people actually voting for it, must have not know what happened. So K&L seems like a waste of a perfectly good slot, that could have had something great like The Witcher.

I was also gonna say Company of Heroes opposing fronts, because that was one awesome game, but since it is an expansion (even though stand-alone.) I guess it's not really a GOTY for THIS year, but I'd still vote for it.

I am glad that games like Bioshock and Mass Effect still got on the nominee list though.

Any other underdogs or just games you would have liked to see on the list?

Tiberius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Tiberius
Member since 2002 • 1713 Posts
All games released in 2007 are candidates for the 2007 Game of the Year awards. And that includes The Witcher, Opposing Fronts, God of War II, and others which are not listed in the "Preliminaries" feature recently posted. This recent feature is a companion piece to Game Watch 07 put up earlier this year and is only meant to highlight a few of the highly anticipated games of this year, before and after their collective release. Read the opening paragraph of the feature for more explanation of it.
ElArab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ElArab
Member since 2007 • 5754 Posts
I did but I misunderstood it, sorry about that guys, maybe this thread will just die or get locked or something.
Tiberius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Tiberius
Member since 2002 • 1713 Posts
At first glance, it would be easy to misunderstand the feature that way. Maybe its purpose and scope could have been clearer by not being directly associated with the end of the year awards. Anyway, no biggie.