what game has Deeper combat... DmC or Bayonetta

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by Bosskiller500 (334 posts) 10 months, 3 days ago

Poll: what game has Deeper combat... DmC or Bayonetta (16 votes)

DmC: Devil May Cry (Reboot) 19%
Bayonetta 81%

full combat potential...what game has deeper combat

DmC reboot or Bayonetta

#1 Posted by Bosskiller500 (334 posts) -

anybody?

#2 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (9718 posts) -

Bayonaetta..... Because, boobs !

#3 Posted by Justforvisit (5047 posts) -

I would like to know that as well, for I've only played DMC 1 - 5, but not Bayonetta yet, though I'm interested in it.

#4 Edited by IndianaPwns39 (5037 posts) -

Between the DmC reboot and Bayonetta it's Bayonetta and it isn't even a competition. To be fair, I really enjoyed DmC and thought the combat was a ton of fun, but it is simple when compared to the rest of the series. They game is still great, and it's very flashy with many combos at your disposable but it simply isn't as deep as Bayo.

Bayonetta is on a whole other level. Looking at all your options during the loading screen can be intimidating because there are so many options and moves. Mastering that game is fun, though, and progressing through the difficulties, tweaking items and figuring exactly what you want to use when playing is, again, a whole league away from DmC.

#5 Posted by IndianaPwns39 (5037 posts) -

I would like to know that as well, for I've only played DMC 1 - 5, but not Bayonetta yet, though I'm interested in it.

If you enjoy the DmC series you'd probably enjoy Bayonetta.

The only reason for most of Bayo's criticism come from people that don't like the artstyle, which is understandable. I personally like it but to say it's bizarre is an understatement.

#6 Edited by platinumking320 (663 posts) -

Can't expect ninja theory to one up Shinji Mikami's Bayonetta when he did create Devil May Cry and Resi-Evil to begin with. Plus that mechanic switching system that started from Devil May Cry 3 is way more combo oriented and multifaceted. You feel like a fighting game character with gunplay in Bayonetta. Perhaps DmC is more freeform and not as "style oriented" but this aspect also limits the fluidity of the combat. The angel blue weapon, and demon red weapon, though challenging, also breaks the flow of combat. Bayonetta's focus on evasion doesn't.

The man knew what he was doing with Bayonetta, he knew what he was doing with Vanquish, and I'm sure he's knows what he's doing when he puts out 'The Evil Within' this next gen.

#7 Edited by IndianaPwns39 (5037 posts) -

Can't expect ninja theory to one up Shinji Mikami's Bayonetta when he did create Devil May Cry and Resi-Evil to begin with. Plus that mechanic switching system that started from Devil May Cry 3 is way more combo oriented and multifaceted. You feel like a fighting game character with gunplay in Bayonetta. Perhaps DmC is more freeform and not as "style oriented" but this aspect also limits the fluidity of the combat. The angel blue weapon, and demon red weapon, though challenging, also breaks the flow of combat. Bayonetta's focus on evasion doesn't.

The man knew what he was doing with Bayonetta, he knew what he was doing with Vanquish, and I'm sure he's knows what he's doing when he puts out 'The Evil Within' this next gen.

Mikami had nothing to do with Bayonetta.

You're thinking of Hideki Kamiya who directed the original Devil May Cry and Resident Evil 2 (both of which Mikami helped with)

#8 Edited by Chickan_117 (16329 posts) -

Bayonetta - no competition. The main differentiator for me was the way combat flowed; in Bayonetta combos, dodges, etc all flow into eachother well and created a very smooth feeling experience whereas DmC felt more "disjointed". There was a clear start and end of each move set and changing weapons/styles broke the flow.

That said they were both exceptional games I really enjoyed :) Finished Bayonetta a few weeks ago and DmC just this week. Dunno why it took me so long to get them but I'm SO glad I did. Bayonetta in particular just blew me away with how clever it was

#9 Edited by Chevolutionary (23290 posts) -

Like everybody has said, Bayonetta, by far. Combat in the DmC reboot was far more shallow/easier than previous DmC titles.

#10 Posted by CarnageHeart (18316 posts) -

@Justforvisit said:

The only reason for most of Bayo's criticism come from people that don't like the artstyle, which is understandable. I personally like it but to say it's bizarre is an understatement.

It didn't help that the PS3 version of Bayonetta was garbage when it was shipped, with a crappy framerate (which got really crappy in the busier sections) and washed out, fuzzy textures (it wasn't coded by Platinum, but some of Sega's interns because Platinum didn't want to work on a PS3 game).

Platinum's decision hurt Bayonetta's prospects because most people who enjoy that sort of game had PS3s (despite its crappiness, the PS3 version was the bestselling version, though that is like being the tallest midget).

#11 Posted by Tqricardinho (340 posts) -

Bayonetta.

#12 Posted by Bosskiller500 (334 posts) -

so Bayonetta has more depth then DmC reboot

#13 Posted by Sushiglutton (5194 posts) -

Bayonetta is way deeper and more complex, but DMC is more fun to me. Mostly because the level of difficulty to pull off longer combos in DMC suits me better as I'm not fast enough for Bayonetta. I also prefer it's artstyle enormously which affects how satisfying combat is. My guess is most gamers are not skilled enough to appreciate the extra level of depth in Bayonetta.

#14 Posted by platinumking320 (663 posts) -

@IndianaPwns39: Ahh damnit it you're right. I'm getting my designer's mixed up again. That's like confusing Kitase with Sakaguchi in an Final Fantasy. But still though can't help but appreciate that Japanese devs can create combat systems that really bring out the 'Chow-Yun-Fat' in a fighting protagonist. Maximum, style combo and expression. Sure GoW or current DmC may have it, but it just aint as nuanced as it is when it's produced by an eastern mind.

In the West there arent enough third person games such a fluid combination of martial artsy melee, magic and gunplay with monsters that match up to your capabilities.

It'd be nice if there were more.

#15 Edited by unknown37 (5134 posts) -

I'd still say Devil May Cry has deeper combat than Bayonetta.

But since you're asking about DmC, Bayonetta has much deeper combat, and is overall a lot better of a game.

#16 Posted by ZZoMBiE13 (22911 posts) -

I only played one of the games you are asking about. Bayonetta if you're wondering. So answering your poll would be an unfair vote since I didn't give DmC an honest chance.

That said, I thought Baynetta had excellent mechanics. It had that wonderful "Easy to pick up, difficult to master" quality that I do so enjoy.

#17 Posted by Pikminmaniac (8693 posts) -

Easily Bayonetta and then Devil May Cry 4 over that...

#18 Edited by IndianaPwns39 (5037 posts) -

@IndianaPwns39 said:

@Justforvisit said:

It didn't help that the PS3 version of Bayonetta was garbage when it was shipped, with a crappy framerate (which got really crappy in the busier sections) and washed out, fuzzy textures (it wasn't coded by Platinum, but some of Sega's interns because Platinum didn't want to work on a PS3 game).

Platinum's decision hurt Bayonetta's prospects because most people who enjoy that sort of game had PS3s (despite its crappiness, the PS3 version was the bestselling version, though that is like being the tallest midget).

Yeah that was a huge blunder. Platinum proved they could handle the PS3 architecture though as Vanquish and MGR were exceptional on the platform. The patch makes Bayonetta fine on the PS3, but it's a mighty large update.

#19 Posted by sukraj (21797 posts) -

Bayonetta