What game did you just finish (and what did you think?)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Chickan_117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 0

#1 Chickan_117
Member since 2009 • 16327 Posts

This thread is similar to the "what are you playing now" thread but is designed for people to post and discuss their thoughts on games they just finished. Doesn't matter how old the game is; if you've knocked it off post your thoughts and opinions here so the community can benefit.

To start us of I just finished Saints Row IV... a few days after I started it. I was slow to like the series as I'm not a GTA fan and didn't really like Saints 1 or 2. LOVED number 3 so I had high expectations for 4 which may have proved my downfall. The game had hilarious moments which left me laughing out loud on many occasions (From Asha With Love in particular) but all of the world activities" got boring really fast. What made it worse was that almost all the side quests just involved doing these same activities. Speak to NPC, clear activity A, clear activity B, clear activity C, go back to NPC. It all felt like filler.

Great game but not as good as #3 and, unless you really love it or are after achievements/trophies, I'd advise to just stick with the primary missions.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

I just finished Vanquish on ps3. Got it free from ps plus way back. For the 5 1/2 hours it took me to finish it which is short, I must say it was a blast the whole way through. Non stop action.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts

Finished GTA5 a week or so ago. It was very much a GTA game. It was shorter than most, but considering I bought it strictly for GTAO, I can't really claim to be disappointed.

Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Ish_basic
Member since 2002 • 5051 Posts

Honestly, I'm so amped up for next-gen, I've had a hard time sitting down with anything lately (probably have spent more time modding for Skyrim). But I did just finish Beyond. I enjoyed it and am happy to see people trying to push gaming narratives that don't simply revolve around violence. Been trying to get back into Fallout: NV, so I've spent a lot of time searching through mods, trying to find a good ENB preset and lighting set-up.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#5  Edited By turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

finished Pokemon Y a few days ago. To summarize my review, overall great, although the fact that it relies so much on old Pokemon is disappointing. Overall, though, worth playing.

Chickan_117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Chickan_117

I hear you with NV. I've gone that route (and ended up not playing it) a few times now. Not sure why as Fallout 3 was a great game and I played that mod free... numerous times!

Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Ish_basic
Member since 2002 • 5051 Posts

@Chickan_117 said:

I hear you with NV. I've gone that route (and ended up not playing it) a few times now. Not sure why as Fallout 3 was a great game and I played that mod free... numerous times!

With making indoors so realistically dark, I'm having fun with these assault rifle mods with silencers and dot sights and an ENB that actually allows me to use working nightvision goggles. Not my favorite ENB preset (a little over-saturated for my tastes), but I can use nightvision. So the mods are helping.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#8 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

Saints Row The Third was the most recent game i finished. I liked it a lot

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

TLOU, pretty fucking great game, but I hated it. And Beyond, Pretty fucking great "game", I loved it.

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 Randolph
Member since 2002 • 10542 Posts

I just did manage Wind Waker HD. Barely. The last dozen hours or so just drag on and on, it's a lot of drudgery and slogging along. It was completely unenjoyable for the bulk of my play time. Very pretty, but in terms of actual gameplay and pacing, it fell woefully short of my expectations for a Zelda game. I admire that they tried to fine tune the game a bit, but honestly, everything from the obtaining of the master sword on forward needed to be thrown out completely and redesigned from the ground up.

Easily my least favorite Zelda game of all time.

Chickan_117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Chickan_117

So they didn't do anything about the time you spend sailing around on the ocean? :(

RageQuitter69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#12 RageQuitter69
Member since 2012 • 1366 Posts

Grand Theft Auto V, I thought it was a masterpeice, 10/10. It really shows how terrible GTA IV can look when comparing it to other games.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

TLoU for like the 10th time. Literally. And I'm going to try survivor next. Love this game, not perfect but 10/10 for me.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#14 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

I actually have not finished a game for a while. I keep finding a game I did not buy when it was released and then getting it or I simply make another addition to my game collection. I am currently alternating between TESV: Skyrim and Uncharted 3.

187umKILLAH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By 187umKILLAH
Member since 2010 • 1414 Posts

Lego: Lord of the Rings, after watching reviews it is even better than I was expecting it to be. So much to do and such a massive area to explore, it's the only lego game I've played. 10/10.

bad_fur_day

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 bad_fur_day
Member since 2008 • 1988 Posts

Fable1. It was a treasured experience. The gorgeous storybook art style and the aging and evolving over time was just what I felt like at the time.

Point of advise, don't ever sell your videogames, I was uninterested in my copy of fable the lost chapters for 5 years until I suddenly felt like playing it again and finishing it off. Happens a lot, now it's one of my favourite videogames I've played.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#18 skipper847
Member since 2006 • 7334 Posts

The Last Of Us Last night and thought the Story was the best yet and better then some TV programs out there too. Took a while to get into it though as played it twice be for and got as far as the quarantine zone at the beginning as I found that bit abit boring. But at the 3rd go I stuck to it and after The Outskirts it became interesting and could not put it down.

dipdish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 5

#19 dipdish
Member since 2008 • 876 Posts

Red Dead Redemption on PS3. A couple of hours ago. 10/10 points.

jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts

I just finally made it though Nuclear Throne, damn this little game is a fun one! Near the end it's almost like a bullet-hell game but not quite as ridiculous. Fun game, but man it's hard to get through level 3-3.

EvilSelf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#21 EvilSelf
Member since 2010 • 3619 Posts

Just finished Dead Space 2 again and i cant stop to think how inferior it is compared to the original Dead Space. Currently playing Dead Space 3 (again) and The Witcher 2 (again).

buccomatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22  Edited By buccomatic
Member since 2005 • 1941 Posts

resident evil: code veronica - awesome game. i'm trying to play re6 (right now) and it's not even close how much better CV is.

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#23  Edited By LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts

i finished gone home a few days ago. i'm still writing my review for it, but i like the game a lot. the way it manages to develop all these characters and build suspense through the level design is really special. even just telling the kind of story that it did was pretty special.

CrimsonBrute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#24 CrimsonBrute  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 25603 Posts

The last game I finished was Tomb Raider. Good game, too bad there was no New Game+ option.

Tqricardinho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Tqricardinho
Member since 2013 • 477 Posts

Grand Theft Auto V. I loved it despite what some say. I just got disappointed with the multiplayer, I was expecting more after all the hype.

Azghouls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 314

#26 Azghouls
Member since 2006 • 815 Posts

Just finished Damnation and it was crap.

Chickan_117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Chickan_117
@buccomatic said:

resident evil: code veronica - awesome game. i'm trying to play re6 (right now) and it's not even close how much better CV is.

I remember being stuck on that cargo plane bit for months! :) Was still an awesome game though; the suspense and atmosphere in it were amazing

Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#28 Eikichi-Onizuka
Member since 2008 • 9205 Posts

Clive Barker's Undying, it was a nice mix of shooter and horror. Nice length as well, at about 10 hours or so it didn't feel too short or overstay it's welcome.

LightEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#29 LightEffect
Member since 2012 • 63 Posts

I beat Batman: Arkham Asylum last weekend and it was great! Graphics were very nice, story was somewhat interesting and gameplay was fun and had lot's of extras for those people who like to solve puzzles. Would recommend for just about anyone.