What Franchise Needs A Reboot?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by dragonps (1667 posts) -

First game I think of is Killer Instinct, would love a new and updated version. And how about some of these too:

Breakers

3 Count Bout

Rage of the Dragons

Tobal

Rise of the Robots....lol ok had to throw in one joke game :P

#2 Posted by OneSanitarium (6906 posts) -

RotD is such a fantastic game.

#3 Posted by thebest31406 (3377 posts) -
I think Tekken needs a reboot; the story and plot is just getting out of hand and there are too many characters.
#4 Posted by thelukestar619 (5 posts) -
darkstalkers needs to come back and the street fighter alpha series maybe because its different to the main series
#5 Posted by nini200 (9798 posts) -
Eternal Champions is the first game that needs a reboot. Make a new one using Fresco Cell Shading, destructable environments and all the different types of finishers. That game would be absolute BOSS.

there are soo many others, most have been said by TC but I'd love to add:

waku waku 7

Tokon Matrimelee

NeoGeo Battle Coliseum

Last Blade

Kizuna Encounter

Mark of the Wolves
#6 Posted by MVCFreak (184 posts) -

Power Stone

Darkstalkers

Killer Instinct

Tech Romancer

Cyberbots

Teenage Muntant Ninja Turles Tournament Fighters

Weapon Lord

Saturday Night Slammasters

Last Bronx

Bloody Roar

#7 Posted by TAMKFan (32748 posts) -

I would like to see a new Bloody Roar game.

#8 Posted by louisfoxton (1398 posts) -

Rivals School

Power Stone

Mark Of The Wolf

T-T i Want my DreamCast Bak

#11 Posted by V_G_Fan (64 posts) -

The franchises I'd say need a reboot are Darkstalkers and Bloody Roar. I bought UMvC3 for the Darkstalker characters....mainly Morrigan! :)

#12 Posted by MVCFreak (184 posts) -

Gundam Battle Assault

#13 Posted by ragingnin9 (2 posts) -
Legacy of Kain...all of them (not just Soul Reaver) Tenchu Def Jam Bushido Blade ...and just putting these 2 out there although they're not fanchises: Xenogears...(NOT Xenosaga, just Xenogears) The Path of Neo
#14 Posted by ragingnin9 (2 posts) -
Oh and Silicon Knights or whoever should reboot and start a fanchise with Eternal Darkness...just saying
#15 Posted by jnw93 (249 posts) -

I would like to see a new Bloody Roar game.

TAMKFan
This ^
#16 Posted by PlayBox39 (420 posts) -

Darkstalkers

Eternal Champions

Rival Schools

Bloody Roar

#17 Posted by nini200 (9798 posts) -

Gundam Battle Assault

MVCFreak
I'd love a new Battle Assault. GP02A was my mech
#18 Posted by Dexter-010 (533 posts) -
Tenchu and WuTang
#19 Posted by game-ster23 (17328 posts) -

Def Jam for me as well, never even heard of Bloody Roar

#20 Posted by BlackBirdVIII (13 posts) -

I would love to see Fatal Fury or the Street Fighter EX series make a fruitful return.

Other series that come to mind are:

Power Stone

Fighting Vipers

Evil Zone

Or any fighter that Capcom distributed in the PS1 days.

#21 Posted by BranKetra (48604 posts) -
Rival Schools needs a sequel or a reboot. I would play it and others would as well.
#22 Posted by BlackBirdVIII (13 posts) -

Rival Schools needs a sequel or a reboot. I would play it and others would as well. BranKetra

Might be a stupid question but are you aware of Project Justice? It is a Dreamcast sequel to Rival Schools. Pretty hard to find and expensive if you try getting it online. I have heard a lot of positive things about it though!

#23 Posted by BranKetra (48604 posts) -

[QUOTE="BranKetra"]Rival Schools needs a sequel or a reboot. I would play it and others would as well. BlackBirdVIII

Might be a stupid question but are you aware of Project Justice? It is a Dreamcast sequel to Rival Schools. Pretty hard to find and expensive if you try getting it online. I have heard a lot of positive things about it though!

I know about Project Justice. I want a current or next gen Rival Schools game.
#24 Posted by D3dr0_0 (3495 posts) -
Street Fighter- Start from the beginning and make the Shoto characters unique from one another.
#25 Posted by mark552495786 (78 posts) -
I love 3 Count Bout because The game consists of 5 championships with their own stages. The first stage type is a boxing ring where the opponents can bounce from the edges and can be out of bounds. The second stage type is street wrestling, where there are objects to destroy and weapons to wield. The last stage is the electrictity stage where the borders are harmful and weapons are used. Press the A button to punch. Press the B button to kick. Press the C button to jump. Press the A and B buttons simultaneously for a quick moving retreat. Pull the joystick twice in a direction to rush that way. If the player rushes in the direction of a boxing ring edge, they can bounce back. If the player is down, repeatedly press the A button and pull the joystick left and right to get up. Press the C button to body drop on a downed opponent. Press the A button many times rapidly to use a special attack. Press Button A or B on a downed opponent to grab and wrestle. When the player and opponent clash in a wrestle, press the A and B buttons as fast as possible to push back. Press Button D to pin down a downed opponent and hold him for 3 seconds to win. Alternatively, some fighters have holds which can force an opponent with low stamina to submit.
#26 Posted by Ryu_Katamari (28 posts) -
They need to make a new Neo Geo collection. Samurai Showdown and King of Fighters.
#27 Posted by Ryu_Katamari (28 posts) -
They need to make a new Neo Geo collection. Samurai Showdown and King of Fighters.