What does everybody think of "Child of Light"?

#1 Edited by Gannon27 (98 posts) -

This game is not just stunningly beautiful graphics, it's also a great rpg game as well. Great combat system, nice story (very much like a fairy tale) and addictive gameplay. I have been playing it for a few hours now and am really loving it.

Is anybody else playing it? What do you think?

#2 Posted by Bigboi500 (29914 posts) -

Presentation is fantastic. Level design is fantastic. Combat is a little bit slow, but I like it. Overall it's hard to believe the game is only $15.

#3 Edited by Gannon27 (98 posts) -

Yeh, I didn't really like the combat at first, but now I think it's a great system. Working out which enemies to slow and who to kill off first is fun.

#4 Posted by Flubbbs (3093 posts) -

i like it alot.. the music is amazing

#5 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (12950 posts) -

I think its about time people started Talking about it.

#6 Edited by Gannon27 (98 posts) -

Yep, the music is amazing and yep I think people should start talking about it. It deserves to be talked about.

#7 Edited by Randolph (10520 posts) -

I love their twist on turn based battle. I'm really tired of the hit and miss experimental hybrid battle systems. Speaking of turn based systems, where the hell is Pier Solar HD?? That game is starting to seem like vaporware.

#8 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (12950 posts) -

@ Randolph

Active Time Battle is used in many JRPGs, its not really a twist, its more like a Spin Off.

#9 Edited by coasterguy65 (5966 posts) -

Not a big fan of the combat, but I can see why people like it.

#10 Posted by bowchicka07 (1075 posts) -

I'm going to pick it up when I get payed next week. Been waiting on a good RPG. It's on 360 right?

#11 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (12950 posts) -

@ bowchicka07

Yep..... But you need Gold.... :p

I'm just joking !

#12 Edited by loafofgame (566 posts) -

I haven't actually played it, nor do I think I will, but from what I've seen in streams it seems to be one of those games that could really bring videogames to a broader audience, without sacrificing gameplay or becoming too childish. At points it looks a bit like 'my first RPG' (and I mean that in a good way), but with enough challenge and depth to the combat to stay interesting for experienced players. And it looks and sounds amazing. This would be one of those games I'd show to people who are sceptical about videogames.

#13 Posted by Behardy24 (4201 posts) -

Haven't played it yet, but looks cool.

#14 Posted by osan0 (12725 posts) -

im holding out for a vita version. this is a type of game i would prefer to play on a handheld.

if there is nothing in a few months then i will pick it up on PC.

looks great though.

#15 Posted by Shmiity (5127 posts) -

It's cute, but It didn't blow my mind. Kind of like Dust:Elysian Tail

#16 Edited by hrt_rulz01 (6090 posts) -

It's an amazing game... one of the best I've played in a while.

#17 Edited by DanWensing (10 posts) -

it has the best battle system i`ve ever played. It is just fantastic. I hope other producers copy this system.

#18 Edited by Behardy24 (4201 posts) -

I love the art style of it.