What do you think of the future of Bioshock?

#1 Posted by evan22198 (12 posts) -

Now that 2K is in charge of Bioshock, what do you think of the future of the series? Personally, I don't think it will do nearly as well, mostly due to Ken Levine not being involved, and the success of Bioshock 2, but I could be wrong. Post your opinions!

#2 Edited by Chatch09 (335 posts) -

Thats a good question and honestly very hard to see. One thing for sure is 2K wont be toning down the violence, quite the opposite probably.

#3 Edited by hrt_rulz01 (5983 posts) -

I'll be very surprised if they can keep that Bioshock DNA going, as I think a lot of that had to do with Levine.

Who knows but. Might turn out to be a good thing.

#4 Posted by Behardy24 (3814 posts) -

I think Bioshock will be alright. 2K internal has already proven themselves that they can make at least a decent bioshock game in Bioshock 2. And 2K is smart, they know the Bioshock series is a sensitive game that demands it needs to be made with care.

#5 Posted by teske4444 (58 posts) -

I don't know what it is, but I prefer the underwater atmosphere over cloud city. Although Infinite was fantastic, I definitely enjoyed 1 and 2 way more, so I hope they return there if there is a sequel.

#6 Posted by Chatch09 (335 posts) -

@teske4444: I wouldn't be surprised if the next one was set in space lol.

#7 Edited by Solaryellow (477 posts) -

@teske4444 said:

I don't know what it is, but I prefer the underwater atmosphere over cloud city. Although Infinite was fantastic, I definitely enjoyed 1 and 2 way more, so I hope they return there if there is a sequel.

The helplessness and vulnerability of isolation is what makes the underwater atmosphere so compelling and much more so than being in the sky.

#8 Posted by SoNin360 (5446 posts) -

I don't know what more can be added to the franchise at this point. Knowing how it's all set up and everything, would they really do another story with a crazy leader and similar themes again? Maybe there's more to explore that I'm overlooking, but if they do come up with something, I won't expect it to be nearly as good as the previous games.

#9 Posted by Behardy24 (3814 posts) -

Next BioShock game should take place either on a massive boat or in space. ;)

#10 Posted by Chatch09 (335 posts) -

@Solaryellow: "The helplessness and vulnerability of isolation is what makes the underwater atmosphere so compelling"

Then imagine being trapped in space.

#11 Edited by psx2514 (214 posts) -

Does 2K also own the rights to the System Shock franchise?

#12 Posted by syztem (7703 posts) -

@Chatch09 said:

@Solaryellow: "The helplessness and vulnerability of isolation is what makes the underwater atmosphere so compelling"

Then imagine being trapped in space.

Or just play System Shock...

#13 Posted by Behardy24 (3814 posts) -

@psx2514 said:

Does 2K also own the rights to the System Shock franchise?

No. EA currently holds the rights to the System Shock franchise.

#14 Posted by psx2514 (214 posts) -

@syztem: Isn't Bioshock pretty much a dumbed down version of System Shock 2? They're pretty much the same game just different locations and simpler gameplay.

#15 Posted by Zelo-Balance (7 posts) -

That not we could control, right?

If 2K want to hold their position on this game, I think they will do their best to achive it.