what do you think of adults who play handhelds?

• 65 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#-49 Posted by Zen_Light (1231 posts) -

Only children and non-gamers would judge them, so who cares?

#-48 Posted by getyeryayasout (7169 posts) -
This is where mobile handhelds win, no "kids toy" stigma. I see grown adults playing games on there phones and pads fairly often, even if they are "casual" games. I very rarely see even young adults using traditional handhelds much less people past their mid-twenties. There seems to be a social paradigm shift that's inevitable however due to gaming becoming a mainstream pass time and the video game generation growing older. To answer the question though, I couldn't care less about how others spend their time, to quote a legend "Flava Flav's got problems of his own."
#-47 Posted by Barujin (308 posts) -

Zen_Light

Isn't that the problem, though? Most people I'm around aren't gamers, from what I can tell. If someone isn't playing a phone game, then they get looks for playing a hand-held. I guess that's where this whole thread came from. It's wrong for non-gamers to do that, but what can change it? I guess gamers should just go about their business and let people think whatever they want.

#-46 Posted by unrealtron (3148 posts) -
Haven't seen one in my life.
#-45 Posted by SulIy (112 posts) -
The few adults how might judge other adults for having a 3DS or Vita, etc. likely have at least two or three game apps on their smartphones or tablets. The people who do judge based on such things are petty self important insecure fools, and are best ignored.
#-44 Posted by Ricardomz (2329 posts) -

I think they look a little bit childish.

#-43 Posted by Bigboi500 (29310 posts) -

I think they look a little bit childish.

Ricardomz

Well I'm sure upon learning this valuable information, all us adult handheld gamers will give up our hobby so you'll think better of us.

#-42 Posted by SaudiFury (8707 posts) -
The few adults how might judge other adults for having a 3DS or Vita, etc. likely have at least two or three game apps on their smartphones or tablets. The people who do judge based on such things are petty self important insecure fools, and are best ignored.SulIy
unless they are your superiors at the company. at which point yeah....
#-41 Posted by dagreenfish (1817 posts) -

[QUOTE="Zen_Light"]

Barujin

Isn't that the problem, though? Most people I'm around aren't gamers, from what I can tell. If someone isn't playing a phone game, then they get looks for playing a hand-held. I guess that's where this whole thread came from. It's wrong for non-gamers to do that, but what can change it? I guess gamers should just go about their business and let people think whatever they want.

I don't see how that's a problem or why it's "wrong for non-gamers." It's not like people are harassing adults with handhelds. And if they hold certain opinions about adults playing handhelds, what does it matter? It's no different than thinking a genre of music sucks or this kind of food sucks.
#-40 Posted by Rattlesnake_8 (18360 posts) -
Nothing wrong with it. They make mature rated games on handhelds so they obviously have a audience for it. People that are on the road a lot would probably prefer a handheld than lugging around a console.
#-39 Posted by coasterguy65 (5873 posts) -

I game on handhelds, and I've never really cared what people think of me. It's no different than seeing an adult playing Angry Birds on an iPhone. Which I see all the time.

#-38 Posted by Reptylus (1875 posts) -
I kinda like myself.
#-37 Posted by HipHopBeats (2873 posts) -

Doesn;t bother me in the slightest. I see plenty of adults, male and female, playing games like Bejeweled, Guitar Rig, etc on their cell phones. Especially if you live in an over populated city, what else are you going to look at on a long, dull train, bus ride?

#-36 Posted by Goyoshi12 (9687 posts) -

Given my demographic and the things that I choose to enjoy, f*ck no.

Pesonal bias aside, still no. Who cares? I don't judge unless actions prove otherwise and anyone who judges them otherwise just screw'em.

#-35 Posted by lild1425 (6757 posts) -

I think it's awesome personally.