what do you think of adults who play handhelds?

• 65 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by nero_rules (720 posts) -
do you judge them? do you think others judge them?
#2 Posted by MonsieurX (29230 posts) -
Nothing wrong with that.
#3 Posted by Blueresident87 (5330 posts) -

People judge them, sure. But people judge others for everything imaginable.

#4 Posted by Bigboi500 (29139 posts) -

Who cares?

#5 Posted by SoNin360 (5279 posts) -
I wouldn't judge them, in fact I technically am one. I'm sure others would foolishly judge them, though if they were just playing games on their phone I doubt anyone would care...
#6 Posted by Archangel3371 (15262 posts) -
I'm an adult and I play handhelds. Don't really see what the issue would be.
#7 Posted by dvader654 (44752 posts) -
I do it all the time when I travel. Dont care what anyone thinks.
#8 Posted by nooblet69 (5162 posts) -

Not a big deal.  

#9 Posted by Ragnarok-64 (1295 posts) -

I play my handhelds on the train whenever I take a long trip or even sometimes going to work, don't care what people say and if others do it at all.

#10 Posted by Wolfetan (7522 posts) -

Who cares?

Bigboi500
#11 Posted by Masenkoe (4888 posts) -

Not a big deal.  

nooblet69

Better than getting too intensely involved with something like Angry Birds on your phone... 

#12 Posted by CongressManStan (918 posts) -
As much as I would like to play them in public I don't. They don't seem professional for adults.
#13 Posted by rragnaar (27023 posts) -
I can't imagine that anyone really has an issue with it. There are way more adults who game on the go these days than there used to be, whether it is with a dedicated system or a smartphone.
#14 Posted by MAILER_DAEMON (45906 posts) -
If that's to be judged, then so is playing games on a phone or carrying around a tablet.
#15 Posted by nero_rules (720 posts) -
If that's to be judged, then so is playing games on a phone or carrying around a tablet.MAILER_DAEMON
Except that most people really don't look at it as the same thing (even if it is).
#16 Posted by lamprey263 (22801 posts) -
I already feel like I humor my inner child enough by gaming, what difference does a handheld make.
#17 Posted by blueboxdoctor (2397 posts) -

Why judge them for playing a video game?  If anything, judge those who play iPhone games but claim they don't like vidoe games, but even then judging isn't worth it, they're just more amusing than anything.

Then again, as gamers we probably all know handhelds have quality games (i.e. nintendo has pokemon and mario games just to name 2 of many franchises and sony has uncharted/assassin's creed/and littlebigplanet on their vita, and if someone has both handhelds then they're in for a world of quality titles) so to judge them wouldn't make much sense.

#18 Posted by thom_maytees (3669 posts) -

I do not mind fellow adults playing handhelds, but there is something wrong when they play these lewd games found on the DS and PSP.

#19 Posted by jsmoke03 (12618 posts) -

i never thought of it. If i saw a mid 30 adult in a suit playing...i think it was awesome. If i see mid 20's, i wouldn't think anything of it

#20 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

I'm an adult and I play handhelds. Don't really see what the issue would be.Archangel3371

Yeah,exactly.

#21 Posted by capaho (1253 posts) -
I wasn't aware that there was an age-related issue regarding handhelds. What judgement is there to rendered when seeing an adult playing a handheld?
#23 Posted by Namgis (3572 posts) -

I see it all the time. I am a little envious. I want to get one, but don't really have a need for one. My phone offers me enough of a distraction when I need it. The only time I judge them is if they are so immersed in their game that they don't pay attention while walking and bump into me. Then they're a menace.

#24 Posted by mikeyMKII (754 posts) -

I'm one of them. I approve of myself.

#25 Posted by Leongreat (580 posts) -
What should I be doing when I am travelling on a train? Reading a newspaper or doing some work?
#26 Posted by sukraj (21902 posts) -

there is nothing wrong with adults who play handhelds u can be any age to play them.

#27 Posted by mooooo99 (1239 posts) -

i would say i'm an adult at 25+.. last night i played little big planet and modnation racers on my vita. nothing wrong with it at all.

#28 Posted by Barujin (308 posts) -

I judge people who play cheezy phone games and browser games. :P Nintendo is fine.

#29 Posted by The_Last_Ride (69772 posts) -
i play on my 3DS from time to time, and i am an adult
#30 Posted by YoshiYogurt (5973 posts) -
I pretty much play my 3ds in my house for the exclusive games. Will occasionally take it to friend's houses for some multiplayer
#31 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (15887 posts) -

I play my old games on a netbook (along with a mouse) while in a cafeteria or the food court in a mall. I'm too engrossed with what I'm doing to notice if people are watching me or not.

#32 Posted by funsohng (27537 posts) -
I think I'm pretty cool, thanks. If someone judges me just because I play handhelds, he is a moron, and a moron's opinion needs not be concerned by me.
#34 Posted by funsohng (27537 posts) -

An adult that plays on Vita? Nothing wrong with that. An adult that plays on 3DS? Something is seriously wrong with them and they need to grow up.

burgeg
Why? Why does that even matter? Are you insecure or something?
#35 Posted by Barujin (308 posts) -

[QUOTE="burgeg"]

An adult that plays on Vita? Nothing wrong with that. An adult that plays on 3DS? Something is seriously wrong with them and they need to grow up.

funsohng

Why? Why does that even matter? Are you insecure or something?

Troll Food

#36 Posted by Lucky_Krystal (1730 posts) -

I don't see the big deal. Adults play video games too.

#37 Posted by Venom_Raptor (6958 posts) -

Can't see the difference between adults playing handheld or console.

#38 Posted by SaudiFury (8707 posts) -

People judge them, sure. But people judge others for everything imaginable.

Blueresident87
this exactly. what matters i think is if you can mitigate the image and where your doing this. For me personally, i'd never play a handheld if say i'm business casual in an office building (let alone the one i work in!), but if i'm traveling and at the airport, whether for business or otherwise, i don't care. but yes, depending on who and where you are in life and what your doing, some people will make judgments. it's not fair, it's not right, but people still do it.
#39 Posted by dagreenfish (1817 posts) -
I don't see how it's any different than an adult playing on a pc or console.
#40 Posted by megam (457 posts) -
I don't see a significant difference between an adult playing a handheld and an adult playing Angry Birds on a tablet or phone. If it helps make the commute more enjoyable, more power to them.
#41 Posted by meatgrinderz (1327 posts) -

Don't care and don't judge them. I don't play handhelds though because I have more than enough games on console/pc, and when I'm out somewhere bored I'd rather just read a book or surf the web on the tablet./

#42 Posted by whiskeystrike (12068 posts) -

*insert C.S. Lewis quote here

#43 Posted by benleslie5 (7732 posts) -

Not a big deal, I think its awesome seeing adults playing games on handhelds

#44 Posted by DJ-Lafleur (34123 posts) -

Seeing as I am an adult who plays on handheld I certainly don't have any negative views on them.

#45 Posted by Legolas_Katarn (15592 posts) -
I wasn't aware that there was an age-related issue regarding handhelds. What judgement is there to rendered when seeing an adult playing a handheld?capaho
It's not really a question that makes much sense to ask on a gaming website. The only kind of people who would give an answer saying that they think it's weird would be people who know nothing about video games or the average age of people who play them.
#46 Posted by Jbul (4835 posts) -

Part of being an adult is not being consumed with what others think of you.   So who really gives two sh!ts?

#47 Posted by Baroni88 (340 posts) -
I won't lie. I would probably judge them. But only in might head..... I might take pictures.
#48 Posted by Skinon (86 posts) -

Worring about what other people think is the real problem...

#49 Posted by JustPlainLucas (73564 posts) -
I don't think any more different of them than I do people who play Angry Birds on their iPhones. In fact, I actually think mobile gamers who look down on handheld gamers are complete dicks. Doesn't make sense...
#50 Posted by capaho (1253 posts) -

It's not really a question that makes much sense to ask on a gaming website. The only kind of people who would give an answer saying that they think it's weird would be people who know nothing about video games or the average age of people who play them.Legolas_Katarn

You're right, the question doesn't make much sense, that's why I questioned it.  I played my PSP quite a bit back when I was doing a daily commute to and from work by train.  What's the big deal?  Was I supposed to be staring out the window the whole time looking for a nice pasture to be put out to?