What do you think is the worst online gaming community?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by JamesHarden98 (38 posts) -

I love Left for Dead 2, but whenever I go online to play versus or campaign I always have a teamate that tries to either annoys you, troll you, or is whining about everthing. I have had good lobbies but those are almost exclusively survival lobbies. So my question to you guys is what game do you think has the worst community?

#2 Posted by SoNin360 (5567 posts) -
It's hard to say because experiences will always vary. I played Call of Duty online for a while and obnoxious people were a common thing, but I always muted everyone so I never really experienced the full extent of it.
#3 Posted by Legendaryscmt (12532 posts) -

Call of Duty was always the worst.

#4 Posted by shadowkiller11 (7956 posts) -
Call Of Duty.
#5 Posted by Primordialous (1276 posts) -

Call of Duty has and will always have the worst community.

/thread

#6 Posted by JamesHarden98 (38 posts) -

Call of Duty never bothered me too much because you don't really need to work as a team and its easy to mute everyone and not have to deal with them.

#7 Posted by The_Last_Ride (72969 posts) -
FPS mainly COD, one of the many reasons i stopped buying them
#8 Posted by 23Jarek23 (2617 posts) -

Call of Duty

#9 Posted by DJ_Headshot (6281 posts) -
MOBA games have the worst.
#10 Posted by c_rakestraw (14758 posts) -

All of the biggest, most popular online games. Because for every awesome person you meet in those communities, there's always a bunch more bad apples to ruin it for everyone.

The community for Demon's Souls and Dark Souls has been pretty cool, though. Don't think I've ever seen them be anything but helpful and inviting.

#11 Posted by Michael0134567 (28651 posts) -

Definitely Call of Duty. Many people are just obnoxious.

#12 Posted by IndianaPwns39 (5037 posts) -

Call of Duty, without any doubt in my mind. I will say that since the introduction of League Play I've had a much better experience this time around. Public Matches are still filled with obnoxious people, but given the Win/Lose system of League Play they're less prevelant... still there, but less so.

#13 Posted by MadVybz (2797 posts) -

All of the biggest, most popular online games. Because for every awesome person you meet in those communities, there's always a bunch more bad apples to ruin it for everyone.

The community for Demon's Souls and Dark Souls has been pretty cool, though. Don't think I've ever seen them be anything but helpful and inviting.

c_rake

I've experienced quite the opposite (from Dark Souls since I haven't played Demon's). People with superiority complexes, trolls, a bewildering sense of honor and players with over-inflated egos that I just don't understand. If you heal yourself during a duel you'll more than likely get an insulting message afterward.

I kid you not (I *cannot* make something like this up) I beat a guy once in PvP and he sent me a rage message, whining that I didn't read his gamer profile before engaging him in battle. Because apparently, he's soooooooo important that for every random person he meets on the internet he expects them to have done a background check on him and all of the arbitrary rules he's set because he's crap at the game.

While the above is indeed only a one-off thing, it's just something I doubt would ever happen in any other game (and it certainly hasn't for me).

It's the main reason why I enjoy PvE in Dark Souls much, much more than PvP.

#14 Posted by c_rakestraw (14758 posts) -

I've experienced quite the opposite (from Dark Souls since I haven't played Demon's). People with superiority complexes, trolls, a bewildering sense of honor and players with over-inflated egos that I just don't understand. If you heal yourself during a duel you'll more than likely get an insulting message afterward.

I kid you not (I *cannot* make something like this up) I beat a guy once in PvP and he sent me a rage message, whining that I didn't read his gamer profile before engaging him in battle. Because apparently, he's soooooooo important that for every random person he meets on the internet he expects them to have done a background check on him and all of the arbitrary rules he's set because he's crap at the game.

While the above is indeed only a one-off thing, it's just something I doubt would ever happen in any other game (and it certainly hasn't for me).

MadVybz

Yikes.

Bears mentioning that my experiences have come more from outside of the game than in (didn't get a chance to explore Demon's Souls' online due to problems with my Internet at the time). From there, they come off as pretty nice people -- always immediately giving tips and such as soon as someone says their stuck, for instance.

#15 Posted by MadVybz (2797 posts) -

[QUOTE="MadVybz"]

c_rake

Yikes.

Bears mentioning that my experiences have come more from outside of the game than in (didn't get a chance to explore Demon's Souls' online due to problems with my Internet at the time). From there, they come off as pretty nice people -- always immediately giving tips and such as soon as someone says their stuck, for instance.

I find that it depends on the situation. If you go on forums you'll notice that people are nice and give useful information for newcomers and such, but when it comes to invasions people have little to no respect for one another in-game (going off my experiences of course). I also find that there's this weird excess of predicated ways to play the game. For example, I was browsing YouTube to listen to the soundtrack, and I found quite a bit of tension in the comments particularly regarding the final boss.

[spoiler] Apparently parrying all of Gwyn's attacks is the 'noobish' and 'dishonorable thing to do'. [/spoiler]

Though, it is YouTube, so I'm willing to give most Souls fans the benefit of the doubt.

#16 Posted by TrainerCeleste (1774 posts) -
Phantasy Star Universe Game turned into some kind of weird pedophile dating service before the US servers ended
#17 Posted by c_rakestraw (14758 posts) -

I find that it depends on the situation. If you go on forums you'll notice that people are nice and give useful information for newcomers and such, but when it comes to invasions people have little to no respect for one another in-game (going off my experiences of course). I also find that there's this weird excess of predicated ways to play the game. For example, I was browsing YouTube to listen to the soundtrack, and I found quite a bit of tension in the comments particularly regarding the final boss.MadVybz

Yeah. Versus-multiplayer tends to bring out the worst in some. That's why I tend to avoid it in games like that; well, apart from fear of being absolutely decimated at moments notice, that is.

[spoiler] Apparently parrying all of Gwyn's attacks is the 'noobish' and 'dishonorable thing to do'. [/spoiler]

Though, it is YouTube, so I'm willing to give most Souls fans the benefit of the doubt.

MadVybz

Saw that. Didn't get it what the big deal was. But that's YouTube commenters for ya.

#18 Posted by -DirtySanchez- (32760 posts) -
all of it, people in general are asses, and take away any face to face confrontation and that only increases dont get me wrong ive met plenty of cool people playing games, but ive met 100X more that are just complete asses, which is funny since the best part of them ran down the crack of their mothers..
#19 Posted by syztem (7705 posts) -

Xbox Live.

#20 Posted by whiskeystrike (12068 posts) -

Any MOBA

#21 Posted by Vari3ty (11111 posts) -

Any MOBA

whiskeystrike

This. League of Legends is just awful.

#22 Posted by roulettethedog (10991 posts) -

I heard W.O.W. is very clicky. From the games that I played, it had to have been Halo2 on Xbox live. A server full of 12 year olds.

#23 Posted by Michael0134567 (28651 posts) -

I also forgot Left 4 Dead 1 and 2 on the Xbox 360. It's very difficult to find good players because most are just idiots. Some won't help, some suck at helping, or just teamkill. Many people I've encountered will just kill the character they're playing as by jumping off something and then quit.

I remember when I just joined a game with two other players (my sister was playing with me too), and they accused us of shooting them when I was reviving one of them when they were down and the other was dead. We may have accidentally shot them once when we were trying to save them from the Infected when they were down, but that doesn't mean you need to kill us both. I remember when they tried to tell us how skilled they were with two players when they had infinite ammo M60's and grenade launchers and it was set to easy :lol:.

#24 Posted by mrsniper83 (1552 posts) -
I agree with people saying Call of Duty, its nothing but people who talk trash and dudes that make penis emblems for their playercards.....I mute everyone on there because I can't stand it.
#25 Posted by CRS98 (9036 posts) -
Call of Duty. Not that I have any real experience with it since MW2, but my friend, despite his complaints of unbalanced gameplay, constant yelling when playing, and inviting people who've insulted him to our party after a 1v1, just can't seem to stop playing the damn game.
#26 Posted by ShadowMoses900 (17081 posts) -

Red Dead Redemption is pretty bad, people just ride up to you and shoot you for absolutely no reason. But the online for that game is kinda empty as far as content goes, no trains and not many NPC's in towns, so what else do people have to do in that game except pick on other players?

#27 Posted by CRS98 (9036 posts) -

Red Dead Redemption is pretty bad, people just ride up to you and shoot you for absolutely no reason. But the online for that game is kinda empty as far as content goes, no trains and not many NPC's in towns, so what else do people have to do in that game except pick on other players?

ShadowMoses900
Could do the missions that allow you to level up. Though that would get boring after a while. Posse wars would be fun if people were encouraged to join as such.
#28 Posted by ShadowMoses900 (17081 posts) -

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

CRS98

Could do the missions that allow you to level up. Though that would get boring after a while. Posse wars would be fun if people were encouraged to join as such.

Ya I got to the full max level on it with the zebra and all, but that was only because my friends played. Once they left to other games I just lost interest in it. The gang hideout missions get old and only a couple actually give you decent XP, the gang matches are ok for a while but also get old.

#29 Posted by CRS98 (9036 posts) -

[QUOTE="CRS98"][QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

ShadowMoses900

Ya I got to the full max level on it with the zebra and all, but that was only because my friends played. Once they left to other games I just lost interest in it. The gang hideout missions get old and only a couple actually give you decent XP, the gang matches are ok for a while but also get old.

Well, it's not like the game's online activity is at an all time high, especially after 2 years. Granted, I barely ever played RDR online, but it's not like people are going to stay around. And the occasional griefer is good to fend off every once and a while. Keeps the game from being peaceful all the time.
#30 Posted by IndianaPwns39 (5037 posts) -

I agree with people saying Call of Duty, its nothing but people who talk trash and dudes that make penis emblems for their playercards.....I mute everyone on there because I can't stand it.mrsniper83

There are a lot of swatzitka emblems too.

I'm not sure if I spelled that correctly, and in this particular instance I don't care.

#31 Posted by lensflare15 (6182 posts) -

It used to be several of the PSP online games. They were fun, when they weren't completely overrun with hackers that is. I'd also say Call of Duty, but I've only watched people play that online.

#32 Posted by Farsendor1 (415 posts) -

cod and moba

#33 Posted by AtlasScar (9 posts) -
Gears of War's players were some of the biggest jerks ever, but it was still super fun. The community was just kinda dumb at times.
#34 Posted by ButaDujo (331 posts) -

I love Left for Dead 2, but whenever I go online to play versus or campaign I always have a teamate that tries to either annoys you, troll you, or is whining about everthing. I have had good lobbies but those are almost exclusively survival lobbies. So my question to you guys is what game do you think has the worst community?

JamesHarden98

I always seemed to get stuck with some Jackrabbit who would run ahead and leave the rest of us with a huge horde mob or tank.