What do you think about games from Eastern Europe ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

xXViallXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 xXViallXx
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

Hi pals !

French student here, I'm currently writing a dissertation and would appreciate if you could take a moment to help me with it.

I'm studying videogames from Eastern Europe and how they are established on the videogame market. Meaning, how games from Ukraine, Poland, Russia and Belarus sell, why, etc.

1. What games do you know from those countries ? (please not just The Witcher)
  2. How would you define games from Eastern Europe ?
  3. Have you ever played Russian games ?
  4. What do those games have in common ?
  5. What makes them different from other games ?
  6. Do you check where a game is from ?

Thanks a lot pals !

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

Eastern European and Russian developers have cornered the traditional PC simulation (eg DCS series, IL-2 series, ARMA series, etc) market. I think highly of them, politics aside.

dylandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#3 dylandr
Member since 2015 • 4940 Posts

1.) Warthunder, Heroes and Generals, World of tanks (to name a few)

2.) Just as good as those made by other countries alot war related stuff though.

3.) Yes, Ofcourse!

4.) The russian weapons are stronger as the rest but they are pretty balanced and free-to-play.

5.) The high quality, if you look at the mentioned games you'll see that they are made in pretty high detail and/or overall quality!

6.) Not really but if i like a game i will check if they made more games (and most of the time you'll find the place where they are stationed)

dylandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 dylandr

@jun_aka_pekto: ARMA was an mediocre series anyways with bad hit detection and bugs and glitches around any corner! It was not hard for the eastern Devs to top that... btw i forgot to add: They look more at quallity as western Devs.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

@dylandr said:

@jun_aka_pekto: ARMA was an mediocre series anyways with bad hit detection and bugs and glitches around any corner! It was not hard for the eastern Devs to top that... btw i forgot to add: They look more at quallity as western Devs.

That's fine. There's so many times in the real world where I thought I hit something when in fact, I missed. I like the realistic engagement distances in the ARMA games which also mimic the real world. Sometimes, I'd be clueless as to where the shots are coming from. I even like the clunky movements which mimic helmet bobbing and the weight of a 40-60 lb rucksack on my back.

dylandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 dylandr

@jun_aka_pekto: well if i see a car flying by being bugged through and being ejected it kinda breaks that emersion

xXViallXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 xXViallXx
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

UP

Come on people give me more data :)