What could bring back Splinter Cell?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bballentine95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 bballentine95
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Both Splinter Cell Conviction and Blacklist have done well overall, but in terms of a a true SC fan, the last few installments have been rather disappointing. In my opinion, Blacklist did a fairly decent job at redeeming the slower paced stealthy action, but it's still nothing like what the old games use to be. Chaos Theory was the epitome of the series, being practically the best game on the original Xbox. Double Agent's installment was somewhat okay, but Conviction ruined the series. With Micheal Ironside absent, the series is beginning to just fade from my list of honorable mentions.

But, their is confirmation of another Splinter Cell underway, and although I don't see them changing much, what do you think could help turn things around? I personally think that having Sam retire and become the next "Lambert" could be one direction. Sam has had his run, and I think it's time to shelf him. Briggs could be the next main character. Or, maybe if the game went back in time (and hope to god they bring back Micheal). OR, re-create the first 3 installments. Not some HD remake, but a full on re-boot. Anyways, that's a few of my suggestions. What do you guys think?

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

User Lists: 0

#2 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

Just play the older games instead.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Speed Feak speaks the Truth, also:

Splinter Cell Blacklist eats Chaos Theory for breakfast and shits out Conviction.

Sooooo.......... More Co-op please !