What city do you want GTA V at?

• 61 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by M_1_A_M_I (938 posts) -

I would love to see a return to Vice City. It was my favorite GTA game and I loved the 80's theme.

#2 Posted by hiphopballer (4059 posts) -

San Andreas FTW!!!

#3 Posted by Crimsader (11672 posts) -
I'd like to see Tokyo or Moscow 8) Something more eastern...
#4 Posted by Got_to_go (2036 posts) -

Bluegrass, Florida. You play as Harold Lipton, a 76 year old man who just busted himself out of a retirement home. New mechanics like slow reflex's allowing for more slow paced, tactical car chases. Calls from your children reminding you about updating your will. Insulin injections, similar to Far Cry 2's malaria system. Failure to check your blood sugar and keep up will result in cardiac arrest without warning. The climbing mechanic will have to be removed, along with your running ability. But the new character and game mechanics would make for an experience unlike any other.

#5 Posted by X360PS3AMD05 (36298 posts) -
Europe! Something like a Paris, Vienna, London etc....
#6 Posted by agpickle (3293 posts) -

London ,Tokyo, or VC again.

#7 Posted by M_1_A_M_I (938 posts) -
Bluegrass, Florida. You play as Harold Lipton, a 76 year old man who just busted himself out of a retirement home.Got_to_go
lol
#8 Posted by Heirren (17286 posts) -

It should take place in Playstation Home. That would be sweet. Been wanting to steal some credits from a few people. Imagine the gang warfare occuring with Home avatars fighting 360s cartoonish ones. Now THAT would be sweet, again.

#9 Posted by Bigboi500 (29999 posts) -

Mexico City, cartel country.

#10 Posted by Diablo-B (4049 posts) -
Sorry to burst your bubble but all the numbered GTA games have been set in NYC and I doubt that will change. Now that doesn't mean we won't see non-number GTA that takes place some where else. I think GTA New Orleans would be a nice US city to have it. For an international flavor a game that lets you go between France and Germany wouldn't be bad. You can also throw in Italy and start waging war with the Church.

But GTA 5 will be in NYC.
#11 Posted by Heirren (17286 posts) -

The only way I would buy another GTA if it is going to follow the same formula, is if it takes place in chicago.

#12 Posted by Lawgamer83 (107 posts) -

You already have Saints Row which take place in Detroit/Chicago. Honestly, Seattle, WA and Vancouver, BC would be great, with the border stuff and triads, etc.

#13 Posted by bobbleheadrogue (2203 posts) -
Somewhere in Asia
#14 Posted by woonsa (6321 posts) -
Somewhere in Asia bobbleheadrogue
Yes, I've had enough of the west. Same old bullcrap.
#15 Posted by brittoss (1028 posts) -

Bluegrass, Florida. You play as Harold Lipton, a 76 year old man who just busted himself out of a retirement home. New mechanics like slow reflex's allowing for more slow paced, tactical car chases. Calls from your children reminding you about updating your will. Insulin injections, similar to Far Cry 2's malaria system. Failure to check your blood sugar and keep up will result in cardiac arrest without warning. The climbing mechanic will have to be removed, along with your running ability. But the new character and game mechanics would make for an experience unlike any other.

Got_to_go

It must also have a dedicated "Get off the lawn!" and "I pooped my pants" buttons.

#16 Posted by CRS98 (9036 posts) -

Got_to_go
:lol: Best idea ever!
#17 Posted by dakan45 (18621 posts) -
Tokyo or multiple cities like san andreas, gta iv city was a joke.
#18 Posted by Diablo-B (4049 posts) -
Tokyo or multiple cities like san andreas, gta iv city was a joke.dakan45
The city of GTA 4 was NYC. The same city of GTA 3, 2, and 1. NYC is not a joke city.
#19 Posted by 1zenron1 (672 posts) -
I'd rather not see it at all. I'm bored of GTA now.
#20 Posted by TheGrayEye (2578 posts) -

Got_to_go

I hope Rockstar is reading this right now.

#21 Posted by nbessiner (731 posts) -

Vice city! I loved that place, they should just make it bigger though

#22 Posted by Treflis (11571 posts) -
Both San Andreas and Vice City.
#23 Posted by weezyfb (14703 posts) -
ugh no remakes cities... anything new
#24 Posted by AFBrat77 (24134 posts) -

[QUOTE="Got_to_go"]

TheGrayEye

I hope Rockstar is reading this right now.

great idea! I'd buy it if done right.

#25 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (18507 posts) -
Chattanooga (Tennessee)
#26 Posted by Philhellene (178 posts) -

I'd want it to be set in a place not done by Rockstar before. There are so many possibilities. Moscow? You could do favors for the Russian mob, or against them? You could be an American coming to Moscow to set up your own American mafia like the Russian does in NYC. Another possibility is London but the place is pretty stale though but you could make a story around immigrant gangs in London. I'd want it to be set in a non-English speaking place because we've done plenty of that now. NYC, Miami, Los Angeles, etc.

#27 Posted by jcopp72 (5339 posts) -

San Andreas FTW!!!

hiphopballer
I would like to see the game be more like San Andreas but the city hmm maybe Chicago or maybe Cheyanne, Wyoming.
#28 Posted by eh-ut (563 posts) -
The city like Las Vegas.
#29 Posted by Morphic (4345 posts) -

Someplace that has some semi rural areas around it. I really enjoyed the country portions of GTA3.

#30 Posted by HaLoMaStErJT (1380 posts) -

I'd like to see Tokyo or Moscow 8) Something more eastern...Crimsader
\

Thats what I was thinking. Tokyo would be a cool setting for GTA V.

#31 Posted by Schin360 (73 posts) -

modern vice city *-*

#32 Posted by dakan45 (18621 posts) -
[QUOTE="dakan45"]Tokyo or multiple cities like san andreas, gta iv city was a joke.Diablo-B
The city of GTA 4 was NYC. The same city of GTA 3, 2, and 1. NYC is not a joke city.

Well it did not quite cut it. The liberty city from gta iv was a much better "NYC" same goes for true crime new york, prototype and every other game in NY but gta iv just did not seem like it. Just one small city, still not vice city but still it was pretty dissapointing for all that time they spend developing the game.
#33 Posted by EL1TESN1P3S (345 posts) -

san andreas if its too big for the memory just take away san fierro and las venturas and make los santos bigger

#34 Posted by Macutchi (4128 posts) -

I'd like to see Tokyo or Moscow 8) Something more eastern...Crimsader

after the eastern european theme of gta iv id say no to moscow but yes to tokyo or somewhere in asia... singapore could be good, the only state in asia that has english as a first language. hong kong or bangkok would be good too

#35 Posted by PetJel (3723 posts) -
A European or Asian city would be a nice change. Old buildings, canals, or a high tech metropolis with some hillside landscape.
#36 Posted by MetroidPrimePwn (12399 posts) -

Gotham 8)

#37 Posted by -DirtySanchez- (32760 posts) -
i wanna see another 80's game, a return to 80's vice city would be perfect for me
#38 Posted by anthonycg (2017 posts) -
I say they put modern day Vice City, San Andreas, and Liberty City in the same game like the Midnight Club series did. There would be a lot of side quests lol. And no pigeons this time............
#39 Posted by -DirtySanchez- (32760 posts) -
I say they put modern day Vice City, San Andreas, and Liberty City in the same game like the Midnight Club series did. There would be a lot of side quests lol. And no pigeons this time............anthonycg
if GTA went back to sony only then yea it could work, but they could never do that on dvd
#40 Posted by anthonycg (2017 posts) -
Maybe they could just make it a multi-cd game like Final Fantasy XIII.
#41 Posted by weezyfb (14703 posts) -
also it needs to be a multicultural city so tokyo is out
#42 Posted by Filipino_Rambo (259 posts) -

San Andreas

#43 Posted by Cheesemanook (226 posts) -

I would like to see the next game set in Liberty City, like in GTA 3 and 4. I like it resembles New York City so well.

#44 Posted by Pvt_r3d (7897 posts) -
Orlando or Miami
#45 Posted by XanderKage (8956 posts) -

People who think that GTA V won't be set in Vice City are gravely mistaken. It's so obvious, even Capitain Obvious wouldn't bother saying that. It also goes without saying that VC will get the same treatment Liberty City got for GTA IV - meaning it will be heavily based on a real city, which of course would be Miami. I can't wait for all the Dexter references...

#46 Posted by depend3ncy (623 posts) -

Seattle/Vancouver? lol

#47 Posted by cybrcatter (16210 posts) -

Philadelphia would be great to see as the next GTA setting. Atlanta would be 2nd on my little wish list.

#48 Posted by Vic-Ferrari (1637 posts) -
Vice City
#49 Posted by PIUK123 (42 posts) -
TOKYO
#50 Posted by Lethalhazard (5452 posts) -
Orlando or MiamiPvt_r3d
Omg, Orlando. Imagine having all the theme parks you could go to and cause havoc.