What bad game do you still love?

Jeg3854

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll What bad game do you still love? (8 votes)

Tell me your bad games you love 63%
Tell me what you think of my bad choices 50%

If you play alot of video games it will happen, you'll come across bad games. Sometimes these games that critics, gaming community, and your friends say are bad but you still love. You even know by definition the game is bad, but still love anyways.

Two games for me that come to mind are...

1. (XBOX 360)The Walking Dead Survival Instinct. The graphics suck, its to short, its to easy, and the good ideas they had in the game were not developed. But I still loved it.

2. (PS1) Shadow Madness. It had horrible graphics even for PS1, to easy, level maxed out to fast, it was a very very cheap FF7 clone, and the spells were never explained (just use it and find out). Again I still loved the funny sarcastic dialog throughout the whole game that kept me playing.

I know I have more that I'll think of later. Feel free to share your own bad games you love

• 
PutASpongeOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#1 PutASpongeOn
Member since 2014 • 4897 Posts

I don't like any games that are bad, though there are games that reviewed badly and are looked at as bad which are actually super good. Stuff like Resi 5 and 6. The Evil Within is massively underhyped. The Dwarves is good but got a bad metacritic.

Etc etc

Jeg3854

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Jeg3854
Member since 2017 • 52 Posts

@putaspongeon:

Thats what I mean those games that everyone else says is bad, but you love it anyways

PutASpongeOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 PutASpongeOn

@jeg3854 said:

@putaspongeon:

Thats what I mean those games that everyone else says is bad, but you love it anyways

I mean that's the thing, resi 5 and 6 only got the bad rap since they move from survival horror to a more action game, the games are top quality games though.

Jeg3854

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Jeg3854

@putaspongeon:

Agreed I loved RE 4 and 5. I thought 6 was only ok. It had great ideas different campaigns, 2 different characters in each. But it was to unfocused and to many quick times

PutASpongeOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 PutASpongeOn

@jeg3854 said:

@putaspongeon:

Agreed I loved RE 4 and 5. I thought 6 was only ok. It had great ideas different campaigns, 2 different characters in each. But it was to unfocused and to many quick times

I find 6 better than 5. It had a shit ton of content and 5's co op seemed tact'd on. Meanwhile 6's felt fully fleshed out.
I mean just look at it, you have multiple story modes and tons of other modes. Idk, I feel like almost the entirety of the hate it gets is because it's not survival horror.

Loading Video...

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#6 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@putaspongeon:

Thank god for Resident Evil 7.

PutASpongeOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 PutASpongeOn

@killered3 said:

@putaspongeon:

Thank god for Resident Evil 7.

I prefer 6 over 7. 4 and 6 are my favorite, followed by 5. As someone who's not a fan of stuff like limited saves, I could never get into the old ones.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56092 Posts

No Man's Sky comes to mind. It's a very bad game that I love to play. Destiny also comes to mind.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#9 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

Best examples I can think of as far as critic scores go are Family Guy: Back to the Multiverse (4.0) and Hardware Rivals (5.6). I thought Family Guy was a fun rental and I had a blast with Hardware Rivals as a PS+ title for the first couple of weeks it was released.

Jeg3854

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Jeg3854

@killered3:

I agree totally with the RE7, that was a great series reboot. Also back to RE6 comments from before it wasn't a bad game, it just was just so far fromwhat RE fans wanted.

Jeg3854

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Jeg3854

@SoNin360:

I played Family Guy and thats exactly the kind of game I meant with this list. That is perfect one you even know is, bad but don't care and love it

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#12 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

@davillain- said:

No Man's Sky comes to mind. It's a very bad game that I love to play.

Once they drop it down to about $10, I will be buying it. From what I'm hearing from friends who bought NMS, they say it's a broken game but can be enjoyable at times. Now as far as other bad games that I enjoy, I would have to say DMC2 and RE6.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

Alpha Protocol comes to mind. I didn't play it at release, so maybe that is why my experience with it was better than most (it got patched, I guess), but I still think it is one of the most criminally underrated games of all time. It is truly an amazing espionage-RPG that offers an experience that, for lack of a better description, is the best parts of Splinter Cell and Mass Effect.

---------

I guess my other favorite "bad" game would be No Man's Sky. I still think the main problem with this game is the player base and the studio, not the game itself, and that's a damn shame. I feel that, as gamers, we have forgotten to have fun for the sake of fun, and No Man's Sky is all about that; it's about putting you down in a big sand pit and letting you go wild with no instructions or anything.

I think that Hello Games had the right idea early on, but as time went on they had to generate hype and you have to keep promising more and more "features" in games, but No Man's Sky is by design a game light on features: all you do is roam around and just, I don't know, relax and discover shit and appreciate stuff for the sake of appreciation and fun. There's no real goal, no tangible reward outside of an upgrade every now and then.

The game definitely had some fundamental problems early on; I had some issues with the small inventory, and there were a few bugs, and I reeeeeeeeeeeeeally wish they invested a bit more time developing space combat (it would have made the game a lot more fun!)

But overall I think it was a great game that made me reconnect with my inner child. It was like entering a universe and every time I entered and exited hyperspace it was a new, fresh experience and I never had to be overly committed to anything like "OH MY GOD! A purple planet! I Want to land there! Ew nevermind it's ugly, let's get out of here" then enter hyperspace and "Oh wow look at this space station NEATO!" and you could just do this for 20 minutes or two hours.

I think people were needlessly tough on this game, and while Hello Games is partially responsible for getting people's expectations up, I think it is mostly our own damn fault.

One lesson I hope we all learned from this, or at least the industry learned, is this: there cannot be "Indie AAA" games. They are mutually exclusive now. Maybe 10-20 years ago when AAA meant quality but not these days when AAA simply means big budget and feature-packed.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56092 Posts

@MarcRecon: Yeah your not really missing much. I recommend just wait till it hits $20 or below. I just happen to be a Sci-Fi fan of these types of games.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11670 Posts

@putaspongeon: said: The Evil Within

The Evil Within was never overall considered "bad", it just didn't meet hype and expectations. Not to mention most Biohazard/ Resident Evil fans have many whiny punks that think Resi 4 is a "bad" game as well.

Add to that TEW is a tougher game than a FROM SOFTWARE RPG, and you have very mixed views due to frustrated gamers that usually play auto-save Uncharteds. The game was well received and sold over 4 million copies. Giving Bethesdas note of approval for a sequel someday. Game is great in my opinion.

As for Resi 5 and 6. . . I enjoyed Merc mode more than the campaigns. 6 more than 5, only because Leons and Adas campaign are pretty solid thrill-rides. And jumping on your back was funny in coop. But TEW was a much better game than both, (how I long for a TEW2.)

As for Resi 7 I'm still mixed minded. The actual game was so-so. Felt like a game true to its roots, however the perspective really threw me off. It didn't work with the level design and honestly seeing this being an issue if future games go in First Person_

@jeg3854Manhunt was pretty panned critically from what I remember, it entertained me but that's just because I liked Rockstar making essentially a Horror game. Mechanically flawed, but the sneaking was tight. Plus, I try and play as many Horror games as I can. It's something I enjoy. I didn't however enjoy the sequel (uncut version) it lost the charm of the original, trying to be more psychological which wasn't the first games purpose.

Can't think of anything else really, Resident Evil 6 I didn't "love" but enjoyed more that 5 and in some areas 7. But then I like Revelations 2 more than both.Which was more accepted critically than 5/6.

Haven't played either game on your list so can't state what I think. I'm not a jerk who puts opinions on games I've never played; like 95% do on the Forums.

Jeg3854

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Jeg3854

@RSM-HQ:

Yeah I never played Manhunt so same I don't know what to say about it. All I know about it is all the drama after it came out about getting banned in England for being to violent. Also I meant this to be a regular thread not a poll

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#17 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

Silent Hill Homecoming. It has a ton of flaws and is objectively mediocre, but I've played through it more times than I care to admit. I enjoy the aesthetic and story despite its issues, because it goes to some really fucked up places and I'm a sucker for that. Plus the music and boss designs are some of the series best.

Jeg3854

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Jeg3854

@turtlethetaffer:

I liked that one too. I liked it so much I played it through and got all 5 or 7 ending. Can't remember it was 2008. Also got all 1000 achievement points for it. Just like you I know it was a bad game, but still really liked it

Avatar image for Alexander2cents
Alexander2cents

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#19 Alexander2cents
Member since 2012 • 705 Posts

Charlies Angels and Shadow the Hedgehog.

Jeg3854

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Jeg3854

@Alexander2cents:

Yeah those 2 game's are the definition of loving a bad game. Thanks for sharing

-ParaNormaN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 -ParaNormaN-
Member since 2013 • 1573 Posts

I actually really like Mighty No.9. It had some catchy songs in its soundtrack and I thought the gameplay was interesting. I liked the characters and bosses in the game too. I see the had in the game too like how boring the cutscenes were, if you can even call them cutscenes. I liked how Call started to question Sanda about her not being up to par as the Mighties in her overall design. Made me laugh a little.

Jak42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Jak42
Member since 2016 • 1093 Posts

Big Mutha Truckers. Review wise it didn't go great. But I found it to be an improved and more fun version of the arcade game 18 Wheeler.

Had a ton of fun shipping goods around the map in a fairly open world. As oppose to the very linear arcade structure of 18 Wheeler.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#23 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

@jeg3854: I also got every single ending. I think the only two achievements I need are to find all the collectibles (there's two different kinds IIRC). I definitely got my money's worth out of it and I understand every single criticism leveled against it but like I said I liked more than I disliked about it. And I'll reiterate, it has some of the scariest fucking bosses in the entire series. There aren't a lot of them, but the ones that are there are so unique and horrific. Especially Scarlett. Dear God, that fight is enough to give anyone a panic attack.

xCanucksFan96x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By xCanucksFan96x
Member since 2016 • 11 Posts

Duke Nukem Forever, Homefront, and Bulletstorm are a few that come to mind that I really enjoyed playing through the story of.

Jeg3854

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Jeg3854

@xcanucksfan96x:

Yeah I liked all of those games, except duke nukem forever. Such a let down for me