What are your worst games of 2014?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Porky_Chop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1 Porky_Chop
Member since 2014 • 28 Posts

A lot of people have been talking about their favorite games of 2014, but I want to know what your guys' worst are. For me, I was really disappointed with both Escape Dead Island and Never Alone. I was hoping Escape Dead Island would revive the franchise and make up for the horrible experience that was Dead Island Riptide, but I was unfortunately disappointed. Never Alone also could have been an excellent platformer, but was a serious letdown for me.

What about you guys? Were there any games released this year that let you down?

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#2 mastermetal777
Member since 2009 • 3236 Posts

Thief. Just a poorly designed game all over. Bad audio design, broken A.I., overtly linear paths in what was supposed to be an open sprawling world, and a laughable attempt at a story.

GamerNerdTalk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 1

#3 GamerNerdTalk
Member since 2011 • 341 Posts

I thought Destiny was incredibly boring. For a game that I personally had huge expectations for, they fell incredibly short.

As for the pervious comment about Theif, I did not find it all that bad, although it was pretty disappointing

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

I only bought two games all year. One is Bioshock Infinite and the other is Far Cry 4. Both are great. I also have Watch Dogs. But, I wouldn't have bought it if it didn't come free with my video card. It was okay. But, it'll have to be my worst game for 2014.

Porky_Chop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Porky_Chop

@jun_aka_pekto: Now that you mention it, Watch Dogs was a pretty big letdown for me too.

Old_Gooseberry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#6  Edited By Old_Gooseberry
Member since 2002 • 3958 Posts

Watch dogs here also. I played through about 3-4 missions and quit. It was boring and the driving was poor. I didn't care about the character or what I was doing. And the hacking stuff I didn't care about either. I have fun in a game like Saints Row with really unrestricted freedom, this game was simply boring in everything you did in the game.

I agree with Bioshock infinite also, i hated this game.

pook99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7 pook99
Member since 2014 • 915 Posts

were black flag and wolfenstein 2014 releases? If so those were my 2 biggest letdowns.

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#8 mastermetal777
Member since 2009 • 3236 Posts

@pook99: Black Flag was 2013. Wolfensteinwas this year

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

Not sure because I do research before I buy and make sure I will like the game. But I heard Spiderman and basement crawl for ps4 is trash.

GamerNerdTalk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#10 GamerNerdTalk
Member since 2011 • 341 Posts

@marcheegsr said:

Not sure because I do research before I buy and make sure I will like the game. But I heard Spiderman and basement crawl for ps4 is trash.

The Spiderman game was abysmal. I have a younger cousin who got it for his birthday and he didnt even like it

Creadalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Creadalf
Member since 2014 • 27 Posts

Destiny is up there for me. Boring, generic sci-fi language (The Traveller, The Darkness e.t.c), bullet-sponge bosses, limited exploration in soulless worlds.

I would also say the MCC simply because having made the switch to the Juan, I was phenomenally disappointed that the flagship exclusive of the year could be released in such an incompetent mess.

There were a few contenders this year, most of which I would submit simply because they were broken, rather than there being anything inherently wrong with the content. We did have some excellent games too.

wiouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 wiouds
Member since 2004 • 6233 Posts

Dragon Age Inquisition, bad game play and one of the worse leveling system in a RPG to date.

Avatar image for deactivated-57de35bf0f08e
deactivated-57de35bf0f08e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-57de35bf0f08e
Member since 2014 • 386 Posts

Watch Dogs. The main character just wasn't very likable or noteworthy, and the story was particularly lame.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#15  Edited By speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14414 Posts

Didn't play many games from this year, but Advanced Warfare would probably be my pick if I played it.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

castlevania LOS2 final fantasy 13-3 lords of fallen

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

@GamerNerdTalk said:

I thought Destiny was incredibly boring. For a game that I personally had huge expectations for, they fell incredibly short.

As for the pervious comment about Theif, I did not find it all that bad, although it was pretty disappointing

Yeah 100% agree with both comments... Destiny was probably the biggest disappointment for me, and I also didn't think Thief was that bad (I enjoyed Thief more than Destiny, put it that way).

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#18 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts

I didnt buy many disappointments since I dont usually buy games on Day 1.

But Child of Light was rather disappointing. It's shallow hot garbage that was trying to paint itself as an indie game, but without much of the focus, mechanics and pacing of other similar priced games that released in the past years.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44100 Posts

None that I would classify as worst game for me. I really enjoyed all the games I purchased this year. I was disappointed with the story-telling in Destiny as well as the issues with Halo: The Master Chief Collection's online multiplayer but I still really enjoyed both games.

Avatar image for harry_james_pot
harry_james_pot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20 harry_james_pot  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 11414 Posts

Watch Dogs.

pook99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 pook99
Member since 2014 • 915 Posts

@mastermetal777 said:

@pook99: Black Flag was 2013. Wolfensteinwas this year

thanks for the clarification, in that case I will replace black flag with alien isolation as one of my huge dissapointments this year.

waffleboy22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#22 waffleboy22
Member since 2013 • 305 Posts

i'm tempted to say Assassins Creed Unity, but I think Thief probably takes the title. It was full of what I thought was pretty mediocre gameplay and world design, on top of a really uninteresting story, not to mention the completely strange and confusing cuts between cutscenes and gameplay, leaving you in completely different places, and an extremely poor ending

Porky_Chop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Porky_Chop

@waffleboy22: I was extremely close to getting Thief when it came out, but picked up a different game instead. So glad I did.

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#24 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

A lot of people shitting on Thief. I liked it way better than Watch Dogs or Destiny. Thief had some big flaws, but it was interesting. Worst game? Hmmm. I feel like there was a lot of disappointment this year, not necessarily a lot of horrible games.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

#25 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

For me it's Driveclub, just so dissapointed with that

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#26  Edited By Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

Mario Kart 8 for me. I didn't buy any of the really big disappointments mind you.

USAK1NG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 USAK1NG
Member since 2006 • 27 Posts

For me, there is only one choice - Octodad: Dadliest Catch. I bought it because the trailers made the game look hilarious, fun, and very addicting to play. Unfortunately, the game was absolutely awful. It made me almost rage quit for the first time in years. The controls were horrendous and the stupidity of certain characters got me irritated in the second half of the game. The final level of the game might be the most frustrating level I've ever had to complete in any game. It took me days upon days to finish the game due to the last level. I absolutely despise Octodad.