What Are Your Top Heartbreaking Game Cancellations?

• 70 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17799 Posts

I remember a game called Elveon which was showing a lot of promise back in the beginning of the last gen console cycle. Then the developer shut down. They probably took an arrow to the knee. It's a shame.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XjLyv0BGLU

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#53  Edited By judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7247 Posts

@El_Zo1212o said:

@judaspete: WET 2 was never a thing, was it?

For myself, Mercenaries, Inc and Mercenaries 3: No Limits. The last two products under development at Pandemic Studios.

They started development but never found a new publisher after Bethesda passed.

Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54 TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

Original prey 2. It looked more interested than arkane's version which is supposed to be a system shock inspired game.

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#55 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21700 Posts

probably mega man legends 3.

PsychoLemons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 PsychoLemons
Member since 2011 • 3183 Posts

The Last Guardian (?)

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

@PsychoLemons said:

The Last Guardian (?)

That's not really cancelled though right? Will it ever come out of development.... now that's the question ;]

PsychoLemons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By PsychoLemons
Member since 2011 • 3183 Posts

@BattleSpectre said:

@PsychoLemons said:

The Last Guardian (?)

That's not really cancelled though right? Will it ever come out of development.... now that's the question ;]

True that but it doesn't help the fact that most of the lead developers left the project though.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
deactivated-5bda06edf37ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
Member since 2010 • 4675 Posts

Stalker 2 for sure.

@wiouds said:

half-life 3 but then again. Shooter have improved some much since Half-life 2.

wut? HL3 is still in the making. it would be insane from Valve to not use such epic IP. also, what makes you think HL3 wouldn't also improve much compared to HL2?

wiouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 wiouds
Member since 2004 • 6233 Posts

@groowagon said:

Stalker 2 for sure.

@wiouds said:

wut? HL3 is still in the making. it would be insane from Valve to not use such epic IP. also, what makes you think HL3 wouldn't also improve much compared to HL2?

It been so long since they did anything that I think it is cancel.

Single player FPS has improve so much since Half-life 2. The staging of the shootout are so much better. (please do talk how a worthless maze is better than a very generalized linear path.) Other than a puzzle game Valve has not much in the single player game. This mean they have not experience making a modern FPS.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
deactivated-5bda06edf37ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
Member since 2010 • 4675 Posts

@wiouds said:

@groowagon said:

Stalker 2 for sure.

@wiouds said:

Single player FPS has improve so much since Half-life 2. The staging of the shootout are so much better. (please do talk how a worthless maze is better than a very generalized linear path.) Other than a puzzle game Valve has not much in the single player game. This mean they have not experience making a modern FPS.

i'm just saying that it's a bit crazy to assume that HL3 would play exactly the same as HL2. there was even rumors of HL3 being open world, but yeah, they were just rumors.

all this time has passed after HL2, so i take it as a proof that Valve is thinking big on HL3, and they don't want to make just a simple copy of HL2. if they would've settled for a similiar gameplay, HL3 would've been released years ago.

wiouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 wiouds
Member since 2004 • 6233 Posts

@groowagon said:

@wiouds said:

@groowagon said:

Stalker 2 for sure.

@wiouds said:

i'm just saying that it's a bit crazy to assume that HL3 would play exactly the same as HL2. there was even rumors of HL3 being open world, but yeah, they were just rumors.

all this time has passed after HL2, so i take it as a proof that Valve is thinking big on HL3, and they don't want to make just a simple copy of HL2. if they would've settled for a similiar gameplay, HL3 would've been released years ago.

Just rumors.

Or they could just not care that much.

flashn00b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 flashn00b
Member since 2006 • 3949 Posts

Dawn of War III

As i recall, the game was announced by Relic back when they were still owned by THQ. Unfortunately, Relic is now little more than Sega's bitch. I am sorry, but i can't think of a less vulgar way to describe their current situation because we would've already heard something about DoW3 had Relic not been reduced to bitch status.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By BattleSpectre

@PsychoLemons said:

@BattleSpectre said:

@PsychoLemons said:

The Last Guardian (?)

True that but it doesn't help the fact that most of the lead developers left the project though.

I never played Shadow of the Colossus or Ico but I always hear how highly these games are praised and it always makes me want to play them. I like the fact that there's nothing but your character and pretty much an empty world (as in no NPCs, just you and the environment), with a boss that you need to find on each level yet it still stays immersive and people call it the greatest adventure game of all time. Perhaps I should dust off my PS3 and buy the remastered collection.

Evil_Saluki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#65 Evil_Saluki
Member since 2008 • 5217 Posts

This topic made me look up whatever happened to Kingdom Underfire 3. Apparently not officially cancelled they are developing it for ps4 now., otherwise that might of been my pick. In the mean time it's that Urchin game someone else mentioned, now I read up it was going to be a gothic fable type game all about being bad. That's just me written all over.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By BattleSpectre

@Evil_Saluki: A gothic fable type game based on being bad? I want! =[

fawfulmark2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By fawfulmark2
Member since 2012 • 35 Posts

Commander Keen in: The Universe is Toast.

Viewtiful Joe 3.

Capcom Fighting All-Stars.

Dinosaur Planet.

FEZ II.

Spursnfeathers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Spursnfeathers
Member since 2015 • 34 Posts

EA'S cancellation of ncaa college football.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#69 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

With how disappointing today's Star Wars: Battlefront reveal was, Pandemics Battlefront 3 has once again shot up to my number one heartbreaking cancellation.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#70  Edited By Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

Here's an easy one. Silent Hills, the newest installment in the Silent Hill series as done by Hideo Kojima, Gullermo Del Toro and featuring The Walking Dead/Boondock Saints' Norman Reedus has been officially cancelled today. I think this is probably my biggest gaming cancellation dissapointment since Shenmue 3.

-Byshop

davicof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 davicof
Member since 2015 • 27 Posts

When EA cancelled the free-to-play mmorts Lord of Ultima I was heart broken. I had been playing this daily for 2 years. EA had fired the dev team, couldn't fix the game when it broke,and then killed the servers. At the time of cancellation there were thousands of daily players in the community. Love for the game was so strong that it was recreated by a fan. I'm looking forward to the launch of Crown of the Gods which is in open alpha testing this weekend. Hopefully this new game, www crownofthegods com, fills the void left by LoU.