What are your favorite platformers from this generation?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by verbtex (8549 posts) -

My personal favorite? Rayman Origins. What other good platformers would you reccomend on any console?

#2 Posted by SolidTy (44493 posts) -

Little Big Planet 1 and 2, Rayman Origins which you have, New Super Mario Bros. Wii are my tops...throw in Kirby, Donkey Kong, Ratchet Tools of Destruction PS3, Ratchet : A Crack in Time PS3, and Mario Galaxy games as well for Wii. If you never played Jak & Daxter series or Sly Cooper Trilogy, they also released fun HD PS3 collections for new fans.

Trine for DL on PSN, Trine 2 for PSN/XBLA, Braid for PSN/XBLA, Limbo for PSN/XBLA.

Those immediately come to mind.

Happy gaming! :P

#3 Posted by TAMKFan (32812 posts) -

Super Mario Galaxy, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Sonic Generations and Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction and A Crack in Time comes to mind.

#4 Posted by Litchie (16420 posts) -
New Super Mario Bros., Mario Galaxy 1&2, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Rayman Origins and Super Meat Boy.
#5 Posted by EliteNuke14 (6 posts) -
Either LittleBigPlanet 2 or Super Mario 3D Land
#6 Posted by ThAdEa82 (2261 posts) -

It would have been courage the cowardly dog had they actually made it...but NOOOOOO...

#7 Posted by Noteldnep (20167 posts) -
New Super Mario Bros and Sonic Generations immediately come to mind.
#8 Posted by Nonbeing (504 posts) -
Most of mine are indie titles... that's where I feel most of the true creativity lies in the current state of the gaming industry. Super Meat Boy, Dustforce, Limbo, Braid, Fez (just got it yesterday but it's fantastic so far). Other than all the recent Mario games (Galaxy 1 & 2, New Super Mario Bros), I can't think of many other big name platformers that I've played this generation...
#9 Posted by chocolate1325 (32595 posts) -

Super Mario Galaxy the game just blew me away the sequel is also amazing too.

#10 Posted by TMoney999 (39 posts) -

I can't decide between super mario 3d land or Rayman origins or sonic generations.

#11 Posted by TMoney999 (39 posts) -
HAHA.Hey thats true.
#12 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
unfortunately i havnt played the ninty ones.. that said.. i have only played (this gen) sly collection / the ratchet games / braid (horrible game) and LBP/2 ratchet and clank wins for me
#13 Posted by Nonbeing (504 posts) -
braid (horrible game)campzor
> braid (excellent, interesting, and intellectually engaging game) fix'd
#14 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
[QUOTE="campzor"]braid (horrible game)Nonbeing
> braid (excellent, interesting, and intellectually engaging game) fix'd

nope its pretentious in every corner of it.
#15 Posted by lensflare15 (6182 posts) -

I liked Ratchet and Clank: Crack In Time the best. I didn't play enough though, still need to get a few.

#16 Posted by Salt101010 (147 posts) -

Rayman Origins is the best!!!

#17 Posted by Kizumi (3 posts) -

My personal favorite? Rayman Origins.

verbtex
This one indeed.
#18 Posted by sonic_man00 (5 posts) -

Well, Here are mine not in order i like them: 1.Sonic 06 2.Secret Agent Clank 3.Rayman DS 4.Ratchet And Clank:Size Matters 5.Jak And Daxter:The Last Frontier And no one argue about "Sonic 06 SUCKS!" Or "The first one you put SUCKS" Or other things about Sonic 06. It is better than Sonic Generations. In my opinion.

#19 Posted by roulettethedog (10991 posts) -

I'll go the easy way with Donkey Kong:Returns and the new Super Mario Bros' Wii.

#20 Posted by nintendoboy16 (27254 posts) -
Super Mario Galaxy 1 (2 was great, but weak compared to the first in my opinion) Rayman Origins Sonic Colors Donkey Kong Country Returns
#21 Posted by Renegade_Fury (17292 posts) -

Sonic Colors
Sonic Generations
Super Mario Galaxy 1&2
Donkey Kong Country Returns

I'd say SMG2 is easily the most polished, and if you only are going to play any of these just once, it'd be the one to pick. Sonic Generations is my favorite though, because it gives me the incentive to keep playing for better ranked times, and its crazy fast reaction gameplay is totally unlike any other platformer.

#22 Posted by Jynx_1991 (1301 posts) -

Alice: Madness Returns is my favourite.

#23 Posted by domilli (1 posts) -
i agree! all the coolest game ideas are indie. limbo is incredible and super meat boy is just plain crazy. love those 2 titles!
#24 Posted by mikeyeggo (23 posts) -

Super Mario Galaxy for me.

#25 Posted by LombaxHedgehog (6 posts) -

Well, R&C: Tools of Destruction, Quest for Booty and A Crack in Time no doubt, and Sonic Generations as well.

#26 Posted by wwefanforlife (3247 posts) -
  • Bit.Trip.Runner
  • Ratchet & Clank Future trilogy
  • Sonic Generations (PS3 and 3DS)
  • Super Mario 3D Land
  • New Super Mario Bros DS
  • Super Mario Galaxy
  • Giana Sisters
  • Alice Madness Returns
  • Rayman Origins
  • LittleBigPlanet 2
#27 Posted by l8rsk8r (100 posts) -
my one and only favorite, super mario galaxy :D
#28 Posted by Rioichi21Cooper (227 posts) -

The Sly collection and from the demo I have played Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time

#29 Posted by misteroram01 (13 posts) -

I would like to recomendedSuper Mario Galaxy

#30 Posted by lensflare15 (6182 posts) -

The Ratcet and Clank Future games, Sly 4, Trine, and from the little bit I played of it, Alice: Madness Returns

#31 Posted by jdog1205 (5 posts) -

I'm a huge fan of the Mass Effect trilogy, but Grand Theft Auto 4, Halo, COD, and Batman Arkham games are amazing too.

#32 Posted by AJ-GMR (3 posts) -
Rayman Origins , Sonic Generations, Ratchet and clank future
#33 Posted by flicky711 (1 posts) -
Hey guys. I know this is completely off topic, but i have an old gamate handheld game from the 80s. I cant find much info on it from google and was wondering if anyone has interest in them, and how much theyre worth?
#34 Posted by the9thinning (931 posts) -
Super Mario Galaxy
#35 Posted by programmerr47 (26 posts) -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9I41WnIDCk
#36 Posted by Ryu_Katamari (28 posts) -
2 totally different games, but Sonic Generations and Alice: Madness Returns. The first needs no explaination, but the second was a fantastic take on Alice in Wonderland, sort of a creepy horror movie sequal to it. Totally original game, amazing puzzles and controls, interesting characters, long levels, great story, super crisp graphics. Very addictive.
#37 Posted by Ryu_Katamari (28 posts) -
Ohhh and Super Meatboy!! Holy shit is this game hard.
#38 Posted by GamerNerdTalk (382 posts) -

Prince of Persia (2008) is probably my favorite. mario bros wii and Kirby epic yarn are good too

#39 Posted by Abagnam (122 posts) -
Mario galaxy and NSMB Nobody does platformer games as nintendo does
#40 Posted by PeterMiller (38 posts) -
Super Mario Galaxy Rayman and many more _____________________________________ Borderlands 2 Glitch
#41 Posted by lightning_kf (584 posts) -

2D: New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Rayman Origins, Little Big Planet, Donkey Kong Country Returns and Guacamelee.  Guacamelee is frickin' awesome.

3D: Super Mario Galaxy 2, Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack In Time.

#42 Posted by Liman3D (1 posts) -

Check out our new 3D adventure platformer Deo for PC. Simply a masterpiece for hardcore gamers.