What are you playing right now?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#401 Posted by Articuno76 (18919 posts) -
Currently playing Second Novel for the PSP. It's a Japanese visual-novel game with an interesting premise: it's about a women who has lost the ability to maintain her memory for more than 15 or so minutes; the result of an injury she sustained when she jumped off the roof of her highschool (presumably trying to follow her childhood sweetheart into the afterlife). One day she starts remember things that occurred before the accident, most notably a story she was writing about herself and her highschool life that has uncanny similarities to her actual highschool life. Which parts of her highschool drama are fact and which are fiction? Will following the story along reveal why she 'really' jumped? Or is the whole story a metaphor for something much deeper? << About ten hours in now and I'm enjoying the alternation between the mystery and light-hearted slice-of-life aspects.
#402 Posted by the_verybest (215 posts) -
Driver 2 (PS)
#403 Posted by Exceed20XX (1030 posts) -

[QUOTE="Exceed20XX"]

[QUOTE="Articuno76"] Upon closer inspection there is a smart-phone Japan only version of the game...if the game is already ported and an English translation already exists it boggles the mind as to why no one would slap it up on an app store. VNs are one of the few genres that actually work well on a phone!Articuno76

So how many versions are we talking then? PC, DC, PS2, PSP, Phone?

There is also a remake for the 360 that features 3D character models instead of drawn-characters (though the general consensus is that the characters look creepy and like they have dead eyes). The 360 version apparently has a lot of content edited out or shortened in response to criticisms that the original story dragged and repeated a lot in the beginning. Funnily enough there is no PS3 version.

Despite the 360's obvious lack of popularity over there it seems like it caters to certain Japanese interests strangely well. Monster Hunter Frontier, shmups (a lot of Cave's), and VNs? Anyhow I guess Ever17 may be a long term goal to snag legitimately unless there are translation patches for other versions. I'm growing quite curious about it.

As for on-topic I finished up Snatcher not long ago and transitioned to Dungeon Explorer (SCD ver), past halfway on there as well.

#404 Posted by yellosnolvr (19302 posts) -
going through donkey kong 2 again. :)
#405 Posted by Emerald_Warrior (6581 posts) -

going through donkey kong 2 again. :)yellosnolvr

As it Donkey Kong Jr. or Donkey Kong Country 2?

#406 Posted by Fezzinator101 (231 posts) -

Silent Hill 2.

#407 Posted by good_sk8er7 (4322 posts) -

Right now im playing ffix for the first time. Loving it so far.

Im also playing a little darksiders and crawling through parasite eve (I just dont like the battke system.. like at all. )

#408 Posted by NirdBerd (2116 posts) -

Super Luigi Galaxy

#409 Posted by Shenmue_Jehuty (5207 posts) -

retro - Mars Matrix

current - Metal Gear Rising

#410 Posted by MonoSilver (1525 posts) -
Now I'm playing the very first Final Fantasy. :D
#411 Posted by Articuno76 (18919 posts) -
Fate/Stay for the Vita is taking an unusually long time to arrive so for now I have started on Remember 11 (as with Ever 17, got it from the PSP version from the Japanese PSN store, playing it on the Vita).
#412 Posted by Heirren (17799 posts) -
Metal Slug DS. Great game. Anybody want to recommend some other 16bit style shooters?
#413 Posted by logicalfrank (1641 posts) -

Metal Slug DS. Great game. Anybody want to recommend some other 16bit style shooters?Heirren

Gunstar Super Heroes on GBA is great. Never played the Genesis one though. I also really liked the Astroboy game on GBA which has some shoot-em-up elements. Only Metal Slug game I've ever played is the NGPC one and only a little so I'm not sure how they compare.

#414 Posted by BarbaricAvatar (977 posts) -

Turok Evolution (PS2)

I wasn't expecting much but it's surprisingly good fun.

#415 Posted by Dudersaper (32950 posts) -

Turok Evolution (PS2)

I wasn't expecting much but it's surprisingly good fun.

BarbaricAvatar
My friend had that, I can't really find much enjoyment in it to be honest. On another note, haven't been playing much legacy games, only legacy game I'm playing is Warlords Battlecry III, rest has been all for Dragon Age II and GTA IV. Gonna start Shenmue II soon though, on the XBOX.
#416 Posted by BarbaricAvatar (977 posts) -

"Mashed: Drive to Survive" (PS2)

The controls are a bit twitchy, but it's good fun. Rather like the top-down Micro Machines games.

Also still playing "Global Defence Force" (PS2); the repetitiveness still hasn't put me off, loving every level.

#417 Posted by Exceed20XX (1030 posts) -

I'm gearing up for a big Dreamcast month with some solid titles. In the interim I went though Binary Domain and clocked some time into Gunlord and DJMAX Trilogy.

#418 Posted by Dexter-010 (533 posts) -
Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood and Operation Flashpoint: Red River. Soon I'm gonna start Darksiders and also play some XBOX games like FIFA Street 2 and Tony Hawk's Underground. All Xbox360 games are for a challange.
#419 Posted by BarbaricAvatar (977 posts) -

192511_119827_thumb.jpg

I think i underscored it when i gave it 9.5/10. One of the all-time greats.

#420 Posted by Exceed20XX (1030 posts) -

192511_119827_thumb.jpg

BarbaricAvatar

Revisiting for the upcoming sequel?

#421 Posted by Flubbbs (3321 posts) -

just finished Tomb Raider.. probally gonna do another Spec Ops playthrough next

#422 Posted by travisstaggs (10538 posts) -

Been having a Megaman X-a-thon lately.

#423 Posted by Lucianu (9493 posts) -

Shinning the Holy Ark, great game. 

#424 Posted by BarbaricAvatar (977 posts) -

[QUOTE="BarbaricAvatar"]

192511_119827_thumb.jpg

Exceed20XX

Nope, i watched Danny doing Thief 1 for Gamespot's "Random Encounter" series and felt the overwhelming urge to play again considering i've never actually finished it. :D

I won't be able to run Thief 4 so i'm not really concerning myself with details of it.

#425 Posted by Exceed20XX (1030 posts) -

[QUOTE="Exceed20XX"]

[QUOTE="BarbaricAvatar"]

192511_119827_thumb.jpg

BarbaricAvatar

Nope, i watched Danny doing Thief 1 for Gamespot's "Random Encounter" series and felt the overwhelming urge to play again considering i've never actually finished it. :D

I won't be able to run Thief 4 so i'm not really concerning myself with details of it.

Seeing 4 reminded me I was interested in snagging the collection later on down the line. It's gonna be a long way down the line possibly...

I'm too busy being an ADD kid with a Dreamcast on the nights I'm unoccupied recently.

#426 Posted by Clock-w0rk (3238 posts) -

Playing some SF X Tekken recently.

#427 Posted by bowserjr123 (1624 posts) -

Still playing Pokemon Stadium 2, going through Round 2 now.  My god, is it difficult with rental Pokemon.

#428 Posted by PokeCrysis (44 posts) -
Huh, I would have say: -Kirby Super Star -Mario 64 (AGAIN!!) -TSRPR -EarthBound -Mario Kart 64 -Super-Man 64 (cuz 1tz d3h b3zt g4m3 3v4r)
#429 Posted by spau0588 (40 posts) -
Mega Man series for the NES. Through 2 games and so far they are great.
#431 Posted by Emerald_Warrior (6581 posts) -

http://www.freewebs.com/zeroparadise/Final%20Fantasy%20Anthology%20-%20front%20cover.JPG

I'm about to start Final Fantasy VI on FF Anthology for PS1. I keep hearing how incredibly amazing the game is. Hope it lives up to the hype.

#432 Posted by Seabas989 (10561 posts) -

I'm playing GOW. I forgot that 2005 was sort of the golden age of QTE. :P

#433 Posted by shaggyaz (2279 posts) -

XBOX360-Tomb Raider

PS3-Yakuza 4

Dreamcast-Shenmue

#434 Posted by Dudersaper (32950 posts) -

XBOX360-Tomb Raider

PS3-Yakuza 4

Dreamcast-Shenmue

shaggyaz
Thumbs up for all 3 :D
#435 Posted by Rawrrah (41 posts) -
These days I'm playing Borderlands 2, Amnesia: The Dark Descent (Well, playing the custom stories), and Team fortress 2. I also play New Super Mario Bros. 2 on my Nintendo 3DS at times.
#436 Posted by GreySeal9 (24859 posts) -

Super Mario RPG and Secret of Mana. I'm playing the latter in co-op mode.

#437 Posted by Articuno76 (18919 posts) -
I've finished up with Remember11, shifted towards Virtue's Last Reward (Vita) and Dead or Alive 5 (PS3). Enjoying both very much right now.
#438 Posted by TheGamer1988 (65 posts) -

Metal Gear Solid 3 for the first time. It took a while to get used to the changes such as no radar and no auto aim, but now that I am into it, it is a great game.

#439 Posted by conkertheking1 (833 posts) -

I've recently been working on Jet Force Gemini for N64. I got really far in my last save file (which seems to have vanished), but I'm almost caught up now.

#440 Posted by BarbaricAvatar (977 posts) -

Driver Parallel Lines.

Much, much, much better than i was expecting after being disappointed with Driver 3. In fact PL is rather good.

#441 Posted by MLD89 (1 posts) -
Just 100% Mega Man 10 which for me being a mega man noob is a big deal lol
#442 Posted by logicalfrank (1641 posts) -

I am about a quarter of the way through Ghost Trick on DS. 999 and Virtue's Last Reward got me really excited to play more visual novel type games but this is not scratching the itch in the same way. The puzzles are OK but it is just not as tense. I am enjoying it anyway but it's not at the same level.

#443 Posted by BigBen11111 (1528 posts) -

3DS: Fire Emblem Awakening

Vita: Grand Theft Auto Vice City Stories

PS3: Grand Theft Auto Vice City

Wii: Mario Kart Wii

PC: RuneScape

#444 Posted by GreySeal9 (24859 posts) -

Alternating between Super Mario RPG and a co-op run of Secret of Mana. The latter is getting more attention.

#445 Posted by Emerald_Warrior (6581 posts) -

Legaia 2: Duel Saga.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/eb/Legaia2US.jpg

It's not a direct sequel to Legend of Legaia, which is a bit disappointing. And there are no more Seru or Ra-Seru. Instead there is a race of magic users called Mystics and these powerful mystical stones.

Regardless of the changes I'm still really enjoying it. It keeps the awesome battle system of the original game, and a lot of the same art sensibilities. But with an all-new story, all-new characters, and a shiny coat of PS2 graphics.

#446 Posted by madmenno (1525 posts) -
just played dwarf fortress!
#447 Posted by GreySeal9 (24859 posts) -

Legaia 2: Duel Saga.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/eb/Legaia2US.jpg

It's not a direct sequel to Legend of Legaia, which is a bit disappointing. And there are no more Seru or Ra-Seru. Instead there is a race of magic users called Mystics and these powerful mystical stones.

Regardless of the changes I'm still really enjoying it. It keeps the awesome battle system of the original game, and a lot of the same art sensibilities. But with an all-new story, all-new characters, and a shiny coat of PS2 graphics.

Emerald_Warrior

It lacks Noa, which alone limits its appeal for me. She pretty much carried the original Legend of Legaia IMO, atleast the story.

#448 Posted by Allicrombie (25342 posts) -

Alternating between Super Mario RPG and a co-op run of Secret of Mana. The latter is getting more attention.

GreySeal9
I approve.
#449 Posted by GreySeal9 (24859 posts) -

[QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

Allicrombie

I approve.

Secret of Mana has extremely vibrant graphics and ridiculously fun co-op. Love the game so far.

#450 Posted by cprmauldin (1567 posts) -

In terms of older games, I'm playing Rogue Galaxy. It is rather awesome so far.