What are you playing right now?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#301 Posted by travisstaggs (10536 posts) -

Half Life 2.

I can't believe I didn't play this sooner.

#302 Posted by BigBen11111 (1528 posts) -

I never did beat Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn, but I've finnaly made it to Part IV Chapter 2.

I've also been playing at RuneScape.com

#303 Posted by BarbaricAvatar (977 posts) -

Heatseeker (PS2)

Confused as to why the review scores are so consistantly low for it. Yes, it's no Ace Combat, but to go in expecting it to be is a bit daft to say the least. Treat it less like a poor copy of AC and more like a modernised Afterburner and the outlook is much brighter.

The music is indeed annoying, but it can be turned off. Your altitude is limited and you seem to defy gravity+physics in getting up there. And you can release drop-bombs while flying upside-down. But hardly legitimate reasons for scoring the game so lowly.

I don't have a score formulated yet, but it isn't as rubbish as people would have you believe (if you go in without expecting Ace Combat).

-

Also still playing Valkyrie Profile 2. I've defeated the double-crossing Valkyrie, i've defeated Heimdall, i've defeated Odin and the game still hasn't finished. Fun levels have not decreased though, combat is still excellent despite lots of it occurring.

Decided on an 8.5 score for it. 120 hours in and i'm still having fun, but not much scope for straying off the path which defies its branding as an RPG (which IMO it isn't).

#304 Posted by NaveedLife (17179 posts) -

My MOBO is out for repait currently, so I am trying not to play any high end graphical games on this worse computer :P.

TOrchlight 2

Sonic Adventure 2 (on PC with Wireless 360 controller)

I will soon add to this with probably Kid Icarus, or maybe To The Moon or Bastion.

#305 Posted by Los9090 (7288 posts) -
In terms of Legacy, that would be Super Smash Bros Melee
#306 Posted by jaypakavelya (270 posts) -

I am close to finish Paper Mario 64

#307 Posted by bowserjr123 (1624 posts) -

Final Fantasy IX, I'm about 5 hours in.

#308 Posted by jaypakavelya (270 posts) -

I just finished Paper Mario 64 , wow what a awesome game that I will remember for a long time , its one of those rare games that I will surely beat a couple of times good sorty , excellent gameplay , good replay value !!!!! 10/10

#309 Posted by logicalfrank (1641 posts) -

I just finished Paper Mario 64 , wow what a awesome game that I will remember for a long time , its one of those rare games that I will surely beat a couple of times good sorty , excellent gameplay , good replay value !!!!! 10/10

jaypakavelya

Never played Paper Mario but I just started Mario and Luigi: Super Star Saga on GBA, which is in the same vein. Great game so far. To be honest, I kind of thought I wouldn't like it based on the concept but it's one of the better console RPGs I've played in the last few years.

#310 Posted by dagreenfish (1817 posts) -
Currently getting through the GBA NES Classics versions of Legend of Zelda and Metroid.
#311 Posted by BarbaricAvatar (977 posts) -

GTA San Andreas.

This game keeps giving 8 years on. Even though i've finished everything but the tedious girlfriends, i still have a great time doing whatever i feel like and setting myself challenges.

Today's challenge is: Get a four-star wanted level then try to drive up the path to the top of Mount Chiliad without getting knocked off or killed. :D

#312 Posted by Dudersaper (32949 posts) -

GTA San Andreas.

This game keeps giving 8 years on. Even though i've finished everything but the tedious girlfriends, i still have a great time doing whatever i feel like and setting myself challenges.

Today's challenge is: Get a four-star wanted level then try to drive up the path to the top of Mount Chiliad without getting knocked off or killed. :D

BarbaricAvatar
I also do those kind of "self challenges" :P And yeah, but about 4 or 5 days ago I was plaing SA and thinking, "no matter how many times I play this game, it's so easy to pick up again"
#313 Posted by Ilovegames1992 (14221 posts) -

KOTOR.

5th playthrough.

#314 Posted by bowserjr123 (1624 posts) -

jaypakavelya

Hell yeah, this game is very close to a 10/10 in my book (and I don't rate any game a 10 lol). Definitely one of my favorite RPGs of all time and best game on the N64 alongside Super Mario 64 IMO. I've played this game probably about 5 times through and I'd still be willing to play through it again lol.

#315 Posted by Pikminmaniac (8846 posts) -

the "legacy" games that I am currently engaged in are as follows

-Pikmin (GCN)

-Pikmin 2 (GCN)

Huzzah! What joy! Two of the best games of all time.

#316 Posted by GoldenElementXL (2955 posts) -
Legacy wise I am playing Tomcat Alley On Sega CD, Cool Boarders 2 on PS1 and Powerstone 2 Dreamcast. When these are done I will finally play Shenmue and Skies of Arcadia on Dreamcast. Then I will start working on my snes collection.
#317 Posted by Ilovegames1992 (14221 posts) -

Do original Xbox games comeunder the Legacy category? If so, replaying a **** ton of them.

#318 Posted by logicalfrank (1641 posts) -

Do original Xbox games comeunder the Legacy category? If so, replaying a **** ton of them.

Ilovegames1992

They do. Anything not listed under the platform specific forums is fair game.

#319 Posted by Ilovegames1992 (14221 posts) -

[QUOTE="Ilovegames1992"]

logicalfrank

They do. Anything not listed under the platform specific forums is fair game.

Fair enough.

Inbetween jobs atm, so have a bit of time to be a waster.

Going through KOTOR, KOTOR II, Splinter Cell trilogy, Fahrneheit and Lord of the Rings the Third Age.

New playthroughs of Dreamfall: The Longest Journey, Silent Hill the Room Manhunt and Stubbs the Zombie.

And of all the sh!t they made backwards compatible they couldn't be bothered to make the two Xmen Legends games work? Two of my chidhood favourites, annoying to have to get my big-ass box out all the time haha.

#320 Posted by Darkman2007 (17929 posts) -

well , since my Saturn memory cart was corrupted and had to be formatted (so I lost the saves for probably 75+ games) , Im replaying a few Saturn games, Burning Rangers.

also playing some Enemy Zero.

#321 Posted by Dudersaper (32949 posts) -
Dreamfall: The Longest JourneyIlovegames1992
:D yay! Stubbs..I started that game and stopped about 30 min in. Not that I dont like it, just don't feel in the mood to do a playthrough of the game yet.
#322 Posted by Ilovegames1992 (14221 posts) -

[QUOTE="Ilovegames1992"]Dreamfall: The Longest JourneyDudersaper
:D yay! Stubbs..I started that game and stopped about 30 min in. Not that I dont like it, just don't feel in the mood to do a playthrough of the game yet.

30 mins? You're probably halfway through. Haha. Apparently its a really short game. But its fun as balls to me.

Also, is that April Ryan in yoour sig or Morrigan from Dragon Age. If its the former i'm going to look silly in another thread :D

#323 Posted by Dudersaper (32949 posts) -
It' Morrigan hahah :P But I did use an April Ryan theme a few weeks back :D
#324 Posted by Ilovegames1992 (14221 posts) -

April Ryan sucks too.

#325 Posted by Dudersaper (32949 posts) -

tumblr_m26nvnNG5o1qkk10ro1_500.jpg

:P

#326 Posted by Ilovegames1992 (14221 posts) -

Haha i'm more of a supporting characters man myself ha.

Although i do think Zoe is pretty boring.

I'd bust a nut if those little electric teddy bear things become a reality.

#327 Posted by Dudersaper (32949 posts) -

Ilovegames1992
Then do you like Crow at least? I know I love him. :P And yeah, a real life Watilla would be awesome :P who needs friends when you have a robot gorilla/teddy bear?
#328 Posted by Ilovegames1992 (14221 posts) -

[QUOTE="Ilovegames1992"]

Dudersaper

Then do you like Crow at least? I know I love him. :P And yeah, a real life Watilla would be awesome :P who needs friends when you have a robot gorilla/teddy bear?

Crow is the hypeist sh!t.

Nothing cooler than funny talking animals in an adventure.

Watilla, thats the name. Genuinley got a bit sad when i had to take the battery out of my one :(

#329 Posted by Dudersaper (32949 posts) -
You can always put it back in :P
#330 Posted by Ilovegames1992 (14221 posts) -

You can always put it back in :PDudersaper

I know, i did.
it just felt like killing Bambi. :(

But i'm gonna take a bit of a break from the game anyay when i've sorted my life out and have good free time haha. The combat annoys me to no end.

#331 Posted by Dudersaper (32949 posts) -

[QUOTE="Dudersaper"]You can always put it back in :PIlovegames1992

I know, i did.>

Oh then yeah I know what you mean :P even though you knew you could put them back you still feel sad when you turn him off, happens to me every time too :P Especially because of the way Wonkers talks to Zoe, you just feel so sorry for taking the battery out D:

#332 Posted by Ilovegames1992 (14221 posts) -

[QUOTE="Ilovegames1992"]

[QUOTE="Dudersaper"]You can always put it back in :PDudersaper

I know, i did.>

Oh then yeah I know what you mean :P even though you knew you could put them back you still feel sad when you turn him off, happens to me every time too :P Especially because of the way Wonkers talks to Zoe, you just feel so sorry for taking the battery out D:

Right. But i guess i'm just a bit of a babby though.

#333 Posted by Valknut4 (392 posts) -

Currently playign Grandia, on PS1.

Not sure if I enjoy it or not. This is my 2nd time around though, I could never get into it as a kid.

#334 Posted by WreckEm711 (6922 posts) -

Rogue Squadron II for GCN!

#335 Posted by BarbaricAvatar (977 posts) -

Heatseeker (PS2)

Confused as to why the review scores are so consistantly low for it. Yes, it's no Ace Combat, but to go in expecting it to be is a bit daft to say the least. Treat it less like a poor copy of AC and more like a modernised Afterburner and the outlook is much brighter.

The music is indeed annoying, but it can be turned off. Your altitude is limited and you seem to defy gravity+physics in getting up there. And you can release drop-bombs while flying upside-down. But hardly legitimate reasons for scoring the game so lowly.

I don't have a score formulated yet, but it isn't as rubbish as people would have you believe (if you go in without expecting Ace Combat).

BarbaricAvatar

Forget everything i said here. The longer you play, the more it falls to pieces. Beginning to wonder if it deserves a place in my collection or if it will be joining "the pile".

Must get out of the habit of only writing reviews for rubbish games. http://gamespot.com/heatseeker/user-reviews/806367/

#336 Posted by BarbaricAvatar (977 posts) -

Currently 3 hours through "Shadow of Memories/Destiny".

It's kinda like a modern evolution of Point 'n Click, reminds me a bit of Dreamfall in that regard. Not a whole lot to DO and nothing that requires any level of skill, but keeps you interested with the narrative and story.

I have lost track of the story at a few points where it hasn't explained itself very well, and have had a couple of 'game over's without knowing why they occurred, but nothing that puts me off playing.

Even the central character, who is a complete idiot, doesn't ruin it.

#337 Posted by Eikichi-Onizuka (8022 posts) -

I just finished playing through Under Defeat HD in all difficulties. Really fun shmup, didn't mind playing through it 8 times for the platinum.

Eventually you unlock infinite credits the longer you play, but I only got up to 4 before I was able to finish on hard. Really not that hard compared to a lot of shmups I'm sure some of our legacy posters could beat it with 1 or 2 credits.

#338 Posted by sonic_spark (4607 posts) -

Still in the process of finishing Link's Awakening. I'm finally at the last temple. Ideally I want to hook up my Virtual Boy and finish Wario Land at some point in the near future.

#339 Posted by Legend002 (7085 posts) -

I'm still trying to finish Pokemon White and Arkham City at the moment.

#340 Posted by Heirren (16826 posts) -
Wave Race Blue Storm. I owned and played it upon release. Always thought it was great, but still preferred the original. I still do prefer the original, however, Blue Storm is one of the most criminally underrated games of that gen. I swear GameCube has far and away the best games of that gen. Fzero and Wave Race are the two best racers from that gen, IMO. Each of which is yet to be topped(crept BS didn't top WR64, for me.)
#341 Posted by Eikichi-Onizuka (8022 posts) -
I played some Shienryu, Zanac, and Zanac Neo. They're all fun shmups, haven't beaten them yet. I love Compile, but definitely thinking Shienryu was the better purchase. I didn't expect that.
#342 Posted by Heirren (16826 posts) -
Mike Tyson's Punch Out. One of my favorites, all around. Love the music, visuals, and especially the way the characters are animated. Bald Bull KOed me this morning, though. :(. I'll have my revenge tonight.
#343 Posted by BarbaricAvatar (977 posts) -

Drakan: The Ancients' Gates.

Beginning to wonder why i traded it in all those years ago. Yes, it has visually dated -even within the PS2 lifetime- and the combat is basic but it has an undeniable charm. Early days yet though. Most games start off well, it's keeping the fun going that two thirds of all games struggle with.

#344 Posted by Dexter-010 (531 posts) -
DiRT 3 Dirt tour mode
#345 Posted by bowserjr123 (1624 posts) -

I just started playing Super Star Wars again, I'm actually going to beat it this time :P

I've also been playing a lot of Super Mario Kart with my roommate.

#346 Posted by Cloud_765 (111391 posts) -
Pokemon LeafGreen and Dragon Quest IX: Sentinnels of the Starry Skies, and some Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D.
#347 Posted by NightFox313 (367 posts) -

Mostly some Resident Evil 2 (Disc 2 CLAIRE) and Armored Core: Master of Arena at the moment.

#348 Posted by Dudersaper (32949 posts) -

Drakan: The Ancients' Gates.

Beginning to wonder why i traded it in all those years ago. Yes, it has visually dated -even within the PS2 lifetime- and the combat is basic but it has an undeniable charm. Early days yet though. Most games start off well, it's keeping the fun going that two thirds of all games struggle with.

BarbaricAvatar
So want to play that game, I heard lots of good things about it here from MonkeySpot and Emerald.
#349 Posted by Articuno76 (18773 posts) -
Currently juggling two games. Xenogears for the PS1. I'm around 20 hours in. At the section where you escape the slum/city. Not stuck, just got to a story-triggered save-point and left things there for whatever reason. Also playing Eve Burst Error for the Sega Saturn. I left this game on the pile for a long time because I got hopelessly stuck. Didn't realise you are supposed to keep alternating between characters by switching discs. Want to at least clear Eve over the next few days because I have Silent Hill 3 and Xenosaga Episode 1 arriving soon for the PS2.
#350 Posted by Dexter-010 (531 posts) -
Dante's Inferno, DiRT 3, Homefront & Need For Speed: Shift