What are you playing right now?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#201 Posted by Dudersaper (32949 posts) -

-Drakan: The Ancient Gates (PS2) - Great hack-n-slash action game with RPG-elements and a somewhat open-world. The graphics are a bit dated, but it's an earlier PS2 game, so it was good for the time. You have hack-n-slash levels where you kill goblins and trolls and such, search for gold and treasure, fight bosses, and level-up your character. There's towns and shops with NPCs to interact with. But the hook of this game is the ability to control a dragon, as well, which you can use to reign down destruction upon your enemies.

Emerald_Warrior

You and MonkeySpot are making me jelly with all this Drakan talk, I'm actually currently looking out for a copy.

As for what I'm playing:

Digital Devil Saga (PS2) - Still on that last dungeon, haven't played it almost at all, which is stupid, since I'm literally like 2 battles from finishing it.

Dragon Quest VIII (PS2) - Doing my first attempt at Fisticuffs only, 'tis gonna be tough.

Robot Alchemic Drive (PS2) - Did a few missions, been using Laguiole as my Meganite.

.hack//Mutation (PS2) - Did a few dungeons, that's it.

The Longest Journey (PC) - I'm in the underwater world now, forgot the name, loving the crap out of this game.

Tetris with Cardcaptor Sakura (PS1) - Addicting...as...f***

#202 Posted by DJSAV_101 (3690 posts) -

MGS3

#203 Posted by Heirren (17099 posts) -
Wario Advance(whichever came with the ambassador 3ds deal. The game is fantastic. I'm surprised I didnt ever buy this when it first cameout.
#204 Posted by LordBrew (269 posts) -

Persona 4 for me and my gf is nearing 100% on Spyro Year of the Dragon.

#205 Posted by KBFloYd (13684 posts) -

i beat super mario land yesterday...lol game is like 25min long...

should start pokemon emerald when it arrives... still have to beat Final fantasy 2 on snes...im close to the end.

i also started metal gear solid on ps1 still..on the first cd.. havnt touched in months due to laziness :P

#206 Posted by Solid_Link22 (5642 posts) -

I just received my order of Persona 3 FES and Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne. Don't know if I should start one of those or start Xenoblade lol

#207 Posted by Dudersaper (32949 posts) -

I just received my order of Persona 3 FES and Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne. Don't know if I should start one of those or start Xenoblade lol

Solid_Link22
Never played Xenoblade but people say it's amazing. But excluding Xenoblade since I know little about it, definetly start P3FES, great game, Nocturne might be a bit overwhelming if you're not used to SMT titles yet.
#208 Posted by Lucianu (9427 posts) -

Just managed to get Metropolis Street Racer for the DC, i'm going to give it ago for a hour to see if i'll enjoy it or not.

#209 Posted by BigBen11111 (1528 posts) -

I've been playing Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon on my 3DS, Grand Theft Auto Vice City Stories on the PSP.

#210 Posted by Judgement-Law (276 posts) -
Picked up the gamecube version of Sonic Adventure 2 for $14.99, might play through this first before I continue my Xbox 360 collection I just brought.
#211 Posted by linkyshinks (1297 posts) -
Souky
#212 Posted by linkyshinks (1297 posts) -
Silhouette Mirage SS
#213 Posted by Emerald_Warrior (6581 posts) -

Treasure Adventure Game, which was a free download from GOG. It's surprisingly good. Very reminiscent of Cave Story. Great adventure/platforming game with a lot of attention to the little things and it's pretty obvious this game was a labor of love.

#214 Posted by Renegade_Fury (17162 posts) -

Virtual-On Cyber Troopers. It's been 17 years, but I finally own a copy. :D

#215 Posted by bowserjr123 (1624 posts) -

[QUOTE="Solid_Link22"]

Dudersaper

Never played Xenoblade but people say it's amazing. But excluding Xenoblade since I know little about it, definetly start P3FES, great game, Nocturne might be a bit overwhelming if you're not used to SMT titles yet.

Xenoblade is amazing, it's definitely worth it. Probably the best game I've played all year.

As for what I'm playing, I just finished Illusion of Gaia yesterday and just started playing Lufia for the SNES. I've also been played DBZ Legacy of Goku 2 for GBA on the road.

#216 Posted by naju890_963 (8954 posts) -

PS3 :

Saints Row 2 - One word to sum it up "Fun".

Warhammer 40K Space Marine - It's a quite fun GOW style shooter. I love how the orks talk.

Outland - Haven't played it that much but the art style looks amazing.

PS2 :

Killzone : I'm a few levels in, the shooting is fun but it suffers from a very unstable frame rate.

Zone Of The Enders The 2nd Runner : Fighting lloyd.

Can't play any PS2 right now, cause my CRT got messed up a few days ago.

Sega Megadrive :

Sonic The Hedgehog : Marble zone is awesome, trying to defeat Robotnik's machine.

#217 Posted by Seabas989 (10285 posts) -

Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition on the PS2.

I should also be getting Mario Kart Super Circuit some time this week.

#218 Posted by Shenmue_Jehuty (5207 posts) -

Seabas989

Call me a masochist, but I actually went out of my way to get the original edition of DMC3, just because of how infamously hard it supposedly is. And yes, it's quite brutal :p

#219 Posted by Seabas989 (10285 posts) -

[QUOTE="Seabas989"]

Shenmue_Jehuty

Call me a masochist, but I actually went out of my way to get the original edition of DMC3, just because of how infamously hard it supposedly is. And yes, it's quite brutal :p

:lol: well I already died a couple times on the Special Edition so i can imagine how insane the original is.

#220 Posted by Kage1 (6745 posts) -

Pong

#221 Posted by SloveenEfsei (50 posts) -
Skyrim still... need to get a new game
#222 Posted by hurriflash (643 posts) -

Half-Life (ps2) and original Silent Hill

#223 Posted by Dudersaper (32949 posts) -
Still going at .hack//Mutation, and doing the post-game dungeons in Rogue Galaxy and .hack//G.U. Vol.3
#224 Posted by logicalfrank (1641 posts) -

I am playing the GBA-version of Yoshi's Island. Both this and the sequel on DS are tough as nails. It's got this crayon-drawn graphic stylec so it looks all kiddie and then it just kicks your ass.

#225 Posted by Zassimick (6570 posts) -

Just beat Super Paper Mario. Now I'm continuing on in Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance and trying to decide on another console game to play. Choices are Prince of Persia: Warrior Within, Sly 2: Band of Thieves, and Paper Mario & The Thousand Year Door.

I also am sort of playing through Skyrim and Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary as well, and I plan to play through Star Fox 64 3D and Kid Icarus: Uprising after I beat Kingdom Hearts 3D.

Woofta that's a lot! :P

#226 Posted by kitty (114743 posts) -
pokemon gold
#227 Posted by Emerald_Warrior (6581 posts) -

Skyrim still... need to get a new gameSloveenEfsei

If you can't get a new game, then Skyrim is a fine game to play in the meantime.

#228 Posted by BuryMe (22017 posts) -

Right now, mostly Ratchet and Clank.

#229 Posted by XeroEX (495 posts) -

I am trying to finish up Persona 4 and Radiant Historia. I hope I can toss in another RPG or two before school starts again in a month.

#230 Posted by JigglyWiggly_ (23561 posts) -

Klonoa 2 on the gba
i play a level like every few weeks
ah ye

usually while waiting for a ride

i'll beat it eventually

gota finish that story

#231 Posted by homegirl2180 (7161 posts) -
Devil May Cry, Persona 3: FES, and Dragon Quest IX.
#232 Posted by Allicrombie (25197 posts) -
Devil May Cry, Persona 3: FES, and Dragon Quest IX.homegirl2180
you do get around.
#233 Posted by riou7 (10833 posts) -

I just beat RE 1, 2, and 3 all of them less than 2 weeks, I think :P Next is megaman X5!

#234 Posted by almasdeathchild (9517 posts) -

ps1: galerians,wild nine,medieval,twisted metal

n64 : biofreaks,doom 64,killer,instinct gold

other: turok,blood,doom.final doom,doom2

current: condemned 2:bloodshot,F.3.A.R,dishwasher dead samurai/vampire smile

#235 Posted by Emerald_Warrior (6581 posts) -

I just beat RE 1, 2, and 3 all of them less than 2 weeks, I think :P Next is megaman X5!

riou7

Awesome! You shouldn't miss out on Resident Evil: Code Veronica and Resident Evil 4. Both are fantastic games. RE: Code Veronica being the biggest and most ambitious of the old-styIe Resident Evil games. And Resident Evil 4 being the game changer for the Resident Evil series, propelling it into the next-generation.

#236 Posted by travisstaggs (10538 posts) -

Been playing Batman Arkham City and Persona 4 Arena off and on a bit.

Legacy console wise I've been thinking about playing some Sonic or Mario.

#237 Posted by travisstaggs (10538 posts) -

riou7
Someone has been busy. :P I've been wanting to have a Resident Evil-a-thon for the last year or so now. Might get on that after class tomorrow. :
#238 Posted by riou7 (10833 posts) -

Awesome! You shouldn't miss out on Resident Evil: Code Veronica and Resident Evil 4. Both are fantastic games. RE: Code Veronica being the biggest and most ambitious of the old-styIe Resident Evil games. And Resident Evil 4 being the game changer for the Resident Evil series, propelling it into the next-generation.

Emerald_Warrior

I've played RE4, it was actually the first RE game I played :D It was really awesome, I beat the game twice. I haven't played RE Veronica though, I'll play the game if I can still buy it somewhere. Now that I remember I still have RE Zero for the wii, I have the game and I have yet to play it. Maybe I should go with that one first and megaman X5 later :P
[QUOTE="riou7"]

travisstaggs

Someone has been busy. :P I've been wanting to have a Resident Evil-a-thon for the last year or so now. Might get on that after class tomorrow. :

I was really busy :P You should have a Resident Evil-a-thon before they release RE6 ;)

#239 Posted by Emerald_Warrior (6581 posts) -

[QUOTE="Emerald_Warrior"] I've played RE4, it was actually the first RE game I played :D It was really awesome, I beat the game twice. I haven't played RE Veronica though, I'll play the game if I can still buy it somewhere. Now that I remember I still have RE Zero for the wii, I have the game and I have yet to play it. Maybe I should go with that one first and megaman X5 later :P [QUOTE="travisstaggs"][QUOTE="riou7"]

riou7

I was really busy :P You should have a Resident Evil-a-thon before they release RE6 ;)

While still a decent game in it's own right, Resident Evil Zero is probably the weakest game in the series (not counting the spin-offs).

#240 Posted by homegirl2180 (7161 posts) -
[QUOTE="homegirl2180"]Devil May Cry, Persona 3: FES, and Dragon Quest IX.Allicrombie
you do get around.

Not sure I understand what you mean.
#241 Posted by travisstaggs (10538 posts) -

[QUOTE="Emerald_Warrior"] I've played RE4, it was actually the first RE game I played :D It was really awesome, I beat the game twice. I haven't played RE Veronica though, I'll play the game if I can still buy it somewhere. Now that I remember I still have RE Zero for the wii, I have the game and I have yet to play it. Maybe I should go with that one first and megaman X5 later :P [QUOTE="travisstaggs"][QUOTE="riou7"]

riou7

I'll probably play and beat 1-4 for a couple of weeks. I would include 5 but I played it so much last year and early this year I can't anymore. :lol:
#242 Posted by sAndroid17 (8711 posts) -

Wind Waker

#243 Posted by BarbaricAvatar (977 posts) -

Current playlist:

197470_42232_thumb.jpg445328_19589_thumb.jpg942137_94947_thumb.jpg454282_20154_thumb.jpg

Starting afresh in GT3, just finishing up battle modes in RE:V, 2 more missions to go in Eden and 15 hours play in PQ.

#244 Posted by dbz987 (3717 posts) -

just finsished Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne

now playing Deus Ex Machina and Skyrim

#245 Posted by kittensRjerks (3802 posts) -

Evil Dead (ps2)

#246 Posted by Heirren (17099 posts) -
Ocarina of Time(3D version, though). This is one incredible game"
#247 Posted by slamminjammin69 (1599 posts) -

I just hooked up my SNES an hour ago and was replaying the beginning of Super Mario World where I found out all 3 save files were deleted. So there goes my best save file where I was up to the last level area in the game.

Now I have to start all over from scratch

#248 Posted by Retro-Ninja (21 posts) -
Xbox 360: Dragon's Dogma, Mass Effect 3, Splinter Cell Conviction PS3: Sleeping Dogs, Syndicate, Battlefield 3, Xmen Origins Wolverine
#249 Posted by Dudersaper (32949 posts) -

just finsished Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturnedbz987

Any final thoughts? :P

#250 Posted by bowserjr123 (1624 posts) -

I recently finished Lufia and I was in an F-Zero GX mood for a bit so I also beat all of the story missions on hard, very hard seems impossible at the moment :P

Now I'm playing Tales of Symphonia.